FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.22, 1 Days to TDD, Anything is possible.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Glad we got Erixon! Said that yesterday.

Where does he slot though? I mean, there's got to be something up with the LHD, because he is currently behind Phaneuf, Gardiner and Rielly there (and is competing with Percy, but he should stay in the AHL for the Marlies this year). Only guys we may move are on the right side (Holzer and Polak/Robidas), but Erixon doesn't play right side (and I'm sure we already want Granberg to play there). I mean, he's not going to be able to play properly unless one of Gardiner or Phaneuf (or Rielly) are moved out or to the other side.

silentbob37*

This guy is a legit insider. I like this tweet.

Make it Bernier for Draisaitl somehow.

I think the most realistic names would be Nylander, Gardiner, to add to Bernier. Who knows maybe one of the bigger cap hits too.

If Nonis pulls this off, he's done a bang up job this deadline.

The oilers lack centered and defense, no way they move draisaitle or nurse, just not happening.

A deal makes sense but it would be for picks (next years 1st at best), prospects, and maybe one of their wingers.

Look at what the leafs gave up for bernier and then REALLY ask how much he has raised that value in the last couple seasons

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Where does he slot though? I mean, there's got to be something up with the LHD, because he is currently behind Phaneuf, Gardiner and Rielly there (and is competing with Percy, but he should stay in the AHL for the Marlies this year). Only guys we may move are on the right side (Holzer and Polak/Robidas), but Erixon doesn't play right side (and I'm sure we already want Granberg to play there). I mean, he's not going to be able to play properly unless one of Gardiner or Phaneuf (or Rielly) are moved out or to the other side.

Let's be logical here. A young former 1st who is a pretty good D and is offered for free by chance. You only have to file and pay for him. You then get to view him for an extended time free of charge and evaluate him. 0 risk and nothing but reward situation and you care about such things?

Free good prospect end of story. Go on take the money and run.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
You call that an elite season? :laugh:

Yes, for sure. He was on one of the worst corsi team in the NHL last year. His sv% was one of the best, his goaltending share points was one of the best, his GA % was one of the best, and his GSAA% was one of the best.

I don't care what anyone says about the last 10 games.

His play in 44 games >>>> 10 games. He greatly impacted our team last year.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

I hope we move Phaneuf back to the right side and pair him with Rielly or Gardiner.

Then use Erixon or Percy as our third pairing left defender.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
44 games? Really. Talk about drawing premature conclusions. That's Carey Price like.

Showed more than anymore else in the organization ever has. People don't realize who difficult finding a legitimate starting goaltender is, and now that we have one, posters like yourself wanna run him out of town for maybes and late first round picks. Perhaps we should employ the services of Vesa Toskala or Andrew Raycroft again since goaltenders are a dime a dozen it seems.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Maybe now Leafs and The Jackets revisit the ahl deal they were discussing... Potentially wanting Percy?

Matt Finn?

I think Matt Finn for Ryan Collins would be a good deal for both teams. Not really any other prospects we could realistically obtain without moving Percy.

Another thing I'd be interested in...

:leafs
2nd round pick 2015 (TOR)

:cbj
Matt Finn

Finn goes for the same position he was drafted back in 2012.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
removing the core, Bozak/Lups/Kessel/Dion/JVR? All these players have value, but have shown as a group they suck, trade them for assets to build a team with heart, because none of these guys as a group have the heart to win.

Please explain what we are keeping 28 year old Bozak for? The guy who can only get 50 points with Kessel. Who vanished like the rest and was here for every collapse. To make the playoffs or win the Cup? Which one?

By the time we are ready to compete for the playoffs Bozak will be 33 and the late 1st round pick will be 22.

I am fully aware of the reasons behind wanting to trade Bozak.

My question was how does trading him for an asset that has a 60% chance of making the NHL make us a better team? It doesn't.

I would probably trade Bozak too. But not for a draft pick. I would package him with something else and bring in a better player.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary

Phaneuf plays right side. We need our youngsters to stay with the Marlies. Also, who knows how many D we will even have left on Tuesday. Phaneuf, Holzer and Polak all possibilities to be traded.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Matt Finn?

I think Matt Finn for Ryan Collins would be a good deal for both teams. Not really any other prospects we could realistically obtain without moving Percy.

Another thing I'd be interested in...

:leafs
2nd round pick 2015 (TOR)

:cbj
Matt Finn

Finn goes for the same position he was drafted back in 2012.

Finn's value has dropped a lot since then.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I hope we move Phaneuf back to the right side and pair him with Rielly or Gardiner.

Then use Erixon or Percy as our third pairing left defender.

I can see that happening once we move Holzer out. I think we want to bring back the solid Percy-Granberg pairing from last year. Brennan is there now, along with Loov, Nilsson (but he's still injured), Mikkelson, MacWilliam, Knodel, Finn and Marshall (and Valiev when he comes in at the end of the CHL season). That's good defensive depth for the playoffs. Maybe that's why we see a Marlies defenseman to the Blue Jackets ;)

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Showed more than anymore else in the organization ever has. People don't realize who difficult finding a legitimate starting goaltender is, and now that we have one, posters like yourself wanna run him out of town for maybes and late first round picks. Perhaps we should employ the services of Vesa Toskala or Andrew Raycroft again since goaltenders are a dime a dozen it seems.

I posted this in the goaltender thread. It list all the goalies who had a bad month in terms of sv %, last year.

Henrik Lundqvist: Month of December went 4-4-2 with a .888 sv % and a 3.08 GAA

Carey Price: Month of January went 5-5-1 with a .891 sv % and a 3.37 GAA

Tuukka Rask: Month of January went 4-4-1 with a .912 sv % and a 2.64 GAA

Ben Bishop: Month of March went 8-3-3- with a .907 sv % and a 2.73 GAA

Semyon Varlamov: Month of December 4-2-4 with a .915 sv % and a 2.69 GAA

Jonathan Quick: Month of September went 8-4-0 with a .903 sv % and a 2.56 GAA

Sergei Bobrovsky: Month of November went 5-5-2 with a .896 sv % and a 3.00 GAA

Jonathan Bernier: Month of March went 3-3-1 with a .907 sv % and a 3.25 GAA

Not sure why Bernier got a lot of hate, for that stretch of game, even though his sv % wasn't below .900. Goaltender have a bad stretch of game. That much is very obvious to anyone who judges a goaltender.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Finn's value has dropped a lot since then.

He's had injuries... I mean, in 2012, he was suppose to go in the middle of the 1st round. So if his stock dropped, he'd still be in the top half of the 2nd round probably ;)

Seriously though, he had two amazing seasons in Guelph since he was drafted. An injury plagued season shouldn't take that away from him.

That being said, I'd add the PIT 4th from 2015 to get it done. I think that's more than fair.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 18m18 minutes ago
It's expected that waiver pick up Tim Erixon will join the team in Florida..

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 18m18 minutes ago
Waivers: Rene Bourque (ANA), Craig Cunningham (BOS), Paul Carey (COL), Keith Aulie (EDM), Tye McGinn (SJS).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I posted this in the goaltender thread. It list all the goalies who had a bad month in terms of sv %, last year.

Not sure why Bernier got a lot of hate, for that stretch of game, even though his sv % wasn't below .900. Goaltender have a bad stretch of game. That much is very obvious to anyone who judges a goaltender.

Not only fans, but Mgt it seems.

steve simmons @simmonssteve · 17h 17 hours ago
Leaf management is perplexed by Jonathan Bernier. He isn't the goalie they believed they were getting from Los Angeles.
0 replies 67 retweets 36 favorites
Reply Retweet67 Favorite36

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Why does it have to be what he accomplished to see if he's out goaltender in the future?

He has played well than any goalie we've had. He didn't accomplish anything because the team collapse when he got injured.

He's getting a lot of hate here because one, he wasn't drafted by us and two, he allows soft goals.

I'm gonna say it again, if either of those two goalies are traded to a good defensive team, they will be a lot better.

I don't really care if he stays or goes. He's nothing special. Neither of them are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad