Fantasy Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am. But again, it's not my job to remind people to go look at the scoring, rosters, rules, etc. They have eyes, and most have done fantasy for years and years by now. Who the hell doesn't look at the rosters, scoring, and league rules/settings before they join a league and draft? :laugh: All that **** is critical to draft strategy, roster build, etc.

SO blame Ray?

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's not my job to make people aware. Lol. People should look at the scoring and rules as soon as they join the league, before they even draft.

And I've never done worst to best in any sport, ever. That means that the ****tiest team always gets first waiver claim. No thanks. I'd prefer someone have to be damn sure they want to use their waiver claim on said player, rather than waste it on someone they're going to use for a week and drop. Why should a ****ty manager be rewarded every week with the best waiver claim? Draft bad, and manage poorly, so get rewarded? Nahhhh. **** that noise.
you have a waiver set up that is not the norm..you are the commish - yes, it is your job lol...and lol at the reward a shitty team..how the f*** does EVERY pro draft work??? by rewarding the shitty teams with the best picks...stop your bad takes bro, they are getting out of hand

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you have a waiver set up that is not the norm..you are the commish - yes, it is your job lol...

Rolling list is the default... in everything. And the norm... in everything. Even FAAB uses a draft position rolling list as the tiebreaker...

And no... it's not my job, commish or not, to point out the rules, rosters, scoring, etc to everyone. Read that shit when you join a league.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Rolling list is the default... in everything. And the norm... in everything. Even FAAB uses a draft position rolling list as the tiebreaker...
not a single league I have played in for the past decade has used a rolling list..none of them..Yahoo has some stupid standards in place but even the league I was in last year on Yahoo was not a rolling waiver list. as I said, it is what it is, post a league note so everyone knows it to avoid any confusion...you are da commish..I am the Captain lol..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Rolling list is 100% the norm, AD.

Weekly reset on standings is stupid, why reward the bad teams?

Right. You don't reward shitty managers who drafted poorly, and manage poorly. Then those shitty teams end up with all the best waiver grabs, and the middle of the pack guys on the edge of the playoffs, and the top guys suffer. Makes no sense.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
not a single league I have played in for the past decade has used a rolling list..none of them..Yahoo has some stupid standards in place but even the league I was in last year on Yahoo was not a rolling waiver list. as I said, it is what it is, post a league note so everyone knows it to avoid any confusion...you are da commish..I am the Captain lol..

Then you're in weird ass amateur leagues. ;) :laugh:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Rolling list is 100% the norm, AD.

Weekly reset on standings is stupid, why reward the bad teams?
why do we reward bad teams at every Pro draft?

not a single league I am in (all money) or any league I have ever been in has done rolling...even my co workers here have no clue what a rolling list is and they all play as well...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Then you're in weird ass amateur leagues. ;) :laugh:
yep, I must be in the non millennial leagues...

every facet of pro sports drafting is based off the exact principle of rewarding the bad teams with top pick..it is the entire backbone of drafting in every f***ing pro sport league there is...but the rolling list is the norm..give me a f***ing break. it is fine with me, didn't know that was the setup here..my kid gets an even better player now lol..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
why do we reward bad teams at every Pro draft?

not a single league I am in (all money) or any league I have ever been in has done rolling...even my co workers here have no clue what a rolling list is and they all play as well...

I find it hard to believe that no one you know has a clue what a rolling waiver list is... :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
yep, I must be in the non millennial leagues...

every facet of pro sports drafting is based off the exact principle of rewarding the bad teams with top pick..it is the entire backbone of drafting in every ****ing pro sport league there is...but the rolling list is the norm..give me a ****ing break. it is fine with me, didn't know that was the setup here..my kid gets an even better player now lol..

:laugh:

How old are you again?

And drafting is different than waivers...

The NFL actually uses a worst record updated waiver priority list after week 3, I believe, but I've never seen fantasy use it, like... ever. I have like 15 years of fantasy experience, and I've never used it once in any league I've ever been in.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I find it hard to believe that no one you know has a clue what a rolling waiver list is... :laugh:
our work league is through Yahoo - 5 years running, guys play in many other leagues as well, not one of them has played rolling waivers nor really understands it..I literally just asked 4 guys in the league if they have ever played in a rolling waiver league - nope. we all must be in stupid leagues.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
:laugh:

How old are you again?

And drafting is different than waivers...

The NFL actually uses a worst record updated waiver priority list after week 3, I believe, but I've never seen fantasy use it, like... ever. I have like 15 years of fantasy experience, and I've never used it once in any league I've ever been in.
drafting is not different than waivers, this is the same principle to build your team - rewarding the worst team is what pro sports does (despite efforts to stop tanking). Pro sports waivers like MLB and NHL are also based on worst record first...what the f*** are you talking about?? lol.. I have no clue what the rest of your post means. as I said, all good. rolling, rolling, rolling..

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
At the risk of jumping in where I don't belong, are you sure it's just the term "rolling waivers" that is causing the confusion? I wouldn't have known what that term is with looking it up, but that is how all of my (non faab) leagues have been. You are #1 wavier until you chose to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
our work league is through Yahoo - 5 years running, guys play in many other leagues as well, not one of them has played rolling waivers nor really understands it..I literally just asked 4 guys in the league if they have ever played in a rolling waiver league - nope. we all must be in stupid leagues.

You know I'm f***ing with you in most of this, right?

But truly, the rolling list is the default in Yahoo. And I'm pretty sure it's the default in most other platforms, also, if not all.

Don't understand it? Ouch. Who the hell do you work with?

Waiver list starts out as the last person to draft having 1st waiver claim, second to last having the 2nd claim, etc. When you use the claim, it cycles you back to the back of the list. Each time you use a waiver claim, you move to the back of the list, and it continuously rolls like that throughout the season... So if you're constantly grabbing scrubs off waivers, then you constantly have last waiver priority... it makes your waivers more strategic.

Again, I'm not rewarding shitty managers who draft poorly by giving them the best waiver spot every week, snatching up all the RB handcuffs, etc.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
At the risk of jumping in where I don't belong, are you sure it's just the term "rolling waivers" that is causing the confusion? I wouldn't have none what that term is with looking it up, but that is how all of my (non faab) leagues have been. You are #1 wavier until you chose to use it.
that would be the definition of it, once you make a waiver pick you drop to last...or wherever according to other owners. we do that for baseball and hockey which I enjoy because of the daily moves needed..that makes sense..football just never did it that way..my cousin and bro just texted me as well standard leagues non rolling in their work leagues..I don't know, maybe we must be too old for this rolling league phenomenon in football..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
drafting is not different than waivers, this is the same principle to build your team - rewarding the worst team is what pro sports does (despite efforts to stop tanking). Pro sports waivers like MLB and NHL are also based on worst record first...what the **** are you talking about?? lol.. I have no clue what the rest of your post means. as I said, all good. rolling, rolling, rolling..

Come on! How old are you!? :laugh:

And yes, pro sports waivers use the list that way... fantasy doesn't, by default. Fantasy sports... is not the same as pro sports... and managing an actual organization...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Fantasy sports isn't the pros, comparing them is stupid.
lol
You know I'm ****ing with you in most of this, right?

But truly, the rolling list is the default in Yahoo. And I'm pretty sure it's the default in most other platforms, also, if not all.

Don't understand it? Ouch. Who the hell do you work with?

Waiver list starts out as the last person to draft having 1st waiver claim, second to last having the 2nd claim, etc. When you use the claim, it cycles you back to the back of the list. Each time you use a waiver claim, you move to the back of the list, and it continuously rolls like that throughout the season... So if you're constantly grabbing scrubs off waivers, then you constantly have last waiver priority... it makes your waivers more strategic.

Again, I'm not rewarding ****ty managers who draft poorly by giving them the best waiver spot every week, snatching up all the RB handcuffs, etc.
same here lol...

I don't f***ing really care, I just didn't know that was the set up. I think rolling is more useful in baseball and hockey because of the daily transactions..but this just surprised me since I never see it in my football leagues elsewhere. I am fine with it, all I said was maybe some other dinosaur like me might not realize it and think record dictates waiver spot..

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lol

same here lol...

I don't ****ing really care, I just didn't know that was the set up. I think rolling is more useful in baseball and hockey because of the daily transactions..but this just surprised me since I never see it in my football leagues elsewhere. I am fine with it, all I said was maybe some other dinosaur like me might not realize it and think record dictates waiver spot..

Still don't wanna say your age? ;) Pretty sure you're also a millennial, technically. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure you were born in like 80 or thereabouts, right?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am the same age as you and your bro lol..born 1981..I am no millennial...that word disgusts me lol

I was born in 84. I'm a millennial, but an earlier one. Anyone born between 77-95 are considered millennials, I believe, and anyone from about 79-85 are considered Xennials, if we wanna be technical.

So officially... you, me, and even my brother in 79, are millennials. :laugh:

Although the three of us would be considered Xennials, as we fall at the very end of Gen X, and the beginning of Millennials.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I was born in 84. I'm a millennial, but an earlier one. Anyone born between 77-95 are considered millennials, I believe, and anyone from about 79-85 are considered Xennials, if we wanna be technical.

So officially... you, me, and even my brother in 79, are millennials. :laugh:

Although the three of us would be considered Xennials, as we fall at the very end of Gen X, and the beginning of Millennials.
Don't believe the lies!!!! we are far better than that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad