Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

This will effectively be a branding logo swap for the first 2 seasons. Starting in 2026, it's all Fanatics.

Given how heavily involved Fanatics is with online sales, you have to believe they are going to actively encourage as many alternate jerseys as possible to supercharge the markets. Wouldn't be shocked to see 5 or 6 regularly worn jerseys per team per year in the near future.

Reactions: ClydeLee

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
The kicker is, when it comes to Fanatics, we're not just talking about the quality of the materials, we're also talking about actually getting what you paid for. The internet is loaded with examples of just the exact wrong things for the wrong teams and sports being sent to customers. And hell, then you have shit like this where they don't even get the team right:

FrvX5J7XgAMLv_F
The collab the world didn't know they needed.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
Found the league exec
Marketing and business, while I would in no way consider myself an expert (just like 99% of people here), are within my comprehension.

Yes, Fanatics sucks, I don't think otherwise.

But this remains an overreaction by many. It's not like they're going to spew out jerseys that tear apart from a simple touch to the players. It won't affect what really drives their business (broadcast deals) negatively. And while jersey sales might go down (and I say might, because Fanatics might be more willing to expand the customer base), it will most likely be made up by whatever that deal with Fanatics offers, monetarily, that other brands didn't.

(Also, internet is accessible to like 60-70% of the world population today from a quick search, it's not exactly a 1st world privilege anymore)
People are mad because it’s a constitant pattern with nhl.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Don't worry, folks--Gary will have one of his awesome "anonymous" polls about how everyone thinks going with Fanatics for jerseys is an amazing choice. Just like how we all love the digital ads!

I’m beginning to think that most of us here will outlast the NHL. Reasons for being interested, even as a hardcore fan, are really dwindling.
Great sport. Horrendous league. Just actively shooting themselves in the face every chance they get.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
Inexcusable by the league to sign a decade long contract with a company with no track record of producing any sort of quality product. Fanatics has the worst quality of any apparel producer in the industry. They’re primarily known for having a completely garbage product and somehow even worse customer support. If I’m forced to buy something on their website I filter out anything Fanatics makes themselves because the difference in the pictures they put on the website and the actual quality of the product you receive is enormous.

Just an unbelievably bad decision by league officials. Guess I will be spending zero dollars on their shit for a while.

There’s still time to fix this, NHL. Do the right thing.
This. It's embarrassing. There are people who went through 5+ NYCFC jerseys because they couldn't put a dime sized heat press on straight.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
The direction the NHL is taking in regards to their intellectual property has crossed over into the absurd. Weakening their brand seems to be the objective here

Reactions: Hurricane Hugo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad