GDT: February 2nd 2014 Game of Canadiens vs Jets @ 1 PM on CBC,RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I hate Desharnais.

And I'm quite upset that Phillip Seymour Hoffman passed away, great artist.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Too small to do anything, we get killed in games like this. I don't know what think tank felt like it was better to go small when the ENTIRE league was getting bigger!!!!

There is no way MB doesn't see what we see. Let's watch what he'll do, but I'm not holding my breath...

En7ropy

Mar 24, 2008
DD; "Crap I have a good shooting lane, better make sure no one's open for a pass..."

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The size obsession right now is baffling me. The Jets are a big team, but not a very physical one. We've killed them in most of our recent meetups...and now they suddenly have a better coach. Does that tell you the problem is in average height, or something else perhaps?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Gally driving to the net. The only player who consistently does that.

2nd PP unit was much better than the 1st.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The size obsession right now is baffling me. The Jets are a big team, but not a very physical one. We've killed them in most of our recent meetups...and now they suddenly have a better coach. Does that tell you the problem is in average height, or something else perhaps?

The idea is, and I agree with it, that it's better to have a big, average team and then make moves to add smaller-but-more-talented players than have a small, average team and have to make moves to add talented players.

We're starting at a disadvantage and it has less to do with average height and weight and more to do with the fact that our top lines have Moen and Prust on them.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna

Right, size is not that important but when half of offense is made of midgets then yea it's a concern....

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal

They've been quite physical against us in this game so far.

The Habs are a small team, but its MT's job to adapt his system around that team, which he's done a horrible job of doing (this year). So yes, you're right.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Well the Jets issues aren't stemming from size, that's one of their team strengths. I don't see why it's baffling to want more size in this particular lineup. Especially when the coach is hell bent on playing a style that needs size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad