Kings News: Fiala to for 2022 first-round pick and Brock Faber

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
ill bet you 200 hundreds dollars cash Clarke isnt flipped at the deadline. I will pay that shit out I'm not kidding. Your so confident, lets shake on it?
RJ is using hyperbole. He really doesn't think Clarke will be traded.

Reactions: funky

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
I have not bought a King jersey in several years now....thinking will have to get a Fiala 22, when he gets his number. No way, AA is back. Runner up would be a Byfield 55 or even a Clarke, if he makes the team.
So, may wait until start of season.

Regaridng Faber. It's honestly good to have closure and not have to wait another 2 years....only to possibly see him sign with the Wild. Even after his coming season and then probably hearing once again, he's not signing.
I'm sure he's going to have a good career, but 2 things help me get over that. 1. Fiala for 7 years of scoring 400 to 500 points....and 2, Brandt Clarke, being on a level Faber will never be.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I always equate player interviews with actor interviews but without any personality. Saying a whole lot of nothing. Would much rather hear from the GM/director.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I thought you'd all get a kick out of who the player comparable is for Minnesota 19th overall pick from the Fiala trade. This is from Corey Pronman at The Athletic (link).

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 7.51.53 PM.png

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Don’t like this trade at all. Why trade for Fiala when you can just splash in on free agency. Original take is that this not a good trade to lose Fabre and a first round. But hope to be proven wrong
Sol, do you still think this was a bad trade or have you been proven wrong?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Sol, do you still think this was a bad trade or have you been proven wrong?
Lol I love that you’re obsessed with me. Go read the GDT for my opinion of the trade last night. Do you want me to pull up your quotes about Kaliyev too? We’re all wrong sometimes. You more than usual people though lol

Reactions: ibleedkings

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So far I'm happy to be proven wrong in that it's currently working out in LA's favor.

Though we are currently 28 games into a 7-year contract, and we've yet to see what becomes of the pieces Minnesota got.

Still, Fiala's performance is making the trade more bearable. It helps that prospects are getting more opportunity

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
you guys need to drop the gloves and stop slashing each others shinguards... btw i actually read through the thread to see what I thought about it (since I forgot my initial impression).. and ended up noticing Sol gradually warming up to the trade. I liked the trade for the record.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think we can all agree with some time passed this was a fantastic trade... feather in the cap for Blake. But, the roster is a mess as it is now - too bad he couldnt get more done during the summer.. if he can fix the holes by moving some salary tied up in existing wings - things will be looking up.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I’m no @Sol apologist, but this isn’t some huge gotcha. He said he hated this trade because he thought we could address the need for a top six winger in free agency instead. These posts were conveniently left out of the clickbait:

I don’t think the difference between Filip Forsberg and Fiala is Faber who’s undoubtedly going to be a top 4 dman and a 19 OA. Forsberg was asking for like 8.2 million. 300k difference. Don’t know about this one. Don’t think he’s a bad player, but I feel like free agency and keeping faber would have been amazing.

wasn’t it said that Nashville wasn’t interested in signing him ?

Oh well nothing to complain about at the end of the day won’t change anything. Hopefully he does what he needs to and that’s that.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Do you want me to pull up your quotes about Kaliyev too? We’re all wrong sometimes.
Sure, go for it. For the record, I was very pleased with Kaliyev's performance on the 1st line last night. He's had a couple opportunities up there before and never made the most of them -- was solid last night for sure.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
you guys need to drop the gloves and stop slashing each others shinguards... btw i actually read through the thread to see what I thought about it (since I forgot my initial impression).. and ended up noticing Sol gradually warming up to the trade. I liked the trade for the record.

I’m no @Sol apologist, but this isn’t some huge gotcha. He said he hated this trade because he thought we could address the need for a top six winger in free agency instead. These posts were conveniently left out of the clickbait:
Uh oh, Axl doing more bad-faith commentary? Say it ain’t so.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
So far I'm happy to be proven wrong in that it's currently working out in LA's favor.

Though we are currently 28 games into a 7-year contract, and we've yet to see what becomes of the pieces Minnesota got.

Still, Fiala's performance is making the trade more bearable. It helps that prospects are getting more opportunity
Adding Fiala and signing Lemieux (without moving any fwds) left very little room for prospect forwards on the roster (top 6 was booked solid) - so that doesnt have to do with Fiala per se, it has to do with Blake (and whoever else was in the loop) apparently not feeling good about ANY of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN fan here. Wasn't part of the equation for you guys that Faber was not only one of many RHD that you had, but that there were doubts about signing him anyway, as he wanted to be back in MN for family reasons?

Fiala is an elite talent, a game breaker. Speed, moves, shot, passing is elite. Surprisingly strong for his size. He is also more than willing to battle it out in corners. He's not perfect, and not a do everything player, but every team needs one or two balls out players like him. At the price he was signed for him, he is a very good value. He's on pace for what, 90 points?

I wish we still had him.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
MN fan here. Wasn't part of the equation for you guys that Faber was not only one of many RHD that you had, but that there were doubts about signing him anyway, as he wanted to be back in MN for family reasons?

Fiala is an elite talent, a game breaker. Speed, moves, shot, passing is elite. Surprisingly strong for his size. He is also more than willing to battle it out in corners. He's not perfect, and not a do everything player, but every team needs one or two balls out players like him. At the price he was signed for him, he is a very good value. He's on pace for what, 90 points?

I wish we still had him.
There was a rumor out there that he wanted to sign with Minne (and not LA) - still no evidence it was true or the deciding factor

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Adding Fiala and signing Lemieux (without moving any fwds) left very little room for prospect forwards on the roster (top 6 was booked solid) - so that doesnt have to do with Fiala per se, it has to do with Blake (and whoever else was in the loop) apparently not feeling good about ANY of them.
I don't think this is true. McLellan literally said a month or so prior that Kaliyev needs to be in the top-6 next season.

And someone in upper management alluded to the fact they made the trade for Fiala because a player of his type isn't usually available, so they had to pounce on it when they had the chance.
People made rumors up after Faber refused to sign with LA, wanting to play in college for another year.

Has any fan from Minnesota started a rumor about him wanting to leave, because he hasn't signed yet? They should. It's all the rave.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad