GDT: Feb 26, 7PM | Hurricanes @ Capitals

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And this'll be his 4th, yeah? Better hope Gleason returns soon.

Yep...If my understanding is correct, he can play tonight and Pittsburgh. Either Gleason or Pitkanen need to be back by Saturday against Florida to prevent a year from being burned.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
So the worst case scenario is that he plays 6 games, burns a year off the contract and has to be sent back to Kitchener.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
Canes and ex- #Caps D Joe Corvo said Semin should feel "betrayed" by Brouwer comments.

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
Corvo on Brouwer's comments about Semin: " I would feel betrayed if one of my former teammates said something like that about me."

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
Corvo: "You're supposed to be a family when you're playing together, and if you got a problem with somebody, say it. Don't say it later."

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
So the worst case scenario is that he plays 6 games, burns a year off the contract and has to be sent back to Kitchener.

He'll be sent back after 5. Teams take these entry level contract years very seriously and protect them at all costs. Will cost the Canes a few million bucks in 3 years if they burn one.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yep...If my understanding is correct, he can play tonight and Pittsburgh. Either Gleason or Pitkanen need to be back by Saturday against Florida to prevent a year from being burned.

I assume they would just recall Jordan if that happened, right? They wouldn't piss away a year of his ELC for one or two extra regular season games. Hopefully.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He'll be sent back after 5. Teams take these entry level contract years very seriously and protect them at all costs. Will cost the Canes a few million bucks in 3 years if they burn one.

Yes. Worst-case scenario is Murphy is sent back to Kitchener and Jordan is called up because Gleason, Pitkanen, and McBain are all still hurt. But I think we'll see Gleason after Murphy's 5th game at the latest.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I assume they would just recall Jordan if that happened, right? They wouldn't piss away a year of his ELC for one or two extra regular season games. Hopefully.

Jordan, or someone else. not like Jordan was impressing towards the end of his callup. but yeah, they wont burn a year. of course, they COULD always keep him up, give him the spot on the team, use one of the others he would essentially replace in a trade (i.e......McBain? lol) personally, from what Ive seen so far, he is doing well.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Canes and ex- #Caps D Joe Corvo said Semin should feel "betrayed" by Brouwer comments.

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
Corvo on Brouwer's comments about Semin: " I would feel betrayed if one of my former teammates said something like that about me."

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
Corvo: "You're supposed to be a family when you're playing together, and if you got a problem with somebody, say it. Don't say it later."

Corvo vs. Brouwer, that'd be an interesting fight.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Good to see Corvo sticking up for Semin.

When is that Semin interview being aired?

Fin9*

Just got out from the HF jail!! ALL hail the JOKEL who is injured!!! :(

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
so why are they so scared of losing a year off murphys contract, he's so much better than many other options we have.

Well, we'd only be able to use a game or two in all likelihood of Murphy before we'd be forced to send him back to Kitchener if Gleason/Pitkanen/McBain were all still injured past Murphy's sixth game.

And then it would be a total waste of a year of his ELC, and cost the team more money sooner rather than later.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
sasha_waves_zps0caf01ab.gif

smi

Jun 14, 2011
Joni isn't injured, he's sitting out to give other defensemen a chance at the Norris.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Trying to learn russian now, watching Barcelona - Real Madrid on a russian stream. :yo:

Will be interesting game tonight, hopefully we will win our first against a division rival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad