F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spfan

May 4, 2009
From everything I've seen he's definitely got everything you would want/expect from a player who could be a #1C in the future- skating, hockey IQ, good finishing and his offensive instincts are excellent, his shot is very good for his age, and he could end up being 6'1-6'2.
He's playing LW now.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Benak is actually growing EP did not update his height. The way he is playing center is insane for his age. He is great 2 way player, he has fantastic hands is fantastic skater and playmaker, he is elecrifying. He is also dominating players who are 5 years older. He is like MacKinnon with defensive game of Bergeron.

Benak and Misa play in the same age category with the same stats. Only OHL is significantly better than U20 Czechia. NHL defensive play is growing in the NHL.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Benak and Misa play in the same age category with the same stats. Only OHL is significantly better than U20 Czechia. NHL defensive play is growing in the NHL.
I agree with OHL being significantly better than u20 czechia, difference is that Benak will be playing in the next 3 year for HC Pilsen in gritty, defensively minded Extraliga one of the euro top leagues in the next 3 years. Then he will totally smash AHL after draft if he is by any miracle not making it to NHL from the camp.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I agree with OHL being significantly better than u20 czechia, difference is that Benak will be playing in the next 3 year for HC Pilsen in gritty, defensively minded Extraliga one of the euro top leagues in the next 3 years, totally smashing AHL after his draft if he is by any miracle not making it in the camp.

I would love Benak to be a great player. I would love for Czechia and Slovakia to approach Sweden and Finland. I want this. But I took slaps with Petr and Jecho so be careful. Satisfaction came from players I didn't expect (Kulich, Sale).

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I would love Benak to be a great player. I would love for Czechia and Slovakia to approach Sweden and Finland. I want this. But I took slaps with Petr and Jecho so be careful. Satisfaction came from players I didn't expect (Kulich, Sale).
Lol Kulich and Šalé are going to be good players, but compared to Benák they are nobodies(edit: not exactly). It is like comparing Max Pacioretty to Patrick Kane.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Lol Kulich and Šalé are going to be good players, but compared to Benák they are nobodies(edit: not exactly). It is like comparing Max Pacioretty to Patrick Kane.
At Benak's current age, Petr was better than Sale. 2 years later, Sale is expected top 15, Petr is expected undrafted.

Kulich has had a huge rise after 17 years.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Benak is actually growing EP did not update his height. The way he is playing center is insane for his age. He is great 2 way player, he has fantastic hands is fantastic skater and playmaker, he is elecrifying. He is also dominating players who are 5 years older. I would even dare to say he is MacKinnon tier prospect.

To be fair Misa was also 15 playing over a ppg in a better league with players 5 years older than he is too. He put up higher ppg numbers in his 15 year old season than McDavid did. Now not going to claim that Misa is at McDavids level as a prospect, a better all around version of Mitch Marner who can play C isnt out of the question which would have most NHL teams drooling

Yall are crazy

Dec 11, 2022
To be fair Misa was also 15 playing over a ppg in a better league with players 5 years older than he is too. He put up higher ppg numbers in his 15 year old season than McDavid did. Now not going to claim that Misa is at McDavids level as a prospect, a better all around version of Mitch Marner who can play C isnt out of the question which would have most NHL teams drooling
Better than London knights won every award and memorial cup champion in 2016? That's some high praise I gotta watch

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Well obviously I was mistaken and your argument is so persuasive that I changes my mind......well no not really as my comment said nothing about any other players just Misa.

I'll repeat that the hype train for Misa and frankly Hagens will blow up next year and maybe others will emerge as the 25 draft is still over 2 years away but those 2 are the front runners right now.

I actually think Misa is somewhat underrated considering his skill and age. It's only going to grow and he's going to come to the forefront once the Bedard saga is done.

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
I don‘t watch OHL hockey but I am curious to learn more about Misa.

What are his main strenghts and weakness?

I often hear the Marner comparison but is this legit?

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I actually think Misa is somewhat underrated considering his skill and age. It's only going to grow and he's going to come to the forefront once the Bedard saga is done.
I think so too. The Bedard hype train was not very strong at age 15-16. His thread here on HF boards was a lot like Misa's now, in other words somewhat forgotten. People were saying Matthew Savoie was a better prospect, and their numbers were very similar before their WHL careers.

I find it hard to assess guys that young. Misa is most often the best player on the ice in all the games I've seen (not too many). That in itself is a good sign, but the fact that he's 15 and is beating McDavid and Tavares in not only ppg, but ppg in relation to the others in the league is pretty remarkable.

I guess it all depends on what happens next. Perhaps he's just super mature for his age, but even then I'd bet at worst he's a candidate for #1 in the draft. But it's not impossible he's at Bedard's level. It's just too early to tell.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think so too. The Bedard hype train was not very strong at age 15-16. His thread here on HF boards was a lot like Misa's now, in other words somewhat forgotten. People were saying Matthew Savoie was a better prospect, and their numbers were very similar before their WHL careers.

I find it hard to assess guys that young. Misa is most often the best player on the ice in all the games I've seen (not too many). That in itself is a good sign, but the fact that he's 15 and is beating McDavid and Tavares in not only ppg, but ppg in relation to the others in the league is pretty remarkable.

I guess it all depends on what happens next. Perhaps he's just super mature for his age, but even then I'd bet at worst he's a candidate for #1 in the draft. But it's not impossible he's at Bedard's level. It's just too early to tell.

When I saw Bedard at 13-14, it was glaringly obvious he was going to be one of the best shooters we've seen.

I wouldn't use HF as the hype train, most people just don't get a chance to see a player that young.

I don't think the buzz among executives, scouts, on Misa is going to be as high as it was for Bedard..

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England

Based on limited viewings he has a thorough game but it just doesn’t « pop » at me in the same way bedard’s game does

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
When I saw Bedard at 13-14, it was glaringly obvious he was going to be one of the best shooters we've seen.

I wouldn't use HF as the hype train, most people just don't get a chance to see a player that young.

I don't think the buzz among executives, scouts, on Misa is going to be as high as it was for Bedard..
Fair enough. I was unable to see a single Bedard game until he was a good bit older. Time will tell.
Based on limited viewings he has a thorough game but it just doesn’t « pop » at me in the same way bedard’s game does
But in a way there's a quality in the ability to produce without being super fast and flashy. I think McDavid has put speed in the limelight, and people are looking for prospects that play in a similar style. To me Misa's strength is that he seems pretty good at everything. Great vision, pretty fast, nifty stickhandling, seems to shoot well. No way he looks 15 out there. Hopefully he's moved to center next season.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Fair enough. I was unable to see a single Bedard game until he was a good bit older. Time will tell.

But in a way there's a quality in the ability to produce without being super fast and flashy. I think McDavid has put speed in the limelight, and people are looking for prospects that play in a similar style. To me Misa's strength is that he seems pretty good at everything. Great vision, pretty fast, nifty stickhandling, seems to shoot well. No way he looks 15 out there. Hopefully he's moved to the center next season.
It’ll be interesting if they do move him to C next year. They’ve been running the same top 6 for most of the second half. They can all come back next year too. They could keep it the same or slip him to center, bring in someone on wing and push someone to 3rd line. Probably will see option 2 if I had to guess. He’d be great at center. Has the aforementioned vision and skating.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He had a sick goal today showing his hands in tight and a very good overall game. Very dangerous every time he touched the puck, and he’s playing against players a year older. He’s primed for a big season. His hands, speed, processing, and passing are all elite.

Will definitely contend for the top few spots in the 2025 draft, but it looks like he’ll have a lot of competition.

Reactions: Dominance

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
He had a sick goal today showing his hands in tight and a very good overall game. Very dangerous every time he touched the puck, and he’s playing against players a year older. He’s primed for a big season. His hands, speed, processing, and passing are all elite.

Will definitely contend for the top few spots in the 2025 draft, but it looks like he’ll have a lot of competition.
Link?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

100% agree that people who regularly see these guys in person have some insider knowledge and a lot of hfboards shots on them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad