F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
upload_2021-5-26_12-23-3.jpeg

Jalasvaara

Jun 30, 2018
I guess he signed a professional contract with the team. Previous deal was until 2022 and the new one is ending at 2023.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Pretty cool, as a 13 year old Juraj Slafkovsky is almost a PPG player in a U18(!) league. The Slovakian junior leagues aren't to write home about but I find it very interesting that a 13 year old is playing against teenages/adults.

So far in 16 games he has 9 goals and 5 assists, totaling to 14 points. Who knows if he gets drafted someday.

Juraj Slafkovsky

I love going back all these years and seeing how they pan out. Juraj could be a top 10 pick next year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He lists him lower than most do. Thinks his skating needs work. Isn’t sure he’ll stick at center. He says scouts he ran his list by didn’t push back on it much.

I'm looking forward to seeing him back in the WHL this year and hopefully 1005 free from any lingering results from that massive hit he took.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
From Corey Pronman’s The Athletic Article on the HGC:

“Slafkovsky was a standout in the tournament and a big reason for Slovakia’s success, albeit not the only reason. He’s easy to spot on the ice as a 6 foot 4 forward who skates well for a big man, has great puck skills, can make plays, possesses a hard shot and doesn’t shy away from physical play. In the aforementioned 2022 grouping after Wright, Slafkovsky, is for sure a candidate with some NHL scouts suggesting to me that he could be in the mix to be the second or third player picked next summer.”

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
From Corey Pronman’s The Athletic Article on the HGC:

“Slafkovsky was a standout in the tournament and a big reason for Slovakia’s success, albeit not the only reason. He’s easy to spot on the ice as a 6 foot 4 forward who skates well for a big man, has great puck skills, can make plays, possesses a hard shot and doesn’t shy away from physical play. In the aforementioned 2022 grouping after Wright, Slafkovsky, is for sure a candidate with some NHL scouts suggesting to me that he could be in the mix to be the second or third player picked next summer.”

Nice, but im still more on Nemec. And on the last Hlinka i liked Mesar more than Slafkovsky.

Reactions: hellwar9 and kudla

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Can’t wait to see what he can do this year, especially with how the men’s team will help his development. He was already really good at WJC at 16, at 17 he could (probably will) be a dominant force.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Can’t wait to see what he can do this year, especially with how the men’s team will help his development. He was already really good at WJC at 16, at 17 he could (probably will) be a dominant force.

I think dominate is a big word, how many 17 year olds ever really dominate this tournament?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Who would you compare him to playing-style wise?

Anthony Mantha comes to mind for me. A big winger who can skate and has soft hands. And similar to Mantha, a modern type of power forward who can protect the puck using his body and who's strong along the boards and around the net, but who doesn't nessecarely play all that physical.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad