Post-Game Talk: Face a real team? Oilers Lose 5-1, Oh No, We Suck Again!

AssistantCaptain*

Oilers have 1 win this year against a team not currently in the bottom 10 in league standings lol.

Over 1/4 of the way through. That is astonishing.

Tell that to the bipolar faithful. We beat 3 garbage teams and next thing you know Ryan smyth has been revived, Eakins system has finally formalized, goaltending is no longer a problem and things are finally turning around.
In that 3 game win streak, did Taylor Hall perform like a top-5 left wing? Did dubnyk steal us a game? Did we physically dominate any opponent? Did our 4th line contribute offensively?
All that streak did was put lipstick on the pig and before this game started half of you had your trousers at your ankles.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The team is still piss poor... no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Still a lot of flaws in the team... but hey "3 wins in their last 4" sounds much better than "can't score at home if orphan's lives depended on it".

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Great, just great, we can't even beat the Hawks anymore. Pretty much sums up this season in a nutshell. At least with our last few bottom of the league finishes, I could at least look forward to pounding the Hawks. Now the Hawks are pounding on us.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Chicago is a better team than all 29 other teams. Would've been nice to grind out a win, but you can't give up 5 goals to this team and expect even a remote competition.

I don't think the boys will get too down after this one. I'll bet they win in Nashville and against the BJ's. Columbus will be a good test considering what we did to them last time, they'll come out firing on all cylinders. Couple wins, and suddenly we're talking about 5 wins in the last six games.

I really believe we can show definitive improvement this year despite the playoffs being well out of reach.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
The team is still piss poor... no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Still a lot of flaws in the team... but hey "3 wins in their last 4" sounds much better than "can't score at home if orphan's lives depended on it".

"We're making significant progress from a positional and tactical standpoint."

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Oh well. That 3 game win streak was one hell of a ride! Three whole games. It tasted like...victory. We were spoiled, really.
Honestly, you guys shouldn't have done all that hard work to beat three lousy teams for us fans. Just go back to floating around and collecting your millions of dollars.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
My instinct was to not waste 3hrs of my life watching this game. As usual I paid no attention to it..:rant:

I knew this was going to be a stinker.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Tell that to the bipolar faithful. We beat 3 garbage teams and next thing you know Ryan smyth has been revived, Eakins system has finally formalized, goaltending is no longer a problem and things are finally turning around.
In that 3 game win streak, did Taylor Hall perform like a top-5 left wing? Did dubnyk steal us a game? Did we physically dominate any opponent? Did our 4th line contribute offensively?
All that streak did was put lipstick on the pig and before this game started half of you had your trousers at your ankles.

Pathetic post. We have a win streak, something to finally cheer, and you wait for the first loss to embellish, insult and antagonize the fanbase.

Take a seat, rook.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
For me, tonight's game was completely overshadowed by the TV deal. RIP TSN. The hockey coverage landscape has changed completely.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
We lost to the best team in the NHL. Don't take it so hard guys.

Hawks played horrible like they always do against us and Crawford was a joke. Its laugh a minute we only managed one goal.

Hawks scored 4 in first 25minutes and didn't even bother after that. No way they're giving up these scoring chances if we're an actual competitor.

This was another embarrassing game of hockey people shouldn't be expected to pay money for.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We lost to the best team in the NHL. Don't take it so hard guys.

Yea, it wasnt so much that we played bad(did make some boneheaded mistakes), more like the Blackhawks came out an executed there game perfectly. Our guys were pressured all night and didnt have any time or space to make a play. Which resulted in turnovers and mistakes that the Blackhawks capitalized on.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
This team seems unfixable. Move this team to Seattle, take Katz, Lowe and the gang, and give us a new franchise. This time hire competent management from the top down, and coaches that have experience and don't suck (like Buchy).

Really? We're really going to jump to crazy conclusions like that, after one loss?

Ugh.... Tough game, but Chicago's a really good squad, even without Hossa. Lets just focus on Nashville. Very excited to see Bryzgalov start.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I consider it a tie. Dubnyk no longer exists in my universe, so those goals against him no longer count. So it was a 1-1 game. Good job, boys!

The one positive I take from this game is not seeing Dubnyk for awhile. I'll take it. Hopefully the Potter experiment is over as well.

What an org. Trade Smid for hockey pucks so we can give Potter a spot. Obtain Bryz and have him watch Dubnyk for multiple games. Least Bryz finally got some action here.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Switched from video feed to radio feed when it went 3-0. Chicago is probably going to go to the finals this year.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Really? We're really going to jump to crazy conclusions like that, after one loss?

Ugh.... Tough game, but Chicago's a really good squad, even without Hossa. Lets just focus on Nashville. Very excited to see Bryzgalov start.

More like 7 years of mostly losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad