FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.22, 1 Days to TDD, Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Wouldn't mind the Leafs taking a flyer on Tye McGinn. He would certainly beef up the 4th liner, and the McGinns were Leafs fans growing up. Good guys.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 18m18 minutes ago
It's expected that waiver pick up Tim Erixon will join the team in Florida..

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 18m18 minutes ago
Waivers: Rene Bourque (ANA), Craig Cunningham (BOS), Paul Carey (COL), Keith Aulie (EDM), Tye McGinn (SJS).

Bourque could be a part of the Phaneuf trade... He has no value now. McGinn was traded for a 3rd last year from Philly... All are worse pickups than Erixon Id say though. McGinn maybe, but he's a 4th liner and a LW. We already have like Devane and Frattin there :laugh: Oh, don't forget Hartikainen whom may come over too.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Well, this isn't the first time Mgt, has made a move like this. Remember the Rask trade?

I don't care if he stays or goes. Frankly, he is nothing special but if someone else thinks he is, and he can get us a good return. I will be happy. Seems like Mgt is in agreement with this with the noise coming out he is being shopped.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't care if he stays or goes. Frankly, he is nothing special but if someone else thinks he is, and he can get us a good return. I will be happy. Seems like Mgt is in agreement with this with the noise coming out he is being shopped.

Everyone else is being shopped, so it does make sense that they are listening offers on Bernier. I just don't think trading him for a 2nd round pick is a good idea. I wouldn't let him go unless it's an overpayment.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Everyone else is being shopped, so it does make sense that they are listening offers on Bernier. I just don't think trading him for a 2nd round pick is a good idea. I wouldn't let him go unless it's an overpayment.

Except this quote is more telling than everyone is begin shopped isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Not something that you can expect to answer in year 0.5 of a rebuild

He does bring up a good point. If we trade Bernier, then the Mgt team better have a back-up plan. If this team ends up being competitive by the end of our rebuild and we have no goaltender, mgt team would get the most blame out of this. I hope they know what they are doing right now.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Looks like Flames might've traded Glencross.

First, he was pulled out from practice, and then entire team went off... Final goodbyes?

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Except this quote is more telling than everyone is begin shopped isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Almost every media personnel has reported saying that every leaf is being shopped. Like I said, it makes sense that they are listening to offers on Bernier. Nothing wrong with what I said. When you are in a rebuild mode, you listen to offers on every player and try to accumulate as much picks and prospect as you can.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
He does bring up a good point. If we trade Bernier, then the Mgt team better have a back-up plan. If this team ends up being competitive by the end of our rebuild and we have no goaltender, mgt team would get the most blame out of this. I hope they know what they are doing right now.

Unless of course you don't believe in Bernier.

Numbers don't tell the whole story with goalies. I like him but he lets in a lot of softies

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Trading bernier after 2 seasons would be dumb.

He's shown glimpses of his upside, and it just leads me to believe that many Leaf fans on this boards are impatient and not very good evaluators of talent.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I'm not sure what makes players on a bottom feeder so special they can only be moved in an overpayment?

Read that all the time, "over payment."

Seriously, you don't need over payments for anyone, you need fair value.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Paradoc;98238419][/QUOTE]

Almost every media personnel has reported saying that every leaf is being shopped. Like I said, it makes sense that they are listening to offers on Bernier. Nothing wrong with what I said. When you are in a rebuild mode, you listen to offers on every player and try to accumulate as much picks and prospect as you can.

That quote does not say he is being shopped. Read again.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
let's just remember that just because teams are putting players on waivers that a trade is close or could happen. Teams do this every year, they're lining up their contract situation and getting ready for today/tomorrow just in case something happens. Every team will probably put at least 1 or 2 players on waivers.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Trading Bernier doesn't make much sense at the moment, unless we are getting a 1st rounder. Then I'd do it.

Or, maybe they had initial contract discussions with his agent, and maybe Leafs only wanted to go for 2 years, and he wants 5+ years and neither side would budge? I know that as RFA he can be traded in off-season but idea might be that maybe a desperate team would pay more now than they would otherwise in off-season.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This is the logic of Leafs fans.

Bernier struggles after the Christmas break(when he had a .920%) and now we have to trade him...

Bernier plays lights out all seasons and ruins our chances at top 5 pick, now the leafs are terrible...

No winning with the whining.

Keep Bernier, only a dummy would give up on a goalie of his potential after 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad