F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Radio silence which probably Isn’t a good thing.
Maybe, but even a third grade MLC tear shouldn't keep him out more than two months? Especially at his age it shouldn't create any long lasting problems. Just sucks he misses out on the OHL underage record, which was well within reach.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
My mind is still blown he is 2025 draft eligible.

Reactions: Dominance

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Been 3 weeks since the injury, any updates? I would have thought surgery, but haven’t heard anything about that.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Been 3 weeks since the injury, any updates? I would have thought surgery, but haven’t heard anything about that.

Theres a Saginaw fan facebook page where people were talking about this yesterday. Apparently hes week to week. No idea where that came from but gives me a no surgery vibe. No need to rush him back

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Theres a Saginaw fan facebook page where people were talking about this yesterday. Apparently hes week to week. No idea where that came from but gives me a no surgery vibe. No need to rush him back
Nice, that’s a pretty best case scenario! I figured he’d need surgery and be done for the season.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Hopefully he reached out to McD's camp for rehab advice. He's so young, if he can avoid surgery, he might not have any lasting effects. I'm sure he has great doctors and people around him to get him back to 100%.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Comes from an interview he did a while ago. Misa says himself he's week to week. So shouldn't be anything too serious then. Some lower grade MLC tear perhaps?

Edit:

"
“What happened?” I ask.

“Lower leg injury,” he says.

He sounds like a grizzled vet. Handled that perfectly. Didn’t reveal anything.

“I’m week to week.”"

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Officially finished the season as the OHLs leading rookie scorer despite playing 16 games less and being over a year younger than 2nd place in the scoring race. 56 points in 45 gamed.
For whatever it's worth, PPG rank in their OHL rookie years;

Shane Wright 1.14, good for a tied 43th
John Tavares 1.18 37th
Connor McDavid 1,05 tied 36th
Michael Misa 1.24 tied at 22nd

So a pretty historical season by Misa, which was interrupted by the injury at the end.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
hopefully Jimmy Hagens plays in the OHL for his gap year so we can see him and Misa battle head to head a couple times

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Benak is better.
Well obviously I was mistaken and your argument is so persuasive that I changes my mind......well no not really as my comment said nothing about any other players just Misa.

I'll repeat that the hype train for Misa and frankly Hagens will blow up next year and maybe others will emerge as the 25 draft is still over 2 years away but those 2 are the front runners right now.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Well obviously I was mistaken and your argument is so persuasive that I changes my mind......well no not really as my comment said nothing about any other players just Misa.

I'll repeat that the hype train for Misa and frankly Hagens will blow up next year and maybe others will emerge as the 25 draft is still over 2 years away but those 2 are the front runners right now

Memorial Cup next season in Saginaw is going to have the Misa hype in overdrive. Especially with the team Saginaw is going to put around him. Hes going to put up an INSANE point total next year

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
From everything I've seen he's definitely got everything you would want/expect from a player who could be a #1C in the future- skating, hockey IQ, good finishing and his offensive instincts are excellent, his shot is very good for his age, and he could end up being 6'1-6'2.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Better than Misa ? I don't think so.

Benak is a skilful player with a small frame. Misa plays in a much stronger league and produces more. He has the profile of a draft No. 1; Benak I hardly see him top 10. James Hagens is the closest to Misa currently.
Benak is actually growing EP did not update his height. The way he is playing center is insane for his age. He is great 2 way player, he has fantastic hands is fantastic skater and playmaker, he is elecrifying. He is also dominating players who are 5 years older. I would even dare to say he is MacKinnon tier prospect.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad