F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah I think if there's one thing I can be sure about it's that you are entirely wrong about what you're saying.

It’s okay to be wrong, no worries.

they are definitely not in absolute different tiers in offensive talent. Have you watched a full demidov game lately? He is awesome. I think he is more offensively talented than celebrini.

Regarding Michkov comparison....

This is gonna be Malkin/Ovechkin all over again. Both players have 100 pt NHL potential.

So it's a matter of preference.

Michkov is high iq, positionally sound, plays grittier, better natural scorer.
Demidov better stickhandler, wizard passer, flash and style through the roof.

I still wish Briere succeeded in trading for the 4th pick last draft, so both Demidov/Michkov are in Philly.

But these guys are both potential superstars and it remains to be seen who will have the better NHL career. I suspect it will be like Ovi/Malkin....strawberry or chocolate? Paul or John?

I completely disagree, I’ve watched an absolute shit ton of Demidov he’s one of my fav prospects in recent memory, but he’s not on the same level as Michkov. Assuming Celebrini doesn’t have hip issues and bounces back I take Celebrini 10/10 over Demidov (as a prospect) irregardless of position. Could Demidov eclipse him after he becomes an NHLer? Sure. He’s not in Michkovs class now though, never was.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It’s okay to be wrong, no worries.

I completely disagree, I’ve watched an absolute shit ton of Demidov he’s one of my fav prospects in recent memory, but he’s not on the same level as Michkov. Assuming Celebrini doesn’t have hip issues and bounces back I take Celebrini 10/10 over Demidov (as a prospect) irregardless of position. Could Demidov eclipse him after he becomes an NHLer? Sure. He’s not in Michkovs class now though, never was.
Lol come on now.

Celebrini is obviously ahead of both of them, but the only class Demidov isn't in with Michkov is draft class. He's putting up the highest p/60 in the KHL right now, and would be producing a lot more if given powerplay minutes.

He's also worlds ahead of Michkov defensively. I'm obviously not here to tear Michkov down as I think they're roughly equal in terms of ability and projected impact but to act like Michkov is a tier above Demidov is insane.

Reactions: Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
Lol come on now.

Celebrini is obviously ahead of both of them, but the only class Demidov isn't in with Michkov is draft class. He's putting up the highest p/60 in the KHL right now, and would be producing a lot more if given powerplay minutes.

He's also worlds ahead of Michkov defensively. I'm obviously not here to tear Michkov down as I think they're roughly equal in terms of ability and projected impact but to act like Michkov is a tier above Demidov is insane.
They're trying cope with this realization. Were in the demidov thread lol

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Lol come on now.

I stopped here we have no reason to communicate lmao. You need to evaluate hockey better.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I stopped here we have no reason to communicate lmao. You need to evaluate hockey better.
"That future number one center who will be over PPG and excellent defensively has nothing on this all offense winger who might produce slightly more than him in his prime" is a take frequently put out by those that do a great job at evaluating hockey.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I have stopped as soon as I seen that people actually think that Demidov has an Hockey IQ equivalent to Michkov. No point in proceeding further
This guy gets it. I’d like this post but I got reported too much by a certain fan base that can’t handle the heat.

"That future number one center who will be over PPG and excellent defensively has nothing on this all offense winger who might produce slightly more than him in his prime" is a take frequently put out by those that do a great job at evaluating hockey.
“Might”, change that to “Will” and Demidov is not good defensively and he sure as shit won’t be a center, god I wish you could see how insane this is from an outside perspective 🤣🤣🤣. You can’t speak something into existence just because you think it’s true when it’s not. Here’s what is factual and will remain factual as far as hockey goes Michkov is superior if they both stay completely healthy, there’s literally not 1 smidgen of evidence that says otherwise stat or eye test.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Agree a first line level talent, I think he even has a chance to hit 110 area if he hits his real peak, dude has a high level of skill, should have went 2.
If you see Demidov as 100 and even 110 pt player and you say that he is "absolutely not at the same offensive tier as Michkov"...how many points do you expect Michkov to produce at his peak??

100-110 points is top 5 in art ross race, and that is average kucherov level production.

For the record, I dont disagree with your Demidov prediction, but pls shed some light on your Michkov expectations? Because another level above 100-110 points is Mcdavid territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad