Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Blues 2

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I was lurking the Blues GDT last night. Can we just forget our divisional rivalry and be best friends with them?

Reasonable group, friendly, lots of good things to say about Jets. I’d split a case of Busch Light with them.
They certainly are good fans but buying them Bud light would insult them ... nobody drink that in the states thanks to Ms Mulvaney.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'm actually kinda hoping the Jets lose before the Leafs game. Rather not risk having the first loss of the season to those guys.
It would not bother me one bit if the Jets went 80-2 and both losses were to the leafs ... better than beating the leafs twice and missing the playoffs.
It's funny the reason most people hate the leafs is because of the media not the team. The Jets have never play the leafs in the playoffs they are not even in the same conference and only play them twice a year so where does the hate come from?

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is going to throw a wrench for some wanting to watch

View attachment 920671

Are those not games that would otherwise be on SN?
Amazon made the deal with SN so I am assuming that is the case. So ....... for those who do not have Prime, it is not much loss. Can't watch at all vs having to watch it on SN. Hmmmmm?

:sarcasm:

I'm actually kinda hoping the Jets lose before the Leafs game. Rather not risk having the first loss of the season to those guys.

OTOH, it could be 9 straight to start the season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It would not bother me one bit if the Jets went 80-2 and both losses were to the leafs ... better than beating the leafs twice and missing the playoffs.
It's funny the reason most people hate the leafs is because of the media not the team. The Jets have never play the leafs in the playoffs they are not even in the same conference and only play them twice a year so where does the hate come from?
The hate comes from the fact, that fans and people in general don't like authority figures. They see the media as being bias toward the Leafs, but the population there, allows these announcers to get paid, so of course they have to say good things about the Leafs. Because Toronto has 4 - 5 million people, they advertise to a much larger base, and that's where a lot of the money is made.

People have a hard time grasping this is just an entertainment business, and not just who is your favourite team. I don't think they hate the Leafs ( a lot do) but it's the whole idea that the media is controlled by larger population centers.

Also the Leafs have quite a large fan base here, and across Canada.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The game against Pittsburgh his timing was off but he was making those seam passes for one touch plays that were close but didn't click. Big man sees the ice well in an offensive role. Defensively there's always gaps between the branches in a Tree.

But he'll hit with more impact out there than any other d-man, I agree
Ya but as a golfer Trees are 90% air. Ya right.:laugh:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Are we never happy as Jets fans? Do we always have something to complain about? Can’t just enjoy it, I guess.

Thought that was almost the perfect road game last night. Generally sound defensively, good goaltending when that broke down and patient wait for the breaks type offence. More than pleased with the Jets start.
Go easy on him.
He's not saying Helle should be traded again...
As soon as someone has a few off games, GNP wants to move them down the lineup or trade them.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I was lurking the Blues GDT last night. Can we just forget our divisional rivalry and be best friends with them?

Reasonable group, friendly, lots of good things to say about Jets. I’d split a case of Busch Light with them.
Reasonable? Friendly? Good things to say about the Jets? That doesn't sound like a good fit with our group... :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad