F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah I think if there's one thing I can be sure about it's that you are entirely wrong about what you're saying.

It’s okay to be wrong, no worries.

they are definitely not in absolute different tiers in offensive talent. Have you watched a full demidov game lately? He is awesome. I think he is more offensively talented than celebrini.

Regarding Michkov comparison....

This is gonna be Malkin/Ovechkin all over again. Both players have 100 pt NHL potential.

So it's a matter of preference.

Michkov is high iq, positionally sound, plays grittier, better natural scorer.
Demidov better stickhandler, wizard passer, flash and style through the roof.

I still wish Briere succeeded in trading for the 4th pick last draft, so both Demidov/Michkov are in Philly.

But these guys are both potential superstars and it remains to be seen who will have the better NHL career. I suspect it will be like Ovi/Malkin....strawberry or chocolate? Paul or John?

I completely disagree, I’ve watched an absolute shit ton of Demidov he’s one of my fav prospects in recent memory, but he’s not on the same level as Michkov. Assuming Celebrini doesn’t have hip issues and bounces back I take Celebrini 10/10 over Demidov (as a prospect) irregardless of position. Could Demidov eclipse him after he becomes an NHLer? Sure. He’s not in Michkovs class now though, never was.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It’s okay to be wrong, no worries.

I completely disagree, I’ve watched an absolute shit ton of Demidov he’s one of my fav prospects in recent memory, but he’s not on the same level as Michkov. Assuming Celebrini doesn’t have hip issues and bounces back I take Celebrini 10/10 over Demidov (as a prospect) irregardless of position. Could Demidov eclipse him after he becomes an NHLer? Sure. He’s not in Michkovs class now though, never was.
Lol come on now.

Celebrini is obviously ahead of both of them, but the only class Demidov isn't in with Michkov is draft class. He's putting up the highest p/60 in the KHL right now, and would be producing a lot more if given powerplay minutes.

He's also worlds ahead of Michkov defensively. I'm obviously not here to tear Michkov down as I think they're roughly equal in terms of ability and projected impact but to act like Michkov is a tier above Demidov is insane.

Reactions: Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
Lol come on now.

Celebrini is obviously ahead of both of them, but the only class Demidov isn't in with Michkov is draft class. He's putting up the highest p/60 in the KHL right now, and would be producing a lot more if given powerplay minutes.

He's also worlds ahead of Michkov defensively. I'm obviously not here to tear Michkov down as I think they're roughly equal in terms of ability and projected impact but to act like Michkov is a tier above Demidov is insane.
They're trying cope with this realization. Were in the demidov thread lol

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Lol come on now.

I stopped here we have no reason to communicate lmao. You need to evaluate hockey better.

Reactions: NatusVincere

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I stopped here we have no reason to communicate lmao. You need to evaluate hockey better.
"That future number one center who will be over PPG and excellent defensively has nothing on this all offense winger who might produce slightly more than him in his prime" is a take frequently put out by those that do a great job at evaluating hockey.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I have stopped as soon as I seen that people actually think that Demidov has an Hockey IQ equivalent to Michkov. No point in proceeding further
This guy gets it. I’d like this post but I got reported too much by a certain fan base that can’t handle the heat.

"That future number one center who will be over PPG and excellent defensively has nothing on this all offense winger who might produce slightly more than him in his prime" is a take frequently put out by those that do a great job at evaluating hockey.
“Might”, change that to “Will” and Demidov is not good defensively and he sure as shit won’t be a center, god I wish you could see how insane this is from an outside perspective 🤣🤣🤣. You can’t speak something into existence just because you think it’s true when it’s not. Here’s what is factual and will remain factual as far as hockey goes Michkov is superior if they both stay completely healthy, there’s literally not 1 smidgen of evidence that says otherwise stat or eye test.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Agree a first line level talent, I think he even has a chance to hit 110 area if he hits his real peak, dude has a high level of skill, should have went 2.
If you see Demidov as 100 and even 110 pt player and you say that he is "absolutely not at the same offensive tier as Michkov"...how many points do you expect Michkov to produce at his peak??

100-110 points is top 5 in art ross race, and that is average kucherov level production.

For the record, I dont disagree with your Demidov prediction, but pls shed some light on your Michkov expectations? Because another level above 100-110 points is Mcdavid territory.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
If you see Demidov as 100 and even 110 pt player and you say that he is "absolutely not at the same offensive tier as Michkov"...how many points do you expect Michkov to produce at his peak??

100-110 points is top 5 in art ross race, and that is average kucherov level production.

For the record, I dont disagree with your Demidov prediction, but pls shed some light on your Michkov expectations? Because another level above 100-110 points is Mcdavid territory.
I fully expect Michkov to be 130+ in his peak he will be on the exact same level as Kucherov, it’s obvious and clear for me. He has a Crosby Kucherov hybrid game, I would be utterly shocked if he doesn’t reach his potential. He’s playing on a dog shit team on a horrid start and he’s still ppg as a teenager. He was the best player on the team the second he hit the ice, whatever “it” is he has it and he’s going to be a top 10-5 player very soon. I think Demidov is an incredible prospect and love his game but I just have Michkov a tier above, if that sends Montreal fans into overdrive that’s not my problem, I’ve watched years of both player and it’s obvious. I have absolutely nothing against Montreal tbh, the fan base deserves a 100 point talent type, not like the Flyers haven’t suffered as well, but I’m just being honest.

Last edited:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I dont know why people keep comparing Demidov to Michkov, I personally like both and the habs had the opportunity to have both.

In hindsight, Michkov should have gone first in 2023 and in my honest opinion i think Demidov as well. They're both really great prospects.

Its the NHL's fault for gaslighting us with Bedard and making us forget what we know.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
I fully expect Michkov to be 130+ in his peak he will be on the exact same level as Kucherov, it’s obvious and clear for me. He has a Crosby Kucherov hybrid game, I would be utterly shocked if he doesn’t reach his potential. He’s playing on a dog shit team on a horrid start and he’s still ppg as a teenager. He was the best player on the team the second he hit the ice, whatever “it” is he has it and he’s going to be a top 10-5 player very soon. I think Demidov is an incredible prospect and love his game but I just have Michkov a tier above, if that sends Montreal fans into overdrive that’s not my problem, I’ve watched years of both player and it’s obvious. I have absolutely nothing against Montreal tbh, the fan base deserves a 100 point talent type, not like the Flyers haven’t suffered as well, but I’m just being honest.

McDavid for the last 3 years (in the midst of his peak) has averaged 136 pts per season. So Michkov will be on the same level as McDavid production wise. Just like Kucherov.

All I can say is... I hope you're right.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
McDavid for the last 3 years (in the midst of his peak) has averaged 136 pts per season. So Michkov will be on the same level as McDavid production wise. Just like Kucherov.

All I can say is... I hope you're right.

I believe he’s on that level yes, he’s very different, you don’t have to agree with me, I’ve been watching him since he’s 15 he’s a freak. Based on everything (evidence) currently, he’s trending to be exactly that, if you have any outlying evidence to combat that, I’m more than happy to hear or read it.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
I believe he’s on that level yes, he’s very different, you don’t have to agree with me, I’ve been watching him since he’s 15 he’s a freak. Based on everything (evidence) currently, he’s trending to be exactly that, if you have any outlying evidence to combat that, I’m more than happy to hear or read it.
I don't have evidence to predict the future no and yes he has played great overall, no one can deny that. Just an eye test from watching him and taking into account his overall traits.

I just can't see a player with limited skating and size to reach MVP level heights in today's NHL. I know his hockey sense is great, exceptionally great, but his physical tools are just average to decent overall.

Shot is good, not great
skating speed average
strength is average but good for his size
stickhandling is good
skating explosiveness average

That's why I think Demidov and Michkov are in the 90-100 pt tiers equally. While Demidov might not have Michkov's iq, he has better physical traits.

Again, I hope you're right and I'm dead wrong about Michkov's ceiling.

Last edited:

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I don't have evidence to predict the future no and yes he has played great overall, no one can deny that. Just an eye test from watching him and taking into account his overall traits.

I just can't see a player with limited skating and size to reach MVP level heights in today's NHL. I know his hockey sense is great, exceptionally great, but his physical tools are just average to decent overall.

Shot is good, not great
skating speed average
strength is average but good for his size
stickhandling is good
skating explosiveness average

That's why I think Demidov and Michkov are in the 90-100 pt tiers equally. While Demidov might not have Michkov's iq, he has better physical traits.

Again, I hope you're right and I'm dead wrong about Michkov's ceiling.
Fair, I would say you’re clearly not biased and I would agree with most of what you said. Is Kucherov exceptionally fast, was Kucherov even a good hockey player at 19? At an NHL standard, hell no. The things that make Michkov great are so weird and odd, look at his first NHL goal, that’s literally what he’s being doing since he’s a kid, right place right time, his ability to read plays is almost creepy how far ahead of other humans he is, and look at his PP goal today, he didn’t rip it, he placed it exactly where it needed to be, to be a goal, he’s such a weirdly unique talented player it’s hard to compare him exactly to someone else. Where as Demidov is clearly a specimen and you see what makes him a hockey player; Michkov is oddly unique. I think your counter argument is fair though.

I dont know why people keep comparing Demidov to Michkov, I personally like both and the habs had the opportunity to have both.

In hindsight, Michkov should have gone first in 2023 and in my honest opinion i think Demidov as well. They're both really great prospects.

Its the NHL's fault for gaslighting us with Bedard and making us forget what we know.

Not even a bad take, Celebrini and Demidov is razer thin though, the center always wins; somehow lol. I’m firm on my stance on Michkov vs Demidov but it doesn’t mean I don’t think Demidov isn’t a 1OA talent.

Last edited:

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Fair, I would say you’re clearly not biased and I would agree with most of what you said. Is Kucherov exceptionally fast, was Kucherov even a good hockey player at 19? At an NHL standard, hell no. The things that make Michkov great are so weird and odd, look at his first NHL goal, that’s literally what he’s being doing since he’s a kid, right place right time, his ability to read plays is almost creepy how far ahead of other humans he is, and look at his PP goal today, he didn’t rip it, he placed it exactly where it needed to be, to be a goal, he’s such a weirdly unique talented player it’s hard to compare him exactly to someone else. Where as Demidov is clearly a specimen and you see what makes him a hockey player; Michkov is oddly unique. I think your counter argument is fair though.

Not even a bad take, Celebrini and Demidov is razer thin though, the center always wins; somehow lol.

Kucherov doesn't depend on his speed to operate, but will get out of situations using it.

If Michkov can improve his skating, he won't depend on it, but like Kucherov, will use it to escape.

If the skating improves for Michkov, then the MVP level player could emerge.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Kucherov doesn't depend on his speed to operate, but will get out of situations using it.

If Michkov can improve his skating, he won't depend on it, but like Kucherov, will use it to escape.

If the skating improves for Michkov, then the MVP level player could emerge.

True, but Michkov always and and currently just depends on his way to dissect the play. The guy landed in Philly and the first thing he wanted to get on the ice and skate, I’m sure he will improve his skating and even if he doesn’t he’ll be a 100 point type. Agree with most of what you said, who knows what he’ll be I just evaluate players like I see it, could Demidov be the best player in the NHL one day? Sure who knows, he certainly has the talent but I go by what I see and what’s most likely. I really have been a Demidov fan for years, I know I come off like a bastard sometimes, but I have to be honest and I apologize, because there are super cool Habs fans here that are fun to talk to it’s just honest opinion, nothing more or less. Habs fans have every right to be excited about Demidov, shit I’m excited to see next year in the NHL too

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Btw Demidov had very good but not great stats in U16 leagues (or maybe great, but not phenomenal), worse than Svechnikov let alone Michkov. And then he improved his game drastically. I'm pretty sure now he's going to be the better player than Svechnikov, who I'd say is kinda disappointing.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Btw Demidov had very good but not great stats in U16 leagues, worse than Svechnikov let alone Michkov. And then he improved his game drastically. I'm pretty sure now he's going to be the better player than Svechnikov, who I'd say is kinda disappointing.
Agree, I was never high on Svechnikov, feel like he physically peaked and then ran into men. But still a successful NHL player but def a disappointment, with you there

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

Not even a bad take, Celebrini and Demidov is razer thin though, the center always wins; somehow lol. I’m firm on my stance on Michkov vs Demidov but it doesn’t mean I don’t think Demidov isn’t a 1OA talent.
You look like you spend more time writing long-winded diatribes than you do watching hockey. At some point, shut the f*** up and let the players develop.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Why do people keep talking about Michkov in this thread? They're very different players. Michkov is not like Demidov. Michkov is a shooter and Demidov is a playmaker. Michkov can do things that Demidov can't do. Michkov is not as good as Demidov, let's be honest. Can we stop talking about Michkov please.

Michkov!!!!!!! I hate that guy.

Last edited:

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024
Why do people keep talking about Michkov in this thread? They're very different players. Michkov is not like Demidov. Michkov is a shooter and Demidov is a playmaker. Michkov can do things that Demidov can't do. Michkov is not as good as Demidov, let's be honest. Can we stop talking about Michkov please.

Michkov isn’t a playmaker? Very interesting take

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
7 points in 7 games as a teenager on a struggling team in the NHL.
Getting also on average nearly 20 minutes of ice time per game, extremely favorable deployment, nearly 5min of PP per game and playing with the best offensive players on that « struggling team » and still a -9 after 7 games

But that was not the point. Since Michkov is a year older, we can only compare their D+1 so far and Demidov is blowing him out of the water in every possible stats. Michkov is going to be a great player, even a star but Demidov will be better.

Because it’s the same Michkov fanboys (and Habs hater) that keeps coming back to this thread to get some attention. At this point it’s easy to understand that whatever narrative they wanted to be true about Michkov being better than Demidov is melting as fast as Demidov is racking points playing 10 minutes a night

Reactions: _vivelequebec_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad