F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Were not ignoring it. Were saying there's sufficient evidence to believe demidov is the superior player.

Points per 60 is the more telling metric and demidovs d+1 KHL season (this year) is at approximately 4.6 to michkovs D+1 3.04.

Again this is a very simple statement were making. Its this: declaring theres a debate to be had over who the better player is, is sensible sentiment. Declaring demidov fans idiots for believing he's ahead given both the empirical data and eye test is simply a coping mechanism.

I personally believe given everything I've seen so far in both careers that demidov is a little bit better. That's all.
Someone posted that Kaprizov had the best U 20 season ever by ppg in the KHL . My post was illuminating that Michkov was the one who actually had the highest ppg at .87 ( vs Kap and .86 ) . So that poster and notion are factually incorrect.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Because the OP compared two 18 years old who played in the same league in their D+1 and has a similar talent level.

But again, this is irrelevant. What’s relevant is how you decided Michkov was a victim and slandered because one fan said he liked Demidov better as if this was an outrageous take.

Grow up.
I didn’t say the take was outrageous at all . That was a different poster . But plz go on ?

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
again I said points record not ppg record.
So Kaprizov got 1 more pt in 2 more games . Got it . Seems that ppg was being thrown around, points per 60 etc ; I think both clubs would be ecstatic if Kaprizov esque player were to be the result . And again I cheer for neither squad .

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
that video in your quote is from the previous game, in today's game it was a very short shift and then they scored, I may have missed a few seconds cause I was caught by surprise that they put Demidov on a different line.

you can see them at the 3:26 mark though it's really short.

Maybe a stupid question, is DeAngelo, Tony DeAngelo or someone else?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
On his team he is tied for 3rd in points and is 24th in ice time per game.
wow - that's bad. I hope Demidov holds his ground and refuses to extend so he can play NHL next season.

I'm a big Demidov fan and wanted the Hawks to draft him at #2 instead of Levshunov. We'll see whether or not that turns out to be the right decision. Speaking of Levshunov - he just got cleared to play after recovering from a fracture in his foot so he should play his first pro (AHL) game Saturday.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I mean if we're going to be sticklers about weird things then I should point out that Michkov played 48 games and was actually at a 0.854 PPG pace
Factually correct .

Yeah not really sure what that has to do with what I said. I had Michkov 2nd overall in his draft year and see no reason to change that now.

Just pointing something out since that's what that poster was doing.
Yup forgot about the 1 SKA game . My mistake

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
All good.

As far as the comparison goes, I flip flopped between them a lot. I think right now despite Michkov performing well I'd take Demidov, but maybe that's just Habs bias.

Both would have been more fun lol
Both would be the envy of the league from a prospect perspective; what might’ve been . But maybe Reinbacher has a strong rebound season after 2 near nightmare ones ( team wise year 1 and major injury details year 2) .

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I dont know why people keep comparing Demidov to Michkov, I personally like both and the habs had the opportunity to have both.

In hindsight, Michkov should have gone first in 2023 and in my honest opinion i think Demidov as well. They're both really great prospects.

Its the NHL's fault for gaslighting us with Bedard and making us forget what we know.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Btw Demidov had very good but not great stats in U16 leagues (or maybe great, but not phenomenal), worse than Svechnikov let alone Michkov. And then he improved his game drastically. I'm pretty sure now he's going to be the better player than Svechnikov, who I'd say is kinda disappointing.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Btw Demidov had very good but not great stats in U16 leagues, worse than Svechnikov let alone Michkov. And then he improved his game drastically. I'm pretty sure now he's going to be the better player than Svechnikov, who I'd say is kinda disappointing.
Agree, I was never high on Svechnikov, feel like he physically peaked and then ran into men. But still a successful NHL player but def a disappointment, with you there

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
This is sick. He’s head and shoulder above everyone in this league… at 18!!

7ad2564f-69be-43f1-b2f0-ca61c39b6389_text.gif

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Please, I implore everyone to stop talking about Michkov. It’s not a good look for anyone. It tars what should be an overwhelming positive discourse in this thread. Why does everyone have to fight? Talk about the actual subject.

Ivan Demidova is a total stud. He’s going to be Kaprizov+. I have no doubt about it. With Lane, Demidov, Slaf, and I’m telling you Jacob Fowler is quietly elite and will be a top 10 goalie in the league, things are looking bright in Montreal.

Speaking of anti-Montreal bias, my pro Habs threads are getting moved into a discussion about the Red Wings :madfire:. Habs future is so promising, even though they absolutely suck right now. Good chance to add a top 5 pick, while we’re on that topic.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Please, I implore everyone to stop talking about Michkov. It’s not a good look for anyone. It tars what should be an overwhelming positive discourse in this thread. Why does everyone have to fight? Talk about the actual subject.

Ivan Demidova is a total stud. He’s going to be Kaprizov+. I have no doubt about it. With Lane, Demidov, Slaf, and I’m telling you Jacob Fowler is quietly elite and will be a top 10 goalie in the league, things are looking bright in Montreal.

Speaking of anti-Montreal bias, my pro Habs threads are getting moved into a discussion about the Red Wings :madfire:. Habs future is so promising, even though they absolutely suck right now. Good chance to add a top 5 pick, while we’re on that topic.

Thank you!

Your comment is perfect!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad