Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Adidas ones now are like $200, the Fanatics ones are less and are horrible quality and look visibly different. I guess I just don't have a ton of faith.

Thats when China becomes your friend ;)

Haven't spent more than $50 on a jersey in over a decade. (Even less when it comes to other sports)

Every other major sports league has a legit apparel company making their jerseys and the NHL saddles up with this bum ass company

It’s no wonder the NHL is barely a major sport anymore

Gary and Co care more about who's going to pay them the most $$$$ instead of whats best quality.

Man, I miss the RBK jerseys. Those were solid.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
That’s not what you said when you replied to me, the implication was that you’re concerned with how it will affect the NHL and not yourself
It can be both can it not ?

It'll be disastrous for the league if they continue making these dog shit jerseys. It'll effect the cap and growth and for fans of bigger teams like Toronto, it personally effects us because of outrageous prices we have to pay to attend games.

Look at the response from everyone, not just HF, check any social media platform. Everyone is so disappointed and for like the 1st time ever, fans of almost every fan base have come together with a shared opinion.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
So, this is absolute shit.

Fanatics is trash.

I made a thread a few weeks ago.

So, this piece of shit company is that, a piece of shit.

If you search for their merchandise on eBay for example, you'll see a bunch of authentically signed memorabilia. However, a lot of it is hard to authenticate because their incompetent employees are f***ing lazy.

They didn't put into their authenticating system that various pieces of memorabilia that THEY sold as AUTOGRAPHED isn't. So, when you input the number it will come up as thar item, but doesn't mention that it's signed.

The beat piece of evidence was a signed Marcel Dionne Detroit Red Wings puck. The puck had nothing to identify that it's signed by Dionne, except for the autograph. On their website it just says "Marcel Dionne Puck" didn't say anything about autographed.

When you contact these pieces of shit they give you the run around and have no idea how their system works. When you tell them they're not helping you at all, they ask for your number and proceed to not give you a call. They told me that "someone will get back to you in 24-48 hours" only for 4 business days to go by and no one responded to anything.

When you search fanatics you find a forum complaining about how fanatics authorized a 3rd party website to sell their memorabilia "signed" only for it to actually be fraudulent.

NHL did an absolute shit job looking into this terribly ran company, but that's the NHL. Everything they do is perfect and never do any wrong.

This is also for all sports. I've found basketball and football signed stuff and when contacted they said they bought the signed memorabilia from their website, but it doesn't show up as signed.

TLDR: Fanatics is f***ing trash and should have never been considered.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
It can be both can it not ?

It'll be disastrous for the league if they continue making these dog shit jerseys. It'll effect the cap and growth and for fans of bigger teams like Toronto, it personally effects us because of outrageous prices we have to pay to attend games.

Look at the response from everyone, not just HF, check any social media platform. Everyone is so disappointed and for like the 1st time ever, fans of almost every fan base have come together with a shared opinion.
I agree actually, that is completely fair and valid

I just don’t care because I don’t give the nhl my money to begin with lmao they’re criminals

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
They're going to have specific parameters for the on-ice product. Those jerseys are not going to be some knockoff-level crap like what we buy for $180 to wear around town.
Adidas has never sold the actual on-ice jersey's (aka Made in Canada jerseys). So, we will see how Fanatics handles it and how much the NHL lets them cheap out on it.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
This is pretty much all of us. The crap they sell as "authentic" is a joke.
Adidas still makes the "authentics" at the moment though right? Fanatics replicas (and their other merch) are low quality, but at least it is a cheaper option. Reebok stopped readily selling Made in Canada authentics to the general public at some point after introducing the Edge jerseys. The Made in Indonesia "Indo-Edge" "authentics" became much more common, and you had to hunt for the Canadian ones, sometimes paying a premium. I'm all for options and different price points, and having the MiC authentic again would be really nice.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Sure the NHL loves that Fanatics is the 3rd trending topic on Twitter in the US and it’s everyone just shitting on this decision lol

Reactions: AvroArrow

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Fanatics already had a deal with the NHL, so not surprised they got the inside track for this rubbish. I am just glad it is not Nike, they would've been the absolute worse.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Horrible decision by the NHL.

Fanatics has burnt so many fans before that they will have an uphill climb just to regain customers. Good luck getting new young customers. Not many young people I know want to overpay for an off-brand. Fanatics isn't exactly the logo of the cool kids. At least Adidas had the marketing angle covered.

I won't even go into the horrid quality of Fanatics overpriced trash. Way to go NHL -- choose a company many people already hate.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I know i pointing out that mainstream brands don’t want the nhl and how that related to its revelancy
It's not a bad thing. People complained about the NHL not being on ESPN despite how bad it was the first time and now people are complaining about ESPN because of how bad it is once again. The league grew just fine without them and will continue to do so.

And honestly who cares that Gatorade didn't want to be a league sponsor. It's not really a big loss in the grand scheme of things. BioSteel has quietly been becoming one of the bigger companies out there and has been linked with NHL players for over a decade. It's actually a smart move by the NHL.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
mainstream brand
It's not a bad thing. People complained about the NHL not being on ESPN despite how bad it was the first time and now people are complaining about ESPN because of how bad it is once again. The league grew just fine without them and will continue to do so.

And honestly who cares that Gatorade didn't want to be a league sponsor. It's not really a big loss in the grand scheme of things. BioSteel has quietly been becoming one of the bigger companies out there and has been linked with NHL players for over a decade. It's actually a smart move by the NHL.
snother nhl executive

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Uhhh... I don't even think I've heard of Fanatics. Sounds like a huge drop off in name brand recognition from Adidas. But maybe I just live under a rock?

Is it a hockey-only company?

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Adidas still makes the "authentics" at the moment though right? Fanatics replicas (and their other merch) are low quality, but at least it is a cheaper option. Reebok stopped readily selling Made in Canada authentics to the general public at some point after introducing the Edge jerseys. The Made in Indonesia "Indo-Edge" "authentics" became much more common, and you had to hunt for the Canadian ones, sometimes paying a premium. I'm all for options and different price points, and having the MiC authentic again would be really nice.
Yeah Adidas still makes them as far as I know. I Agree with having options and price posts as long as the quality is good but they really need to go back to selling MIC authentics again as people would snag those up so quick because they are much better quality and worth it

Reactions: CJL182

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Uhhh... I don't even think I've heard of Fanatics. Sounds like a huge drop off in name brand recognition from Adidas. But maybe I just live under a rock?

You're better off not knowing who they are trust me, I'll upload a pic of the jerseys they sent me when I get home. I kid you not, brand new jerseys, the numbers and letters are all peeling/hanging off, just the worst quality I have ever seen. TBH They shouldn't be in business, it's a scam.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't really buy jerseys so I only care about the aesthetic of the on-ice product. I'll have to see what the template they use is. As long as it's not as horrible as the Reebok Edge jerseys. And it took me a while to get used to the waffelboard kind of appearance of the shoulders on the Adidas jerseys.

Hopefully Fanatics assembles something traditional and clean

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

I'm not a jersey guy, but I've heard for years how bad fanatics jerseys are in quality and finish.

I think the issue is more about quality than the name recognition stuff.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The 2006-07 Reebok ones was the last year of good hockey jerseys. Been downhill ever since.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

They are a huge company, very well known mainly because they get involved in EVERYTHING. They also do not care at all about the product they make, they only care about connections.

There will be viral memes of jerseys with the wrong logos, wrongly spelt names, text on jerseys using the wrong font. They really don't care and its just a feature of buying from Fanatics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad