Post-Game Talk: 8-1 loss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Psychologically, the media, the NHL, the hockey world in general… expects and wants us to lose.

That’s why we’re gonna shock the f***ing hockey world and win the Stanley Cup on Tuesday!

What??

I want you guys to win!!

I can’t speak to the states but don’t be fooled by Canadian media

The only people who care about the oilers are oiler fans. Rest of us including jets fans are rooting for you guys. We wanna see PoMo hoist the cup! 🏆

And you can damn well bet no canucks and especially no flames fans are cheering on the oilers 😂

I was able to visit my dad today. It was hard but cathartic

View attachment 883515

Hard seeing your post and this picture ….as someone else who lost their best friend and father as well, I just want to say my sincerest condolences and hope you had a peaceful, mindful, soulful, memory loving Father’s Day

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What??

I want you guys to win!!

I can’t speak to the states but don’t be fooled by Canadian media

The only people who care about the oilers are oiler fans. Rest of us including jets fans are rooting for you guys. We wanna see PoMo hoist the cup! 🏆

And you can damn well bet no canucks and especially no flames fans are cheering on the oilers 😂

Hard seeing your post and this picture ….as someone else who lost their best friend and father as well, I just want to say my sincerest condolences and hope you had a peaceful, mindful, soulful, memory loving Father’s Day
Apologies for lumping everyone in the hate Florida bucket. I do understand where you’re coming from… so I wasn’t thinking about the fans with the “hockey world” phrase, instead about the influencers like the media and the incessant Messier-PK-Levy-Ferraro-Kaplan oiler love fest. I don’t get it at all, why alienate so many with the one sided takes?

I guess it’ll be that much sweeter when Messier can’t be reached for a comment tomorrow night…

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Reactions: batting1k

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Strange quote by Mcdavid. “we’re going to have to win down in Florida and drag them back to Edmonton”.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Nobody wants us to win.. nobody thinks we should be here .. loser franchise.. loser players..
The question is “what new reason are people gonna find to shit on the Panthers today”. Not to complain but it seems like this team cant do anything without the outcry of the rest of the league lately.

Flying family is a nothingburger, today is Fathers Day so im pretty sure it would have been nice to have the guys see their wives/kids + win at the same time. People need to get over it, if EDM would have done it everyone would be praising how detailed and sweet that organization is. Gimme a break.
Pomo this shit better be on the bb

Reactions: wampa13jku

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
People ripped on him for what he said after game 2, 3 and 4. Everyone always has a problem with quotes, I don't get it.
So I’m not freaking out or anything I just found it an odd way to to say something. I’ve never heard it quite put that way maybe it’s a Connor David thing. What don’t you get ?

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
A few Panthers are not practicing today ?
Maybe maintenance, they have an extra day in between games so im pretty sure they will be back for morning skate tomorrow. Honeslty i dont think Maurice has to ride these guys in practice unnecesarily after the shitshow from Saturday, very uncharacteristic game i know, but if they have shown something all year is that they learn and adjust pretty quick. If some of them need a day to get their body/mind right so be it, I would like to see Lombo and Cousins tomorrow though, think we would benefit from the energy they can bring on a closing scenario, this should be approached with game 7 urgency.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I like it especially for a home game: lombo adds some speed to that line.

Okposo has been solid

Okposo has been ok, but I think his lack of speed gets them in trouble sometimes. Would rather see Cousins in.

Would be fitting to have Lombo and Cousins back in for a Cup clincher. They've been huge parts of our identity.

Reactions: Vilam

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Yea

I think he got unreservedly got sat against NYR.

A lot of NYR insiders were even shocked (Mollie Walker, Brian Boyle).
He's gonna be absolutely buzzing
i think he helped win us the series when he took out vesey with that hit early on, think he was one of their better PKers

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Okposo has been ok, but I think his lack of speed gets them in trouble sometimes. Would rather see Cousins in.

Would be fitting to have Lombo and Cousins back in for a Cup clincher. They've been huge parts of our identity.
cousins and lombo both bring in energy but no finish (i know both had some clutch goals but its not often)
Id rather have just
one then a gadjo/lorentz/okposo on the other end

When we ran both cousins and lombo on the 4th it just didnt do anything
A few Panthers are not practicing today ?
Tkachuk hasnt practiced in weeks

Reactions: CanePanther

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida

Attachments

• qouwswaelu7a1.jpg
    qouwswaelu7a1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 3

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
cousins and lombo both bring in energy but no finish (i know both had some clutch goals but its not often)
Id rather have just
one then a gadjo/lorentz/okposo on the other end

When we ran both cousins and lombo on the 4th it just didnt do anything

Tkachuk hasnt practiced in weeks

Yeah but Okposo isn't giving much more in terms of offense. He gets into the right spots but doesn't finish.

Doesn't matter a lot, it's not going to come down to our 4th line anyways. Need to contain McDavid and our 2nd/3rd to have an impact.

Reactions: Idiot Stick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad