Kings News: Fiala to for 2022 first-round pick and Brock Faber

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He probably looked at the names on the press credential list and said “oh f*** it”.
Hacksaw.jpg

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
Did you read the rest of the post, or did you just freak out at the word 'slow?'

He's definitely of below-average speed but my point was he doesn't let that bother his play unless he's up against McDavid, he's smart enough to be a step ahead as much as possible.
I read it. I don't see Durzi as being slow at all.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not a big fan of another smurf in the top 6... but realistically, where was Faber ever going to break in?
Right hand shot behind:
Doughty
Durzi
Spence
Clarke
Grans

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Interesting take on how the Fiala deal opens LA up to being the victim of an offer sheet.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Interesting take on how the Fiala deal opens LA up to being the victim of an offer sheet.

- Tender an offer sheet to defenceman Anderson at $4.2mm AAV at the cost of a second-round pick.

Ouch, only 1 second round pick?

Reactions: kingsfan

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Blake to other GMs...

giphy.gif

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Sure, it's a retool, with no intention of playing anyone under 26 regularly unless there are injuries.

That sure makes more sense than saying we're actually rebuilding because actions speak louder than words, and it also makes everything under the top-six and Doughty basically expendable.

Don't be surprised when they flip Clarke for some help at the deadline at this rate. Dave Taylor is gonna be proud.
ill bet you 200 hundreds dollars cash Clarke isnt flipped at the deadline. I will pay that shit out I'm not kidding. Your so confident, lets shake on it?

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Blake's biggest screw up so far this summer is trading the 1st round pick a week before the draft so now there's nothing to talk about. The realization that it's going to be more difficult after the trade to have a bad season next year in a good draft isn't helping.

I'm really hoping for Kadri, Trocheck or Copp, maybe even a Strome so Byfield can slide over to Kopitar's wing. :naughty:
this is the weirdest comment ever

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Side bet? He's over 25 goals next year.

Totally agree on this. Petersen should have been a 2-3 million guy based on his progression. I think maybe they overpaid thinking that their goaltending prospects were pretty weak. This is still the biggest need for them. Was REALLY hoping we would land Wallstedt.
this guy saying Kempe gets 20 "tops" is pretty bold.

If i remember correctly it was Jim Fox who said Kempe spent a crazy amount of time (recently) working on the release of his shot, and that is why he has increased his production.

Don't think he will just forget what he learned.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Its def the emperor is buck naked w Kopi and DD on PP1. After watching what the Avs do with constant motion and deception, it should be a blueprint the Kings should strive for. The three players that have the quickness and deception are Arvidsson, Durzi and Kempe... Durzi is also great at getting shots through - something DD is not good at.

Add Fiala to that list now

Reactions: AbsentMojo

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Given how Kopitar is a creature of habit, and Iafallo should bounce back (if he is still here), I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup to start the preseason.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Arvidsson
Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev
Lemieux-Lizotte-Grundstrom

Three lines capable of producing offense, four lines that can apply a lot of offensive zone pressure, and it also opens up a third scoring line that might get more favorable matchups. It's akin to what Tampa Bay does in rolling three lines that can score on any opponent, and a fourth line that's a pain in the ass to play against.

As far as Vilardi and Anderson-Dolan go, they have to show that they belong in the lineup, so until they blow us away, I'm not counting them in.
I would love to see this lineup given a go. I'd really love a player as good as Fiala to help QBs production and jump start him.

I'm not as much as a doomer about QB as some on this board, I mean the kid is still 19, but I'd really love to see him get on track

Reactions: Schrute farms

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Yep, peanuts.

The 1st and a 3rd for Kempe also doesn't thrill me. I assume LA isn't offering $6 mill per on a long term deal or he'd have signed already, so someone may Kotkaniemi him.
The thing is, the players has to want to sign the offer sheet too.

Kempe likes it a lot in LA. Theres a chance he wouldnt sign and uproot his life and move for just a little extra cash, especially if the location is shit. Not saying its completely unlikely, but... the player has to sign that offer sheet for it to go through.

Reactions: kingsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad