F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Certainly some shine has worn off him due to his production stagnating from his D-2 to his D-1. His skating remains elite, and he's transitioning to C, which could help solidify his stock, assuming he doesn't take steps backwards. Personally, I'm still a believer. As of now I expect him to go 2nd overall, and I don't think it's outlandish to think he could pass Hagens, although he's undoubtedly behind him at the moment.
Why was he moved to Center so late in his development? This is Canada, after all, where MOST Top prospects are either Center from birth or moved to Center once they show some real promise.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why was he moved to Center so late in his development? This is Canada, after all, where MOST Top prospects are either Center from birth or moved to Center once they show some real promise.
He’s a natural center, but his junior team has had good centers who are older, so it’s taken some time for him to move to the position in junior.

Reactions: ORRFForever

horner

May 22, 2007
Watched 2 london vx Saginaw games don't remember hearing his name.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3 assists (2 primary, one of which was on game winning goal) in game 2 of memcup.
0+4 in 2 games

He probably won't reach combined stats of 100 points this season for Saginaw, but currently at 90.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think he’s a top 5 candidate, but not a 1OA candidate. Also a chance he ends up like 15 or so if he can’t figure out a way to take a step forward.
I feel like 25 will end up alot like 24 with a clear #1 guy, Hagens next year, then a lot of different takes on the order of the next 9 guys to fill out the top 10.

25 also looks like a strong year for Sweden in the first round as of now.

But so much can change in a year.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he'll have the best career of all the players in the 2025 NHL Draft. He's such a solid hockey player and can see him lasting up until he's at least forty while also putting up consistently good numbers. Hagens might be the better player, but he may just have a decent career team-wise. Like I see Hagens having a similar career to Pierre Turgeon or Pat Lafontaine.

Reactions: Sacha BOXviert

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
19/30 on faceoffs, is he going to be a full time Centre this year?
Yes he is. Really aren't any other 1C options on Saginaw's roster. His game fits well for center anyway. Smart. Defensively responsible. Equally good finisher as he is a distributor. May not be a super star 1C at the NHL level but has a good chance to be a very good 2C.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Why did Misa fall off everyone's 1OA last year? His 2nd year was strong. Not great but still very good.

I get that he's not a center but at 6'1", with skill, that's pretty darn good.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Why did Misa fall off everyone's 1OA last year? His 2nd year was strong. Not great but still very good.

I get that he's not a center but at 6'1", with skill, that's pretty darn good.
He was hurt for a decent portion of the year last season. Still produced well under the circumstances. He is 100% a center. First season they eased him in, so he played wing. Last year we had Beck and Sapovaliv as the 1/2 centers. Literally the leagues 2 best 2 way C's. Hay was 3 C for faceoffs and his defense. So again mainly played wing but got some games at C. This year he is the undisputed 1C on the team.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I
He was hurt for a decent portion of the year last season. Still produced well under the circumstances. He is 100% a center. First season they eased him in, so he played wing. Last year we had Beck and Sapovaliv as the 1/2 centers. Literally the leagues 2 best 2 way C's. Hay was 3 C for faceoffs and his defense. So again mainly played wing but got some games at C. This year he is the undisputed 1C on the team.
If he's a center and he continues like this, there's no reason he can't be in the running for 1OA.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Sagniaw seems to be a low talent team besides a few guys (Parekh last year)

Misa can still be a top 3 or 4 pick if he has a great draft year.

Lots of talent, and if he plays as a C than his potential will be higher for teams at draft night.

He wont be a Bedard/McKenna type prospect but can still be a Shane Wright/Nolan Patrick type prospect which is a serious high end prospect with a great ceiling

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We just heard so much about Misa years ago. He was in the same discussion as Celebrini and McKenna and then he seemed to disappear. Maybe he'll find himself back in the conversation.
Extremely mature and disciplined last season played as @Kingpin794 has stated banged up. Sure would like to see him take a run at Celebrini he has all the tools.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sure would like to see him take a run at Celebrini he has all the tools.
^^ ??? You lost me. ^^

As a Canadians, I'd love to see him overtake Hagens for 1OA.

Sagniaw seems to be a low talent team besides a few guys (Parekh last year)

Misa can still be a top 3 or 4 pick if he has a great draft year.

Lots of talent, and if he plays as a C than his potential will be higher for teams at draft night.

He wont be a Bedard/McKenna type prospect but can still be a Shane Wright/Nolan Patrick type prospect which is a serious high end prospect with a great ceiling
Nolan Patrick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad