F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Yeah, I see a little more Kucherov in the way of making big brain moves that no one anticipates than Crosby. I think Demidov lacks that power game that Crosby has. I suppose there are some similarities, but I don't personally think they're great comparables. Granted we're discussing two (three) pretty unique players.
I’ve heard the Kucherov comparison before and I just don’t see it, tbh. Kucherov is much more of a cerebral, slow the game down, wait for an opening type of offensive player - surgical in that aspect in fact. He’s mastered it.

I don’t really see that in Demidov’s game to nearly the same degree (stylistically, not just ability). Demidov is much more tenacity, pace, and downright audacity, if we’re being honest. He makes things happen and persues the plays he wants, whereas Kucherov kind of slows things down and picks opponents apart. There’s some overlap in their games, I guess, but their approach is much different, from what I’ve seen.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I’ve heard the Kucherov comparison before and I just don’t see it, tbh. Kucherov is much more of a cerebral, slow the game down, wait for an opening type of offensive player - surgical in that aspect in fact. He’s mastered it.

I don’t really see that in Demidov’s game to nearly the same degree (stylistically, not just ability). Demidov is much more tenacity, pace, and downright audacity, if we’re being honest. He makes things happen and persues the plays he wants, whereas Kucherov kind of slows things down and picks opponents apart. There’s some overlap in their games, I guess, but their approach is much different, from what I’ve seen.
I don't mean that as a holistic comparison. I'm speaking only about their ability to make creative moves that no one would ever expect. Basically, none of those three are real comparables, despite (as you say), some overlap between skills.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I don't mean that as a holistic comparison. I'm speaking only about their ability to make creative moves that no one would ever expect. Basically, none of those three are real comparables, despite (as you say), some overlap between skills.
Yeah, it’s tough to pinpoint a really satisfactory stylistic comparison for this guy; there may not be one. In any case, seeing flashes of these players in his game certainly isn’t a bad thing.

Reactions: CanadienShark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad