Fantasy Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Same here. You will learn grasshopper, when everyone is going in one direction for no good reason, sprint in the opposite way to pay dirt. Class is back in session this Sunday: The importance of having good QBs with Professors Maholmes and Brees. Take notes.

What happened young Padawan? You seem to have lost to the master, yet again.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
0-1. Who saw that coming?

Something something death, taxes, and Ray’s fantasy teams sucking....

This coaching thing after matchups is hilarious. It’s like I willed my fantasy team to victory hungover from my couch.

FD5A62F6-9509-4A2A-89A4-C745CDFC24CD.jpeg

Don’t go full diva-mode Ray.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This coaching thing after matchups is hilarious. It’s like I willed my fantasy team to victory hungover from my couch.

View attachment 253789

Don’t go full diva-mode Ray.

:laugh:

Poor CS.

Coach Talk
nfl_4.png

Life's a Mitch

Hey, we'll definitely take the win, Life's a Mitch! Having said that, if we want to take our performance to the next level, then here's one area where we can improve; our starting QBs were thoroughly overmatched this past week. Our two guys under center combined for just 25.86 points in Week 1, and the QBs for CS's Team doubled us up with a score of 53.12. Let's put some extra effort into scouting those upcoming defenses!

nfl_5_c.png

CS's Team

You can take solace in the fact that your generosity did not go unnoticed, CS's Team. It takes a true winner to help someone like Life's a Mitch succeed this week. Who knows, maybe they'll return the favor by taking a couple of defenses early in next year's draft... or something along those lines!

Reactions: Styles

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
:laugh:

Poor CS.

Coach Talk
nfl_4.png

Life's a Mitch

Hey, we'll definitely take the win, Life's a Mitch! Having said that, if we want to take our performance to the next level, then here's one area where we can improve; our starting QBs were thoroughly overmatched this past week. Our two guys under center combined for just 25.86 points in Week 1, and the QBs for CS's Team doubled us up with a score of 53.12. Let's put some extra effort into scouting those upcoming defenses!

nfl_5_c.png

CS's Team

You can take solace in the fact that your generosity did not go unnoticed, CS's Team. It takes a true winner to help someone like Life's a Mitch succeed this week. Who knows, maybe they'll return the favor by taking a couple of defenses early in next year's draft... or something along those lines!

Coaches talk is going to do all the shit talking for us hahaha. That’s amazing.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
tumblr_pu6t69mDWr1xkok61o1_540.png

I kind of broke a sweat last week against Ray's ****ty team...enjoy your early vacation my friend!

I had the same issue with Home Run Inn. We literally came down to the last game of the week on Sunday night - Yankees/BoSox. I got lucky and the Yankees had the lead, so my Yankees pitchers in the lineup pitched and won me some late categories. Prior to the start of that game it was 7-4 my lead, I believe, but all he needed was a save from the BoSox closer, and he likely would have taken 3 categories from me in ERA, K/9, and Saves. We were that close. I hate the Yankees, but they won me that playoff round.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I had the same issue with Home Run Inn. We literally came down to the last game of the week on Sunday night - Yankees/BoSox. I got lucky and the Yankees had the lead, so my Yankees pitchers in the lineup pitched and won me some late categories. Prior to the start of that game it was 7-4 my lead, I believe, but all he needed was a save from the BoSox closer, and he likely would have taken 3 categories from me in ERA, K/9, and Saves. We were that close. I hate the Yankees, but they won me that playoff round.
I am just happy I got here, my team has been the Walking Dead all year long - nobody has had more IR players than me - I didn't have 2 of my top 3 picks for the entire year (Stanton and Klueber)...lost Gallo for a ton, Molina for a ton..just so many corpses to fight through..Hiura and Alvarez saved my butt no doubt..funny thing is I had Bichette as well, had to drop him because I had no healthy bodies in a tough week matchup while he was waiting for his call up..if I didn't have as many injuries he would have stayed on my bench and I wouldn't have had to drop him until his call up lol..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hey what's up with the waiver order for football? shouldn't it be reset from worst record to best?? football waiver orders should reset after each Monday from worst record to best, never played it any other way that I can remember..did we do it on a rolling basis last year??

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
hey what's up with the waiver order for football? shouldn't it be reset from worst record to best?? football waiver orders should reset after each Monday from worst record to best, never played it any other way that I can remember..did we do it on a rolling basis last year??

It has always been on a rolling list, in every league we've ever had, football, baseball, and hockey. :laugh:

The only way I've ever done it in any league that I've ever been in, or been commish in, has been with a rolling list.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It has always been on a rolling list, in every league we've ever had, football, baseball, and hockey. :laugh:
football has always been different..I have never played it on a rolling list - if we did last year I sure as hell don't remember, nor did I pay much attention to the league.. but rolling waiver lists for football just makes zero sense to me ..baseball and hockey are more daily transaction related, football is based off of waiting to get guys for one day of the week (general waiver wire of course, not released players)..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
football has always been different..I have never played it on a rolling list - if we did last year I sure as hell don't remember, nor did I pay much attention to the league.. but rolling waiver lists for football just makes zero sense to me ..baseball and hockey are more daily transaction related, football is based off of waiting to get guys for one day of the week (general waiver wire of course, not released players)..

We didn't have HF football last year.

And football has never been different in any league I've commished or been in. Rolling lists make the waiver usage more strategic, especially in football. How does it make zero sense? You wanna use a high waiver, you better be damn sure that you're using it well, and not wasting it on someone that you shouldn't use it on.

I mean, what does it matter if you're waiting to get guys for one game or not?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We didn't have HF football last year.

And football has never been different in any league I've commished or been in. Rolling lists make the waiver usage more strategic, especially in football.
that would be why...lol

just make sure everyone is aware of the rolling list..

my NFL.com league is worst to best
ESPN is worst to best
my 2 CBS Sports leagues are as well...worst to best

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
that would be why...lol

just make sure everyone is aware of the rolling list..

my NFL.com league is worst to best
ESPN is worst to best
my 2 CBS Sports leagues are as well...worst to best

It's not my job to make people aware. Lol. People should look at the scoring and rules as soon as they join the league, before they even draft.

And I've never done worst to best in any sport, ever. That means that the shittiest team always gets first waiver claim. No thanks. I'd prefer someone have to be damn sure they want to use their waiver claim on said player, rather than waste it on someone they're going to use for a week and drop. Why should a shitty manager be rewarded every week with the best waiver claim? Draft bad, and manage poorly, so get rewarded? Nahhhh. f*** that noise.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Who is the commish? I blame them...or ray.

I am. But again, it's not my job to remind people to go look at the scoring, rosters, rules, etc. They have eyes, and most have done fantasy for years and years by now. Who the hell doesn't look at the rosters, scoring, and league rules/settings before they join a league and draft? :laugh: All that shit is critical to draft strategy, roster build, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad