F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
What do you mean by that? He just said Demidov will be a better player. How is that « slagging another player »

God forbid someone prefers one player over another, if you do you're just slagging on his counterpart, or better yet, it's a "horrible take".

How dare anyone question Michkov's superiority. I don't know how anyone who watches them both play, can say one is unequivocally better than the other, there's very little between them. They both have outstanding futures ahead of themselves,

It literally comes down to preference to which player you'd rather enjoy on the ice or your team.

For me, because I don't think alot will separate them in terms of production, that just from an aesthetical point of view, I'd take Demidov. He's just far more entertaining imo.

As a hab fan I'd like both on my team, but I'm not going there. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
He was averaging 12:18 in ice time before this game while not getting time on PP1. He is still is putting up insane numbers while basically being sabotaged by his head coach for not signing an extension in Russia.

He still has 15 points in 19 games, including the five games in a row with under 7 minutes of ice time. With 4 primary assists, today, alone.

He has 15 points in 14 games where he has received greater than 7 minutes of ice time.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Horrific take lol, he's going to be really good though.

why? Demidov has shown he is one of the most skilled Russian prospects since AO. With the reports that SKA tried to sign him and he refused, we know they started cutting his TOI down to under 7 mins a game and they took him off the 2nd PP unit despite him clearly showing he's one of their most skilled players. He was at a .8 ppg at the time, the KHL record for U-20 pts is held by Kaprisov who did it with a .86 ppg, so with limited PP time and 3rd line TOI he was on pace to challenge the KHL record for U-20 pts. But somehow thinking he might be more skilled and smarter then Mickov is a horrific take? I can see disagreeing but a horrific take? clearly not.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
why? Demidov has shown he is one of the most skilled Russian prospects since AO. With the reports that SKA tried to sign him and he refused, we know they started cutting his TOI down to under 7 mins a game and they took him off the 2nd PP unit despite him clearly showing he's one of their most skilled players. He was at a .8 ppg at the time, the KHL record for U-20 pts is held by Kaprisov who did it with a .86 ppg, so with limited PP time and 3rd line TOI he was on pace to challenge the KHL record for U-20 pts. But somehow thinking he might be more skilled and smarter then Mickov is a horrific take? I can see disagreeing but a horrific take? clearly not.

Demidov has 15 points in the 14 games where he has received greater than 7 minutes of ice time. If he was getting 17 minutes a game with PP1 it would be a whole other story for sure and he is STILL near the U-20 PPG record with the handicapped ice time and role.

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
I did a quick calculation to compare Michkov's D+1 (last season) in the KHL and Demidov's D+1 (this season in the KHL) and wanted to compare their point totals per 60 mins played. Michkov played more minutes last season in Sochi (not counting more PP time as well) than Demidov for SKA.

Points per 60 minutes played

Demidov 3.6 Pts/ 60 minutes

Michkov 3.04 Pts/ 60 minutes

Again this is just for fun, but interesting anyways.

The above is from the Habs thread. And as a previous poster said recently, No having the opinion that demidov might be a better player than michkov is a perfectly logical conclusion and I think one that the hockey world is realizing, but gas lighting and essentially calling the people who happen to be of that opinion, clueless idiots? C'mon. Don't make it so obvious. That's a coping mechanism.😂

Reactions: danisonfire

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Demidov has 15 points in the 14 games where he has received greater than 7 minutes of ice time. If he was getting 17 minutes a game with PP1 it would be a whole other story for sure and he is STILL near the U-20 PPG record with the handicapped ice time and role.

His ave PP TOI as of today is 0:34 per game.
His ave 5 on 3 PP TOI this season is 0:00

He could easily be leading the KHL in points right now had SKA chose a different approach.

Reactions: danisonfire

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I'm afraid a 19 year old kid who's dream is to come to N/A and play in the NHL as soon as possible tearing up a countrys professional farmers league would be a bad look for overlord Rotenberg

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
The above is from the Habs thread. And as a previous poster said recently, No having the opinion that demidov might be a better player than michkov is a perfectly logical conclusion and I think one that the hockey world is realizing, but gas lighting and essentially calling the people who happen to be of that opinion, clueless idiots? C'mon. Don't make it so obvious. That's a coping mechanism.😂

And those points per 60 numbers (Demidov 3.6,
Michkov 3.04) were from before today's 4 point game where he played a grand total of 11:56.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad