Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Pathetic, not buying any more jerseys. These guys have the worst f***ing quality imaginable. Numbers are not stitched, they "hot press" them on. The reason I put it in quotes is they don't even hot press them properly. I ordered jerseys for my nieces, I kid you not. The letters and numbers were all peeled off, it was like some shitty sticker you'd get out of those 90s vending machines. I complained about it and sent the jerseys back, they sent me "new" ones in 2 weeks, literally exact same shit with those. And they charge an arm and a leg for their product.

Just flat out embarrassing, their sales are gonna be complete shit.

Yeah and Bettman cares only about the $$$$ nothing else
No he doesn't, we still have the Coyotes in Arizona. Bettman is a f***ing idiot and the biggest reason why the NHL is the 4th major sports league in NA. Wouldn't surprise me if MLS passed them up in 10-15 years.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Am I missing a joke in here somewhere? What does Lou have to do with this?

Lou wasn't with the Devils at the time, but he's the person most synonymous with the "Mickey Mouse organization," so he's the reference point.

Reactions: Reality Czech

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Fanatics were likely the only brand that made a meaningful pitch to the NHL. If Adidas wanted out, they weren't going with a better partner.
My guess is the league was either going with Nike or Fanatics and didnt want to go any other route. Lets see what Fanatics does, their growing monopoly and quality control issues is a bit worrying for me.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The league dropping this news at 6am on a Tuesday tells you everything you need to know about this

Let’s be real lmao
You'd thknk if they were proud of the announcement it would be made into a bigger deal. The fact it was a surprise reveal early in the morning says a lot.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
To make it worse my team is absolutely ass right now. Nobody worth buying a jersey for. (Reichel maybe?)

Im gonna need to buy a jersey this summer of whoever we take in the top 5.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Lou wasn't with the Devils at the time, but he's the person most synonymous with the "Mickey Mouse organization," so he's the reference point.

Gotcha! Now it (mostly) makes sense!

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
The league dropping this news at 6am on a Tuesday tells you everything you need to know about this

Let’s be real lmao
That's a normal news cycle. Friday afternoon would be the time to bury this if they wanted to. The percentage of hockey fans that will care about this is minimal so it's just in the regular cycle of releasing low-impact information.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yikes their jerseys a definitely much lower quality, their price point never made any sense either unless the purpose was to entice you not to get and go with the official, much better one.

Reactions: cptjeff

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
UA is not doing well financially.

The on-ice jerseys have been made in the same factory in Canada for awhile. They simply change the manufacturer logo and keep 95% of the rest of the jerseys as is. So the on-ice jerseys aren't the concern. The retail product is the concern.
Fair enough. Just purchase the authentic ones then.

Fanatics made an entry level jersey at a lower price point, like some have said let's see what there authentic jerseys ate like before throwing the baby out with the bathwater

And let New era make nhl hats qgqin again FFS

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have a polo from them. It’s an XL. I’ve worn it once. It’s cut for someone who is 5-10, 250lbs and it’s so thin it’s almost see through. I can understand some occasional QC issues like a missed stitch or something, but failing so thoroughly on the design is embarrassing. Can’t wait to see the “authentic” jerseys they sell to the public.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad