Fantasy Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Wow.. so many guys I like hahahahaha. Chubb, Lockett, Duke Johnson, Aaron Jones, JUJU, Chris Carson. Wow. In my main two leagues I have shares of almost all those guys.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
So do you need to have your rosters set by a certain day or can you gain man games if guys are playing Monday and Thursday?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So do you need to have your rosters set by a certain day or can you gain man games if guys are playing Monday and Thursday?

You're setting the roster for the week. If you have a guy play Monday, Thursday, or later on in the season, Saturday, he eats that slot for the week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Styles

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
You're setting the roster for the week. If you have a guy play Monday, Thursday, or later on in the season, Saturday, he eats that slot for the week.

Saturday... what?

I assume you can change your line up at certain positions as long as the guy has not played and the reserve has yet to play. Yahoo doesn't show in the rules regarding line up locks. Maybe that's not the question.

Also 1 day on trade votes seems kind of short.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
getting Zeke 5th overall is now looking wonderful for me!! I got him in all my leagues knowing people wouldn't take him top 3..he looks to be playing week 1 now, very happy now!

I had the opportunity for him in both my leagues, as I drafted 2nd and 4th. Passed on him in both, taking McCaffrey, and Kamara. I'm fine with it, as I still have two studs.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Okay, refer to previous question then. Are line ups locked after 1st game of week or by player when they played or not?

Player by player. It doesn't lock the entire lineup for the week after the first game. So if I have Allen Robinson playing tomorrow, once that game starts, I can't change him out. He's locked in until the games are played for the week. It's as you said, so long as the guy hasn't played, and the reserve hasn't played, you can swap them up until their game starts.

So if I have a guy playing in a Sunday afternoon game at 3, and the Monday night game, up until his 3pm game starts, I can take him out and swap him for the guy playing Monday night.

Reactions: RayP

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I had the opportunity for him in both my leagues, as I drafted 2nd and 4th. Passed on him in both, taking McCaffrey, and Kamara. I'm fine with it, as I still have two studs.
Kamara was the one guy I wanted to avoid in the top 5..just not sure he can duplicate what he did last year and guys like him have hard times duplicating in back to back seasons..just my gut feeling..McCaffrey is a stud, especially in ppr that kid is a beast..you will do fine with him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kamara was the one guy I wanted to avoid in the top 5..just not sure he can duplicate what he did last year and guys like him have hard times duplicating in back to back seasons..just my gut feeling..McCaffrey is a stud, especially in ppr that kid is a beast..you will do fine with him.

He has done it basically 2 years in a row now.

120ATT, 728YDS, 6.1YPC, 8TD, 81REC, 826YDS, 10.2AVG, 5TD

194ATT, 883YDS, 4.6YPC, 14TD, 81REC, 709YDS, 4TD

I don't need him to score 18 touchdowns to be a stud. I doubt he does that again, but I guarantee you he finishes with 10-15 total, which is likely good for top 3 RBs. There's nothing to say that he won't have a similar season. It's not like he sees some insane amount of the workload. He has like 60-100 less attempts than the other top guys like Bell, Gurley, and Elliott.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He has done it basically 2 years in a row now.

120ATT, 728YDS, 6.1YPC, 8TD, 81REC, 826YDS, 10.2AVG, 5TD

194ATT, 883YDS, 4.6YPC, 14TD, 81REC, 709YDS, 4TD

I don't need him to score 18 touchdowns to be a stud. I doubt he does that again, but I guarantee you he finishes with 10-15 total, which is likely good for top 3 RBs. There's nothing to say that he won't have a similar season. It's not like he sees some insane amount of the workload. He has like 60-100 less attempts than the other top guys like Bell, Gurley, and Elliott.
yeah I meant as a top 5 pick, he wasn't that last year..guys like him that rise that high I have doubts on..we see it all the time that RBs do fluctuate a lot..I am more comfortable drafting him as a top 10-15 pick more so than a top 5...I am usually more cautious on players that haven't been repeat top 5 picks and backed it up..might not make sense, but it usually pans out for me lol..

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I hate my starting team. My draft spot just had guys at their ADP I don't really like. Two Packers ugh. Chubb, Keryon Johnson, Someone snagged Cooks right before I wanted him. I did get some potential good sleepers on my bench.

Miles Sanders, Darwin Thompson

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Picking the Bears real No. 1 running back and their defense already paying dividends.

upload_2019-9-6_10-28-53.gif

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Your "real number 1" Bears running back had 0 carries. ;) :laugh:

Yeah, I’m liking this PPR format already. 8 catches for 49 yards is all it took for him to hit his projected total. I anticipate Mitch will start feeding him more and more as the season goes on while Davis carries the load on the ground. Bear down CH10, this party is just getting started.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, I’m liking this PPR format already. 8 catches for 49 yards is all it took for him to hit his projected total. I anticipate Mitch will start feeding him more and more as the season goes on while Davis carries the load on the ground. Bear down CH10, this party is just getting started.

What tells you that Davis will carry the load on the ground? :huh: Montgomery looked a lot better, and actually had more carries, albeit only 1, with Nagy's garbage play calling.

Get ready for Cohen to be a boom or bust weekly option, best suited for a flex slot. His entire stat line will be dependent on him catching the ball or not. :thumbu: And I wouldn't expect him to see 10 targets every week, especially with Anthony Miller having only seen a single target. Good luck!

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What tells you that Davis will carry the load on the ground? :huh: Montgomery looked a lot better, and actually had more carries, albeit only 1, with Nagy's garbage play calling.

Get ready for Cohen to be a boom or bust weekly option, best suited for a flex slot. His entire stat line will be dependent on him catching the ball or not. :thumbu: And I wouldn't expect him to see 10 targets every week, especially with Anthony Miller having only seen a single target. Good luck!

Montgomery is a rookie who runs like a 4.8 40. I’ll believe the hype when I see a reason to.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Montgomery is a rookie who runs like a 4.8 40. I’ll believe the hype when I see a reason to.

:laugh:

He's a rookie, yes. That's all you're right about. Rookie RBs never do well, though... :sarcasm:

He ran a 4.6 40 at the combine. He lowered that to the low 4.5s at his pro day. What are you talking about? :laugh: The average 40 time for a RB is 4.5, btw... these guys are like 5'10 225lbs.

David Montgomery improves 40-yard dash at Pro Day

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
:laugh:

He's a rookie, yes. That's all you're right about. Rookie RBs never do well, though... :sarcasm:

He ran a 4.6 40 at the combine. He lowered that to the low 4.5s at his pro day. What are you talking about? :laugh: The average 40 time for a RB is 4.5, btw... these guys are like 5'10 225lbs.

David Montgomery improves 40-yard dash at Pro Day

It was 4.63, I thought it was 4.73, my mistake. This article lays out the concerns.

David Montgomery is a Player to Avoid | The Fantasy Authority

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It was 4.63, I thought it was 4.73, my mistake. This article lays out the concerns.

David Montgomery is a Player to Avoid | The Fantasy Authority

Again... he lowered it to low 4.5s at his pro day...

Fournette ran a 4.5. Melvin Gordon ran a 4.52. David Johnson ran a 4.5. Duke Johnson ran a 4.54. Zeke ran a 4.48. Derrick Henry a 4.54. Tarik Cohen only ran a 4.42. James Conner ran a 4.65. Dalvin Cook ran a 4.49. Kareem Hunt ran a 4.62. Need I go on? :laugh:

I got him in the 5th round, btw. Not exactly terrible.

By all means, keep trying to talk shit, though. ;)

BTW, this is just friendly shit talking from me... in case you're not aware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad