F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He'll need to prove that he can play at that level with some consistency, in the Finnish league he still has less than stellar 1+3=4 points in 21 games (CHL 0+1=1 in 4 games).

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
After his first WJC 2021 I posted: "Scored no points. Started strong, later on the main challenge for him was the high tempo and endurance."

He made a huge progress in last 14 months. Slafkovsky is legit.

Reactions: Nowotny

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
It is always so mystifying to me how these juniors can be merely ok in league play and then do much better in a stronger tournament

Reactions: majormajor

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

I doubt it. Slafkovsky needs to bring that offense into Liiga and then to the WC tournament and even if he does so it still might not be enough. Wright hasn't had the best draft season, but he's still a skilled, decently sized Canadian center who was granted the exceptional player status and who lead U18 to gold last year as the captain. The team that gets the first pick will have a really tough time passing that kind of player to pick someone else.

Reactions: hellwar9

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I doubt it. Slafkovsky needs to bring that offense into Liiga and then to the WC tournament and even if he does so it still might not be enough. Wright hasn't had the best draft season, but he's still a skilled, decently sized Canadian center who was granted the exceptional player status and who lead U18 to gold last year as the captain. The team that gets the first pick will have a really tough time passing that kind of player to pick someone else.
And Wright also is a centerman, and his faceoff stats are pretty good for a youngster. He absolutely holds 1st overall, but Slaf at best can challenge Cooley and Nemec and maybe even Kemell for 2nd overall. For a Slovakian, that is incredible to think about.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It is always so mystifying to me how these juniors can be merely ok in league play and then do much better in a stronger tournament

He might just be getting better and figuring it out before our eyes, as young stars tend to do. It's not how good he is now, it's his trajectory that teams focus on.

If his numbers skyrickot in the second half of the season...well that would be a huge difference between him and Kakko. The RATE of improvement is what matters most.

Reactions: bert

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
He might just be getting better and figuring it out before our eyes, as young stars tend to do. It's not how good he is now, it's his trajectory that teams focus on.

If his numbers skyrickot in the second half of the season...well that would be a huge difference between him and Kakko. The RATE of improvement is what matters most.
If Juraj keeps improving, I wanna see that. The motivation is what matters a ton for any prospect also. Does he want to keep going, or is he fine being where he's at?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
He was easily the best player on the ice against Finland, hopefully this continues in Liiga, TPS will surely give him better minutes now.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Maybe he's the one who leads us TPS back to the hunt for championship after we fell off almost like Oilers after December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad