F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think he and Eiserman are neck and neck. Demidov is the X-Factor because barely anyone has seen him so how he does against adult competition will go a long way.
It's clearly a top 3 right now with these guys and I really have no idea who will emerge as all 3 have very strong points as prospects.

Reactions: WarriorofTime

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think he and Eiserman are neck and neck. Demidov is the X-Factor because barely anyone has seen him so how he does against adult competition will go a long way.
as someone who has seen a good amount of all these kids, Demidov is right there with them in terms of talent - probably even be the best. But because of his passport, he probably won’t be selected there on draft day.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Only Toews gets overrated while never being a top 10 forward in the NHL.

Also stop acting like he said Toews is underselling. It’s underselling his finesse.
That’s a revisionist take. That was never looked at as the case at the time. He was one of the best defensive forwards in his prime and is a 3 time Stanley Cup Champion.

He was one of the best playoff and big game performers of his era even winning Best Olympic Forward and the Conn Smyth.

Saying he wasn’t a top 10 player at any point in his career is just wrong.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
That’s a revisionist take. That was never looked at as the case at the time. He was one of the best defensive forwards in his prime and is a 3 time Stanley Cup Champion.

He was one of the best playoff and big game performers of his era even winning Best Olympic Forward and the Conn Smyth.

Saying he wasn’t a top 10 player at any point in his career is just wrong.

Give me a year and I bet I could find 10 I would take before him.

edit: I meant to say 10 player not forward, but I think its probably still close. GIve me a year and lets see if I can come up with 10.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Give me a year and I bet I could find 10 I would take before him.

edit: I meant to say 10 player not forward, but I think its probably still close. GIve me a year and lets see if I can come up with 10.

From 2009 to 2014, Toews was worth 18.1 wins. Only Crosby was worth more at 18.9. In those five years, Toews averaged 4.4 wins per 82 games. Again, only Crosby was better at 6.0 wins per 82 games. His game fell off a cliff. He got every Canadian cliche label you have ever heard. He was probably annoying to hear about. But he definitely was a top 10 forward during multiple seasons.

1683210279163.png

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

From 2009 to 2014, Toews was worth 18.1 wins. Only Crosby was worth more at 18.9. In those five years, Toews averaged 4.4 wins per 82 games. Again, only Crosby was better at 6.0 wins per 82 games.
Ovi
Crosby
Stamkos
MSL
Kane
Getzlaf

Thats all I got.

Anyways, my point remains though.
He never said Toews was not good. He just said he has more finesse in his game then a Toews comp.

Toews is overated. I stand by that. He is a hall of famer and an amazing player, but "captain intangibles" was hyped to the level of Crosby when he was at his best and he isn't to that level.

This isn't baseball lol. WAR means nothing in hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: rsteen and TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Ovi
Crosby
Stamkos
MSL
Kane
Getzlaf

Thats all I got.

Anyways, my point remains though.
He never said Toews was not good. He just said he has more finesse in his game then a Toews comp.

Toews is overated. I stand by that. He is a hall of famer and an amazing player, but "captain intangibles" was hyped to the level of Crosby when he was at his best and he isn't to that level.
*types in 2013 nhl stats*

1683211124110.png

*throws in best player from favorite team*

thats all you got?

Anyway.. Celebrini?

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
*types in 2013 nhl stats*

View attachment 702776

*throws in best player from favorite team*

thats all you got?

Anyway.. Celebrini?

Are you saying I shouldn't look at points or that I should have everyone's stats memorized from decade ago? By your logic shouldn't I have included everyone with more points above Toews (like 10 more guys)?

Honest question, do you disagree with anyone I said, or are you just deflecting?

• Haha
Reactions: TLEH

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Pretty crazy to think you could get Bedard #1 this year and Celebrini #1 next year. Vancouver is kicking some ass lately.

What type of prospect is Celebrini?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad