F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
I think it's safe to say that with the same deployment that Michkov had last year, Demidov would most likely set a record for D+1 KHL point totals. Unfortunately, he's not going to get the chance. It sucks, but such is life. I have no doubt that he's going to slot into Montreal's top 6 and be an immediate contributor, but I think I'm done wasting time watching SKA games.

He almost certainly would set a record. His p/60 is a good clip higher than michkovs (it's over on the Habs board) and thats not separating 5on5 vs PP time, in which michkov was given substantially more.

Absolute superstar

Reactions: JIMVINNY

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Maybe Demidov still has a chance and will be loaned after all. If it continues like this, 5 minutes per game. I mean
Btw, it seems like Rotenberg liked Demidov more than Michkov, as Ivan was higher in the depth chart at the beginning of the last season.

By Rotenbergs own words Michkov and Demidov had to fight through the season for one spot he had for a rookie on the game day roster. Of course to put Michkov in his place when he wasn’t happy with his treatment (like anyone in Russia including the media). As soon as Michkov was loaned, Demidov never saw a second with the big club again (probably also due to the fact that he didn't want to extend his contract). That’s all someone has to know about Rotenbergs coaching methods. And imo the main reason why Demidov didn’t ask to be loan last year was his brother who is playing for the same org.

Last edited:
Reactions: carouselofgoalies

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
He almost certainly would set a record. His p/60 is a good clip higher than michkovs (it's over on the Habs board) and thats not separating 5on5 vs PP time, in which michkov was given substantially more.

Absolute superstar

Michkov played for the weakest team and with borderline KHL talent. Demidov is playing for SKA with borderline NHL talent. Galchenyuk was 0.69 ppg last season with SKA and is now 0.40 ppg with Amur. Khus was 0.65 ppg with SKA in 22/23 and 0.41 ppg the season after with Sochi. Michkov with Kuznetsov on his line would have been over PPG (even with Demidovs TOI).

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
What are you even talking about? Nemec was ranked between 4-6 and on almost all lists (including Mackenzie at #4) and sometimes even lower than Jiricek and FYI, Dickinson was ranked #6 in Bob McKenzie ranking. In their own draft year, Michkov was ranked #5 and Reinbacher #8. Also, if you look closely, you will see that Leshunov (ranked #3, went #2) and Yakenchum (ranked #13, went #7) all were drafted higher than their rank because... drum rolls... THEY ARE RHD - which Dickinson isn't by the way. It's almost as if teams are desperately needing high-end RHD in their system.

I'm also not sure what you're yapping about Reinbacher but in his (very limited - 11 games) AHL stint in his D+1 he had very similar stats to Nemec D+1 season. Nemec also didn't make the jump in the NHL until after January of his D+2 and that was even forced because of injuries. Just because a D doesn't make the NHL at 19 years old doesn't mean he was a bad pick. You have to be a special kind of talent to be NHL ready at 18-19 years old if you're a big D.

For the last part (the bolded one) you still don't get it after months. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Michkov or his height and everything to do with Montreal needing a top pairing RHD. I know your feelings got hurt when your boy Michkov dropped to 7 (which you have a weird obsession over by the way) but at some point, you have to let it go. Why don't you go pollute another fanbase thread instead about Michkov? Let me suggest Arizona/Utah and Simashev. I'm sure they are all eager to hear your thoughts on Michkov and how Simashev was also a terrible pick.
You are very not informed. And you are messing rankings and prospect tools. Nemec was ranked higher anyway.

Nemec was great in ahl, steady and was clearly ready formal after preseason. Reinbacher is not.

My feelings are not hurt. They are great and mostly I don’t care about draft place. Because as you are messing here prospect can be drafted by 1 pick or by 201 - does it change something? No it is nothing about prospect, it’s ONLY about teams who ranked their list. Michkov could be drafted by second pick by other 20 teams or he could be drafted in the end of the first only by flyers. There were many different cases like Boucher or Barzal.
Everybody understand that Reinbacher was need for mtl. It’s mostly you who don’t understand that it was a very bad decision and bad pick. But you can continue to cope because I’m done, if you can’t understand you can’t, why there were examples of Dickinson, comparing with need, comparing with better prospects etc.

About Arizona - Arizona made bad decision. Any way little bit better, because Simashev is better prospect, it was 6th, not 5th pick, Arizona defensive pool was much worser, there were no Hutson, LM, Guhle etc, and the most important - there are no Arizona fans who is trying to sh1t on Michkov. Absolutely noone. Anyway it was a bad pick.

Like pick of Sennecke. But still we don’t see Ducks fans on the board who is coping and dying for his GM for making very bad decision on the draft day. At least Ducks stays with their strategy to not draft Russians from Russia. Stupid? Yes, but consistently.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Michkov played for the weakest team and with borderline KHL talent. Demidov is playing for SKA with borderline NHL talent. Galchenyuk was 0.69 ppg last season with SKA and is now 0.40 ppg with Amur. Khus was 0.65 ppg with SKA in 22/23 and 0.41 ppg the season after with Sochi. Michkov with Kuznetsov on his line would have been over PPG (even with Demidovs TOI).

Michkov played on the line with Khusnutdinov and Tyanulin. Marat is in the NHL and Tyanulin is PPG right now. They had a very good line, defensemen mostly couldn't creat anything offensively but it's another topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad