F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
If I’m trailing in a game I want Michkov. If I’m leading I want Demidov. Tied? Dealers choice, Michkov if you want a higher chance to score. Demidov if you want a more protective approach

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If I’m trailing in a game I want Michkov. If I’m leading I want Demidov. Tied? Dealers choice, Michkov if you want a higher chance to score. Demidov if you want a more protective approach
We could pf had both...then we can trail and lead at the same time.

Yes, the thought of both is too brain wrecking...

Joking aside, has anybody consideted that both guys on the same team could lead into conflict? It's not the first time cliques have formed around players.

I'm not saying it will, but it can happen.

• Haha
Reactions: MoneyManny

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024
we can ask them to take a test to see who wins then.

Or we can just watch them both play.

a lot of misconceptions going on in both this and the Michkov thread. In no way is Demidov a smarter player than Michkov same way Michkov does have the dangling skill of Demidov.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
We could pf had both...then we can trail and lead at the same time.

Yes, the thought of both is too brain wrecking...

Joking aside, has anybody consideted that both guys on the same team could lead into conflict? It's not the first time cliques have formed around players.

I'm not saying it will, but it can happen.
This relies on the notion that the Habs passed on Michkov knowing they'd get Demidov. They didn't.
They passed on Michkov for reasons that we will most likely never know, but it wasn't because of Demidov.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This relies on the notion that the Habs passed on Michkov knowing they'd get Demidov. They didn't.
They passed on Michkov for reasons that we will most likely never know, but it wasn't because of Demidov.
Even to suggest that the Habs passed on Michkov because they knew they were getting Demidov is up there with Santa and Easter Bunny.

ONLY way that was possible was to lose enough games to pick second. No way that was going to happen because they would have to deliberatly lose games and it would show.

The BPA at 5th was Michkov by a mile and Hughes went on need. Stupid move and first mistake.

Hopefully, his last major mistake.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Even to suggest that the Habs passed on Michkov because they knew they were getting Demidov is up there with Santa and Easter Bunny.

ONLY way that was possible was to lose enough games to pick second. No way that was going to happen because they would have to deliberatly lose games and it would show.

The BPA at 5th was Michkov by a mile and Hughes went on need. Stupid move and first mistake.

Hopefully, his last major mistake.
If it was Bergevin we probably would of whiffed on both to draft tall centers who "need some time to develop" instead, so at least the glass is half full with Demigod in the pipeline.

No front office is gonna bat for .1000 at the draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Or we can just watch them both play.

a lot of misconceptions going on in both this and the Michkov thread. In no way is Demidov a smarter player than Michkov same way Michkov does have the dangling skill of Demidov.

feel free, I have every game Demidov has played this year, plus around 30 of last year games. I have several Michkov vids from his time in the VHL and MHL going back to when he was 15,

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Habs made a huge mistake drafting this no good rebel player.

He should be benched for the rest of the season for scoring and making his brilliant coach look like a door knob.

Imagine if he carries this insubordination to the NHL. He will do horrible things like put on a penalty kill and instead, goes on the offense and scores.

Terrible draft choice...

Funny you mention this the same day the report comes out saying that SKA offered Demidov an extension and the benching was punishment for not signing it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Polish-20241012-112305582.jpg

Polish-20241015-194845215.jpg

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Funny you mention this the same day the report comes out saying that SKA offered Demidov an extension and the benching was punishment for not signing it.
You have a link on this?

I suspected it was so weeks ago and wrote about it as a typical Russian "business" move. If a credible report came out and said it, it's not news or remotely shocking to me.

Reactions: MoneyManny

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Never heard of the source but kinda adds up .
I had ONE interaction with a fairly large Russian company as a technical consultant for a Canadian multibillion dollar company looking to buy in and extend yheir business there.

I have no idea how representitive that company was of the general business atmosphere...but...that was all i needed to confirm everything negative i ever heard in doing business there.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
because scoring more goals and getting assists is bad?
Can’t risk your prime prospect leading your team in points and refuses to sign a contract with you only to bolt to the NHL the next season. Doesn’t look good for Roman to not retain your rising star.

It’s all an ego thing, if it were a normal coach, he’d want to help his team win and play his better players together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad