F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
If I’m trailing in a game I want Michkov. If I’m leading I want Demidov. Tied? Dealers choice, Michkov if you want a higher chance to score. Demidov if you want a more protective approach

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If I’m trailing in a game I want Michkov. If I’m leading I want Demidov. Tied? Dealers choice, Michkov if you want a higher chance to score. Demidov if you want a more protective approach
We could pf had both...then we can trail and lead at the same time.

Yes, the thought of both is too brain wrecking...

Joking aside, has anybody consideted that both guys on the same team could lead into conflict? It's not the first time cliques have formed around players.

I'm not saying it will, but it can happen.

• Haha
Reactions: MoneyManny

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024
we can ask them to take a test to see who wins then.

Or we can just watch them both play.

a lot of misconceptions going on in both this and the Michkov thread. In no way is Demidov a smarter player than Michkov same way Michkov does have the dangling skill of Demidov.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
We could pf had both...then we can trail and lead at the same time.

Yes, the thought of both is too brain wrecking...

Joking aside, has anybody consideted that both guys on the same team could lead into conflict? It's not the first time cliques have formed around players.

I'm not saying it will, but it can happen.
This relies on the notion that the Habs passed on Michkov knowing they'd get Demidov. They didn't.
They passed on Michkov for reasons that we will most likely never know, but it wasn't because of Demidov.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This relies on the notion that the Habs passed on Michkov knowing they'd get Demidov. They didn't.
They passed on Michkov for reasons that we will most likely never know, but it wasn't because of Demidov.
Even to suggest that the Habs passed on Michkov because they knew they were getting Demidov is up there with Santa and Easter Bunny.

ONLY way that was possible was to lose enough games to pick second. No way that was going to happen because they would have to deliberatly lose games and it would show.

The BPA at 5th was Michkov by a mile and Hughes went on need. Stupid move and first mistake.

Hopefully, his last major mistake.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Even to suggest that the Habs passed on Michkov because they knew they were getting Demidov is up there with Santa and Easter Bunny.

ONLY way that was possible was to lose enough games to pick second. No way that was going to happen because they would have to deliberatly lose games and it would show.

The BPA at 5th was Michkov by a mile and Hughes went on need. Stupid move and first mistake.

Hopefully, his last major mistake.
If it was Bergevin we probably would of whiffed on both to draft tall centers who "need some time to develop" instead, so at least the glass is half full with Demigod in the pipeline.

No front office is gonna bat for .1000 at the draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Or we can just watch them both play.

a lot of misconceptions going on in both this and the Michkov thread. In no way is Demidov a smarter player than Michkov same way Michkov does have the dangling skill of Demidov.

feel free, I have every game Demidov has played this year, plus around 30 of last year games. I have several Michkov vids from his time in the VHL and MHL going back to when he was 15,

Apr 9, 2009
USA
One day, in the likely distant future, someone will come into this topic and Demidov - not Michkov - will be the topic at hand. I look forward to this day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad