Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'll speak for myself, but I'd prefer he stays in the OHL, don't want him rushed, let him have a big year there, it's not like he has nothing left to prove. Then Laval the year after.

And HuGo can work to broker a trade out of Kitchener.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
There were a lot of mad posters that argued that Mesar had a better camp/was a better prospects than Slaf after pre-season.

Is Mesar also a better prospects than Wright now?

Reactions: Pomee

DailyKaizen

Hard to say exactly as he's always smiling and happy and interacting with fans. But there is zero doubt that coaching was a disaster until they fired Dennis. The entire team managed the puck like a hand grenade and never made a stitch of improvement. In fact, last night is the first time I've seen any of their top guys held accountable for it. Maybe if they had tried this sooner, they wouldn't have been 8th.

I wish coaches would understand you're not helping your players develop if you don't hold them accountable. And I don't mean in an old school "don't try stuff" way, but rather help them snuff out the horrible decisions. Mesar clearly hasn't met a risky pass he didn't like to try, but his top gear skating only seems to work going one way. These are things he needs to clean up a lot to ever play in the NHL. And Chris Dennis as coach was a lost year in that regard for him. Maybe the playoffs will salvage some development.
Alot of coaches put their own self interests first above all else...

ie not get fired, career progression, CV padding

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Wallach

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
There were a lot of mad posters that argued that Mesar had a better camp/was a better prospects than Slaf after pre-season.

I was at the game yesterday and mesar was very noticeable out there still needs strength and confidence passed a few times he should have shot but looked great, Wright looked terrible not saying mesar is better or not but last night he was definitely better

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Mesar is definitely a better hockey player with better IQ, skills. Do you disagree?

In my honest but biased opinion, Mesar, right now is the no2 of the Draft after Hutson.

Do we all agree that Hutson is the true no1 of the draft or am i crazy?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I'll speak for myself, but I'd prefer he stays in the OHL, don't want him rushed, let him have a big year there, it's not like he has nothing left to prove. Then Laval the year after.

Why? what does he have to prove? The things he needs to improve are workable in the off seasons, he doesn't need the OHL to teach him how to shoot harder or gain muscles.

I want to see if he can translate his elite skills to the NHL, the people who watch him play know he's got really good skills that few NHLers posses.

He's too smart for the OHL to the point where it hurts his production.

He did have a really strong camp and he did play very well in the Juniors againts Bedard.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Mesar is definitely a better hockey player with better IQ, skills. Do you disagree?

In my honest but biased opinion, Mesar, right now is the no2 of the Draft after Hutson.

the guy with Mesar in his PFP is hyping up Mesar? Shocking I tell ya, shocking.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

Maybe Hutson is the player with the highest IQ in this draft (which would explain his production despite skating / size ) but best IQ doesn’t mean best player even if it’s the more important trait)

Reactions: Pomee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

No, we don’t.

And Mesar is definitely not a better hockey player.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
At one point, not now I guess, at one point, Mesar will have to start racking points as he was drafted solely for that reason. Not to be a good 3rd line backchecker. But to have a significant role offensively. I will follow him more intensively during the London series...but at one point, we have to expect that a guy who played with men no matter the league's strength, has to get in the scoreboard in juniors.....

If not this year, well I sure hope so that next year we will have other great points than being a great backchecker....Obviously still has time to turn things around.

I'm not sure how people cannot understand the criticisms right now. Let say Beck isn't that much scoring with his team...well it might not be that much of an issue 'cause he could very well end up being a 3rd line C. If Hutson would not be racking points in the NCAA...it WOULD be a problem as he's not pencilled to be a shutdown d-man. Yet, we are ECSTATIC with great reasons to see Hutson do the stuff he does. EVEN THOUGH he's far from being ready. But we see what he can do. Mesar has to bring that game. That explosiveness. That driving in the middle. That scoring touch. At one point, he will have to.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
At one point, not now I guess, at one point, Mesar will have to start racking points as he was drafted solely for that reason. Not to be a good 3rd line backchecker. But to have a significant role offensively. I will follow him more intensively during the London series...but at one point, we have to expect that a guy who played with men no matter the league's strength, has to get in the scoreboard in juniors.....

If not this year, well I sure hope so that next year we will have other great points than being a great backchecker....Obviously still has time to turn things around.
Lol, never forget when people were mad because Mesar was going to the OHL because… “he already played in a men’s league so playing in junior is a step down and he’s just gonna dominate weaker competition”. Look how the tables have turned.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Lol, never forget when people were mad because Mesar was going to the AHL because… “he already played in a men’s league so playing in junior is a step down and he’s just gonna dominate weaker competition”. Look how the tables have turned.
Yeah, we were expecting him to dominate there. And frankly, in his first games...that's EXACTLY what he seem to be able to do and then it slowed down. A lot. Fatigue? Mental? Could be all of it. A well rested summer will be in order. But the kid has to bring some a lot more next year.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
From his OHL year he wouldn’t even have been drafted at all. There’s at least 100 better players than him in the O. Keep hyping Euro players when you have the best players in your own backyard. I’m a habs fan but I fear the new draft guru… I’d like to know if Martin Lapointe felt as confident about Slaf and Mesar in the first round…

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

At this point, if I had to guess, I'd say that Jiricek and Nemec are the two best players from the 2022 draft.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Whats shocking is posters shitting on other posters.
That’s not shocking. Just the way it works around here.

ehf1rjV.gif

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Why? what does he have to prove? The things he needs to improve are workable in the off seasons, he doesn't need the OHL to teach him how to shoot harder or gain muscles.

I want to see if he can translate his elite skills to the NHL, the people who watch him play know he's got really good skills that few NHLers posses.

He's too smart for the OHL to the point where it hurts his production.

He did have a really strong camp and he did play very well in the Juniors againts Bedard.

How delusional can you be ?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

I'm one of the biggest Lane Hutson's shill on here and I don't think he would go top 5 in a redraft. Top ten for sure, probably 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad