F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
I think it's safe to say that with the same deployment that Michkov had last year, Demidov would most likely set a record for D+1 KHL point totals. Unfortunately, he's not going to get the chance. It sucks, but such is life. I have no doubt that he's going to slot into Montreal's top 6 and be an immediate contributor, but I think I'm done wasting time watching SKA games.

He almost certainly would set a record. His p/60 is a good clip higher than michkovs (it's over on the Habs board) and thats not separating 5on5 vs PP time, in which michkov was given substantially more.

Absolute superstar

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Maybe Demidov still has a chance and will be loaned after all. If it continues like this, 5 minutes per game. I mean
Btw, it seems like Rotenberg liked Demidov more than Michkov, as Ivan was higher in the depth chart at the beginning of the last season.

By Rotenbergs own words Michkov and Demidov had to fight through the season for one spot he had for a rookie on the game day roster. Of course to put Michkov in his place when he wasn’t happy with his treatment (like anyone in Russia including the media). As soon as Michkov was loaned, Demidov never saw a second with the big club again (probably also due to the fact that he didn't want to extend his contract). That’s all someone has to know about Rotenbergs coaching methods. And imo the main reason why Demidov didn’t ask to be loan last year was his brother who is playing for the same org.

Last edited:
Reactions: carouselofgoalies

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
He almost certainly would set a record. His p/60 is a good clip higher than michkovs (it's over on the Habs board) and thats not separating 5on5 vs PP time, in which michkov was given substantially more.

Absolute superstar

Michkov played for the weakest team and with borderline KHL talent. Demidov is playing for SKA with borderline NHL talent. Galchenyuk was 0.69 ppg last season with SKA and is now 0.40 ppg with Amur. Khus was 0.65 ppg with SKA in 22/23 and 0.41 ppg the season after with Sochi. Michkov with Kuznetsov on his line would have been over PPG (even with Demidovs TOI).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad