Favourite non-Bruin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It won't come as a shock that Gordie (whom I saw play), and Ted (Lindsay, whom I did not) are all time favorites.

I saw most of the below play, though of course I never saw Sawchuck or Plante. I know these players and others through the lore of the game and NHL history.

Jean Beliveau
Bob Gainey
Larry Robinson
Henri Richard
Red Kelly
Mark Messier
Alex DelVecchio
Daryl Sittler
Serge Savard
Cheating: Robert Gordon Orr, Milt Schmidt, Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, Eddie Shore, Cam Neely, Adam Oates, Raymond Bourque, Gary Cheevers, Tim Thomas, Derek Sanderson, Johnny Buyck, Terry O'Reilly, Milan Lucic

Terry Sawchuk
Jaques Plante
Billy Smith
Glenn Hall
Johnny Bower
Roger Crozier

Nick Lidstrom
Pavel Datsyuk
Doug Harvey
Ron Francis
Bobby Hull
Bob Clarke

Steve Yzerman
Lanny McDonald
Borje Salming
Dennis Potvin
Bernie Geoffrion
Jaques Lemaire
Guy LaFleur
Brian Trottier
Rod Langway

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll have more,

:wedgie:
Love Robinson. A bit before my time but I don’t care, love him anyway

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Overrated as a fighter and hitter. He is no prime Lucic.

Overrated as a player, the ultimate complementary winger to two superstars. Performs his role well, but absolutely not the unique force many think. Marchand x 100 with his premeditated headshot history.
I've read your posts defending the Bruins on the main boards - I'm pretty confident if he was a Bruins player you'd be right there defending what happened.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Everyone of these guys who beat them SOB Soviets.

1691712333736.png

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Right now Tage Thompson cause he's become the best player to make the NHL from UConn. I like Zegras too, we'll see where his career goes. Cale Makar is definitely up there as well, that's probably my top 3 for active players. I like Matt Tkatchuk a lot when he's not playing against us, and same for Austin Mathews (I'd be a bigger fan if he was a 'Yote).All time? That's tough. Maybe Brian Leetch, although he was briefly a Bruin so that probably doesn't count. Same for Jagr. Maybe Chelios, maybe Modano. Pretty much anyone off the 02 US Olympic team could be a candidate.

Teemun Selanne and Pat Marleau definitely up there. Al MacInnis, too.

Another near the top of my most hated.

Last edited:

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
All time favorite: Dale Hawerchuk

Denny Savard
Mike Bossy
Joe Sakik
Jonathan Toews
Anze Kopitar
Pavel Datsyuk
Gil Perrault
Pierre Larouche
Nik Lidstrom
Dominik Hasek
Mike Liut
Steve Konawlachuk
Kevin Dineen
Connor McDavid

Reactions: LSCII

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
So many. Historic players, no way to choose. Somewhat recently retired it has to be Forsberg. I still have 3 Forsberg shirts I wear. Radulov not far behind. Current I will go with a tie between Pavelski and Ovi. Guys I most wanted to be a Bruin in this era are Stone and Simmonds.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Overrated as a fighter and hitter. He is no prime Lucic.

Overrated as a player, the ultimate complementary winger to two superstars. Performs his role well, but absolutely not the unique force many think. Marchand x 100 with his premeditated headshot history.
There was literally no one (recently) who did what Lucic did in his prime to be honest. (I'm talking playing first line and fighting legit HW's)

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't have a past or present favorite non-Bruin. It's weird I watch a lot of games besides the Bruins you'd think I'd have at least one. :dunno:

I did get to see Jarome Iginla in his prime. I was visiting family in Tennessee and they were huge Predator fans although at the time they really sucked lol. Took me to a game (their arena is terrific place to see a game btw) against the Flames. I'm telling you he was a man among boys including his own teammates.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I don't have a past or present favorite non-Bruin. It's weird I watch a lot of games besides the Bruins you'd think I'd have at least one. :dunno:

I did get to see Jarome Iginla in his prime. I was visiting family in Tennessee and they were huge Predator fans although at the time they really sucked lol. Took me to a game (their arena is terrific place to see a game btw) against the Flames. I'm telling you he was a man among boys including his own teammates.
Anyone that's not a toilet seat? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Jeremy Roenick was a favorite of mine. The ticket stub from my only game at the old Stadium was signed by him the next day at O'Hare, as I happened to be on the same flight to Detroit as the Hawks.

1691781342484.png

As for current, Joe Pavelski is up there.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Lafleur and Bossy definitely make my list.
Saku Koivu.

Two guys I really appreciated but had a cup of coffee with the Bs were Iafrate and Leetch.

Eddie Giacomin. Most exciting goaltender I ever saw.

Jean Beliveau
Boom Boom Geoffrion.

Eddie played for the dead Wings in the late 70s, after the glory days with NYR.

A fan favorite and an exciting goaltender.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Marcel Dionne. Got a chance to see him play in the 70s at the Forum in LA when I was a boy. Kings games were the only hockey I could see back then living in SoCal in the era of local broadcasts and no real national hockey coverage in the US.

I remember when Dionne came into the league with (sorry, at it again) the dead Wings.

We had season's tickets at the old Olympia and what I remember most about #5 is his exciting but typically fruitless end to end rushes.

It wasn't long before he wanted out of Detroit. He doesn't receive the credit he deserves because he played in LA, and, unfortunately, never won a Cup.

Interestingly, Marcel (#2 overall) and Guy LaFleur (#1 overall) -- the top two selections of the '71 draft -- finished their careers with the publicity hungry Rangers.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It won't come as a shock that Gordie (whom I saw play), and Ted (Lindsay, whom I did not) are all time favorites.

I saw most of the below play, though of course I never saw Sawchuk or Shore.

Jean Beliveau
Bob Gainey
Larry Robinson
Henri Richard
Red Kelly
Mark Messier
Alex DelVecchio
Daryl Sittler
Serge Savard
Cheating: Robert Gordon Orr, Milt Schmidt, Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, Eddie Shore, Cam Neely, Adam Oates, Raymond Bourque, Gary Cheevers, Tim Thomas, Derek Sanderson, Johnny Buyck, Terry O'Reilly, Milan Lucic

Terry Sawchuk
Jaques Plante (whom I did see play, along with Glenn Hall, for the Blues. I just didn't realize it at the time!)
Billy Smith
Glenn Hall
Johnny Bower
Bernie Parent
Roger Crozier

Nick Lidstrom
Pavel Datsyuk
Doug Harvey
Ron Francis
Bobby Hull
Stan Mikita
Bob Clarke