Favourite non-Bruin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I have non-Bruins players that I like, but only really watch(ed) them when the play(ed) the Bruins. The only guy that I'd watch anytime I could (even if it wasn't against Boston) would be Pavel Datsyuk. To this day I still go on YouTube and watch his highlights.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
1. Wayne Gretzky.

Never saw anyone quite like him and I loved watching him play. The only player I’ve ever watched in person that made me nervous every time he had the puck.

I actually own an Oilers Gretzky jersey.

2. Mark Messier.

If ever there was a man who *should* have been a Bruin - it’s Mark Messier. I’ve never seen a better combination of skill and nasty. If he had played his entire career in Boston, or even just the first half, only Bobby Orr would be a bigger all-time favorite. And probably not by much.

Messier would be near the top of my most hated list.

Reactions: MustardStew

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
That I saw: Retired-Bob Probert, Dale Hunter, Bobby Clarke, Doug Gilmour, Denis Savard, Scott Stevens, Brendan Shanahan, Darren McCarty, Mark Messier, Wendell Clark
Current-Connor McDavid, Matt Tkachuk, Pat Maroon, Brayden Point, Kyle Connor
Guys I read about, caught end of careers/WHA/video--Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Maurice Richard, Ching Johnson, Black Jack Stewart

Reactions: b in vancouver

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Pavel Bure was my favorite player as a kid. With Federov and Mogilny close behind. Honorable mention to Paul Kariya.

I always really liked Ron Francis, Pat Verbeek and Geoff Sanderson as Whalers. On the opposite spectrum, I HATE Brendan Shanahan as Whaler and anywhere.

I was a big David Backes fan during his St. Louis days, unfortunately we got him during the wrong part of his career. But I was a fan of him as a non-Bruin, but then he became one.

Currently, I really like Jason Robertson as my favorite non- Bruins. Honorable mention for Matt Dumba.

Last edited:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Right now Tage Thompson cause he's become the best player to make the NHL from UConn. I like Zegras too, we'll see where his career goes. Cale Makar is definitely up there as well, that's probably my top 3 for active players. I like Matt Tkatchuk a lot when he's not playing against us, and same for Austin Mathews (I'd be a bigger fan if he was a 'Yote).

All time? That's tough. Maybe Brian Leetch, although he was briefly a Bruin so that probably doesn't count. Same for Jagr.

Maybe Chelios, maybe Modano. Pretty much anyone off the 02 US Olympic team could be a candidate.

Teemun Selanne and Pat Marleau definitely up there. Al MacInnis, too.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
All time....John LeClair, Eric Lindros, Shea Weber

Now? Hmmmm. Maybe Pavelski

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Like? I don't like any of them. In fact, I hate most of them. Respect? Stamkos and . . . that's about it.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Håkan Loob
1691700459118.png

Dude was so silky smooth.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
It won't come as a shock that Gordie (whom I saw play), and Ted (Lindsay, whom I did not, though I literally ran into him @ the old Olympia in the late 70's) are all time favorites.

I saw most of the below play, though of course I never saw Sawchuk or Shore.

Jean Beliveau
Bob Gainey
Larry Robinson
Henri Richard
Red Kelly
Mark Messier
Alex DelVecchio
Daryl Sittler
Serge Savard
Cheating: Robert Gordon Orr, Espo, Milt Schmidt, Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, Eddie Shore, Cam Neely, Adam Oates, Raymond Bourque, Gary Cheevers, Tim Thomas, Derek Sanderson, Johnny Buyck, Terry O'Reilly, Milan Lucic

Terry Sawchuk
Jaques Plante (whom I did see play, along with Glenn Hall, for the Blues. I just didn't realize it at the time!)
Billy Smith
Glenn Hall
Johnny Bower
Tony O
Bernie Parent
Grant Fuhr
Roger Crozier

Nick Lidstrom
Pavel Datsyuk
Doug Harvey
Tim Horton
Ron Francis