F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I'd say he's the player you are looking for then, he is quite dynamic and can even play physically with grit.

Thank you I don’t think we will will the draft lottery but he should hopefully be a realistic target for us. We are trying to build a team thats a pain the rear to play against and a playoff team that would make any playoff series seem like a war.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How is his defensive game? Does he compete? Is he more a pure scorer or a well rounded guy and what's his character like?

Curious to ask these questions as the Sens are very very sensitive to this and want players who can compete every night.

I don’t think he’s a big liability in this area, but I wouldn’t expect more than average impact in this area. His game is offense.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
He has nice skating but seems to lack top end speed. Kemmel with another gear would be a nightmare.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Surprisingly small role vs Germany, no PP1 duties, ice time was just over 12 minutes.
- can't do much with those minutes :(

That's part of Team Finland coaching system thou, always dividing the ice to all 4 lines
- i looked at the Canada game statistics, their top 6 guys and best players played the most minutes,
where as couple of our 3rd, 4th liners got about 15 minutes of ice time.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Kemell returned to action last week and played his 3rd game since the WJC yesterday. He's looked decent so far and the points should start coming soon.

Pretty clear he wasn't close to 100% when he returned before the WJC's but looks like he should be back to normal now.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
well he had a shoulder injury, so that does explain a ton as to why he hasn't been scoring as much. still going to end up as a top 5 pick

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Last 10 games he got 0 goals and 0 assists. He is a completely different player compared to when he started this season... He is dropping on my list, got him around 9-10 now....

Has his skillset changed that much?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Last 10 games he got 0 goals and 0 assists. He is a completely different player compared to when he started this season... He is dropping on my list, got him around 9-10 now....
How has he played besides the weak scoring? You probably watch a lot of him so can you tell?

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He had stars align for him for that hot stretch, it happen's, he didn't really create any of the scoring himself he just happened to finish alot of the chances at that time, i said this all along.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He had stars align for him for that hot stretch, it happen's, he didn't really create any of the scoring himself he just happened to finish alot of the chances at that time, i said this all along.
Yes he did. Almost all of it was him and no one else. He's playing with two grinders who've zero playmaking ability. Why do you lie? Or are you really this ignorant?

I did think that it was really impressive for him to score that much on a team that bad & with linemates that bad, but him getting injured and not being able to score afterwards could, you know, be related ;)

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Yes he did. Almost all of it was him and no one else. He's playing with two grinders who've zero playmaking ability. Why do you lie? Or are you really this ignorant?
Let's agree to disagree, he was good at putting the puck in the net.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016

He has been playing with very little confidence since his injury. Offensively, he isnt scoring and like many goalscorers, when you cant score, you start doubting, but he still does some good things on the ice, kid is gritty, physical, will crush some guys here and there, the skills level with the puck are still there, its only a matter of finding the back of the net and regain confidence. Kid is too skilled to not eventually bounce back.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Depends on how much of it you think is temporary due to the injury.
Terrible assessment, and very incorrect. He specifically had to do everything on his own. His linemates were atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad