F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I remember walking a few years ago after a dead and co. Concert at wrigley with a buddy and nearly getting jumped chased after by a large group hanging out off the lake trying to start shit. To me it seems like the gentrification which has these gangs fighting one another over territory has spilled out to really yuppy areas farther out where that conflict is not familiar or present...Feels like gotham in a batman movie.
Wrigley is also right off the Red Line so unsavory characters might start hanging out there late at night. I consider it very safe during the day.

Reactions: Malaka

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
And just like that, he has more points than Eiserman on a much worse team.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Feel like its been a while since we had a true 2 horse race for #1 overall. Last year was sort of a crapshoot between a few guys, before that Nico vs Nolan had some steam, before that the last one was probably Seguin vs Hall

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s so good. He’s got everything you want out of a franchise superstar center prospect.

I think he goes #2 this year behind Bedard - and that’s not a diss on Fantilli/Michkov/Carlsson.

The top of the 24 draft may be as good as this year. And better defensemen crop with Kiviharju, Levshunov, Jiricek etc.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Feel like its been a while since we had a true 2 horse race for #1 overall. Last year was sort of a crapshoot between a few guys, before that Nico vs Nolan had some steam, before that the last one was probably Seguin vs Hall
MacKinnon vs Jones was heated and flip flopped several times.

Some people also tried to make a Matthews vs Laine a race and Hughes vs Kakko a race.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He’s so good. He’s got everything you want out of a franchise superstar center prospect.

I think he goes #2 this year behind Bedard - and that’s not a diss on Fantilli/Michkov/Carlsson.

The top of the 24 draft may be as good as this year. And better defensemen crop with Kiviharju, Levshunov, Jiricek etc.

Michkov was younger than Celebrini, the tournament was tougher, and Matvei scored 12 goals in 7 games while Celibrini has 3 goals in 5 games...

Reactions: Lavar Ball

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Michkov was younger than Celebrini, the tournament was tougher, and Matvei scored 12 goals in 7 games while Celibrini has 3 goals in 5 games...
I didn't say he was better or more talented, I said I think there's a real shot he'd be drafted only behind Bedard. On a pure talent and accomplishment level, Michkov would be closer to Bedard than to the rest of the pack but of course there are other factors at play in drafting.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
MacKinnon vs Jones was heated and flip flopped several times.

Some people also tried to make a Matthews vs Laine a race and Hughes vs Kakko a race.
Thats why I said a true 2 horse race. The ones you mentioned were just created by the media. Mackinnon Matthews and Hughes were all always going 1

Reactions: Dominance

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Thats why I said a true 2 horse race. The ones you mentioned were just created by the media. Mackinnon Matthews and Hughes were all always going 1
I agree for Matthews and Hughes.

MacKinnon vs Jones was definitely a heated debate, especially after the WJC when MacKinnon barely played and Jones was a force in winning a Gold Medal.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
When people say Celebrini is good at everything do they mean that in a Shane Wright kind of way? Or a Nico Hischier kind of way? Or a John Tavares kind of way?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
When people say Celebrini is good at everything do they mean that in a Shane Wright kind of way? Or a Nico Hischier kind of way? Or a John Tavares kind of way?
I think he’s closer to guys like MacKinnon or Seguin than he is to Wright or Hischier. Tavares is pretty different, at the same age he had some of the best goal scoring instincts ever, amazing hands around the net, but skating was always an issue. Skating is a big strength for Celebrini.

Celebrini might not have a single insane-level standout skill (like McDavid’s speed, Stammer’s one-timer, Matthews wrister, Crosby’s puck protection, etc.), but he’s got high end skill in basically all areas. He’s also a very dynamic offensive force - elusive, creative, regularly generates offence out of nothing.

It’s still very early, but so far he’s looking like a “quality 1OA” level prospect - not generational, but really good. Same with Eiserman. They aren’t McDavid/Eichel, but I think they might be better than Taylor/Tyler.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad