GDT: February 2nd 2014 Game of Canadiens vs Jets @ 1 PM on CBC,RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The idea is, and I agree with it, that it's better to have a big, average team and then make moves to add smaller-but-more-talented players than have a small, average team and have to make moves to add talented players.

We're starting at a disadvantage and it has less to do with average height and weight and more to do with the fact that our top lines have Moen and Prust on them.

Well, the biggest problem is that a lot of the "smurfs" are also average player.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
People complaining about that PP don't know what a good PP is, all we missed was the finish.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
There is no way MB doesn't see what we see. Let's watch what he'll do, but I'm not holding my breath...

I don't know if MB does see what we see. Seems there's something like "blind faith" guiding our Habs helmsmen. Because big > small in a physical matchup is just science, the laws of physics. You have to choose to ignore that to put FIVE smurf forwards on the ice, like tonight -- that's mad.

(゜-゜)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Briere. That was so offside.

Habs getting chances now. 1st seven minutes were crap, but they're playing better.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
They've been quite physical against us in this game so far.

The Habs are a small team, but its MT's job to adapt his system around that team, which he's done a horrible job of doing (this year). So yes, you're right.

Well, they've been playing better the last 10 min. Let's hope Therrien continues to adapt!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Habs d-men should have truck reverse signals attached to their butts...Do they REALLY have to give that blue line so easily? Can anybody in this freakin coach lineup see this? Unless they know it but acknowledge how bad and how immobile that bunch is....

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Halak is a definition 1A goalie at best. He can't sustain his play over any reliable span of time, you just don't know what you're going to get out of him after five games or so.
If you actually look at his career #'s, his stats are funny. The less shots he faces, the worse he gets. St. Louis is one of the worst teams in the league he could be on because of their system.

When he faces more than 30 shots, his career SV% is like .935 or something crazy.

What happened to Patches? I missed it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
People complaining about that PP don't know what a good PP is, all we missed was the finish.

Just that. So we're a great offensive team with the only problem that we don't score. Okay. Get it.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The size obsession right now is baffling me. The Jets are a big team, but not a very physical one. We've killed them in most of our recent meetups...and now they suddenly have a better coach. Does that tell you the problem is in average height, or something else perhaps?
The size obsession??? Are you serious, our lack of it is hurting us big time.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Murray and Bourque are playing better than they were earlier this season, so that's a good sign.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Gorges is slow, small and can't pass the puck... I know he's not as bad as Diaz and Bouillon, but I still can't stand him because he doesn't move the puck thus affecting the play of all the other players on the ice black hole style !

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
If you actually look at his career #'s, his stats are funny. The less shots he faces, the worse he gets. St. Louis is one of the worst teams in the league he could be on because of their system.

When he faces more than 30 shots, his career SV% is like .935 or something crazy.

What happened to Patches? I missed it.

Yeah, Halak is weird like that. Imagine him on the Leafs. :amazed:

Patch was hit and landed a little weirdly. Looks like he hurt his leg, but he seems fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad