F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Not to be annoying but this is the Demidov thread. Not enough discussions about him in the last page or two.

Fair enough. If the Hawks aren’t able to stay at #1 I would be thrilled with Demidov at 2/3.

My only concern is his contract status. Is he going to sign an extension? If he’ll come over to NA after next season he’s right up there for me at 2/3.

Lindstrom/Levshunov/Demidov are my targets at 2/3.

Reactions: SlafySZN and rahad

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Fair enough. If the Hawks aren’t able to stay at #1 I would be thrilled with Demidov at 2/3.

My only concern is his contract status. Is he going to sign an extension? If he’ll come over to NA after next season he’s right up there for me at 2/3.

He's being kept in the MHL as punishment for not extending.

I'd expect the Blackhawks to target one of the defenseman if they don't win the Celebrini lottery, however.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
He's being kept in the MHL as punishment for not extending.

I'd expect the Blackhawks to target one of the defenseman if they don't win the Celebrini lottery, however.

BPA. They need everything.

A hawks insider listed Demidov as one of the organizations rumored targets if they miss on Celebrini.

So he’ll definitely be in the mix

• Wow
Reactions: Doc5

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
BPA. They need everything.

A hawks insider listed Demidov as one of the organizations rumored targets if they miss on Celebrini.

So he’ll definitely be in the mix

I can see Chicago taking a forward to play with franchise player Bedard. Demidov and Bedard would be a great duo. He has the hockey IQ to keep up with Bedard. They could become a little bit like Stamkos and Kucherov.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I can see Chicago taking a forward to play with franchise player Bedard. Demidov and Bedard would be a great duo. He has the hockey IQ to keep up with Bedard. They could become a little bit like Stamkos and Kucherov.
I think they could work, but I'd like to see Chicago pick an elite skater / puck carrier to help Bedard. Demidov's skating is good but he's a bit too heavy footed for me, and Bedard isn't the fastest guy either.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'd say Demidov is the best skater of the draft. His skating kinda reminds Kaprizov's but he's way faster.
He's got elite edges, balance, and lateral mobility, but I just don't love his explosiveness/footspeed. Obviously that is something that can be improved, but I feel like he's almost gone backwards in those areas in the last year, which is a bit of a concern for me.

Reactions: montreal

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Except Habs management have already shown more interest in Demidov in his 17 year old season last year than they did with Michkov in his draft year. So its not russiophobia its michkovphobia for the habs , why? I'm not sure either...maybe contract , maybe character , I personally don't agree with it I'm just stating what is publicly known and leaked from the org
Damage control he didn't want to play for the Habs so they downplayed him as a player

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

Yeah, i don’t think the team that is going to draft him will have to be worried with him coming over after his current contract.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I'd say Demidov is the best skater of the draft. His skating kinda reminds Kaprizov's but he's way faster.

Granted it was only one clip, but I saw a clip of him this week on the rush and he was absolutely flying. I think at minimum he’s a very solid skater. (Above average)

Reactions: bert

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Bedard is close to being PPG player on his first NHL season. He is playing in on of the worst team in the league with AHL Player.

The whole Bedard vs Michkov is going to end up like the McDavid vs Eichel in the NHL. Bedard is simply superior to Michkov.
Stop insulting Eichel. I’ll consider it as a great success if Michkov ever reaches Eichel’s level

I doubt it, they will probably trade him or loan him to another team.
I really hope they send him to Severstal

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think he’s bigger, and faster at the same age than Kaprizov. I also think he has some of the best 1 on 1 skill I’ve ever seen. I think Kaprizov is a realistic ceiling for this player.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think he’s bigger, and faster at the same age than Kaprizov. I also think he has some of the best 1 on 1 skill I’ve ever seen. I think Kaprizov is a realistic ceiling for this player.

I don't think he's bigger thank Kaprizov. He's taller but Kaprizov was bulkier, Kirill always was about as broad as tall... alright maybe not as broad as tall but close to it.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa

Tier 1.5

I don't think you can pass on Celebrini for him, but none of the defensive prospects in this years class seem can't miss enough to pass up a pure talent like this.

Demidov with 60 points in 30 games this season in the MHL (2.00) is the all time U19 leader in points per game

Kuznetsov (18yo) 1.88
Kucherov (18yo) 1.87
Michkov (17yo) 1.82 (!)

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Demidov with 60 points in 30 games this season in the MHL (2.00) is the all time U19 leader in points per game

Kuznetsov (18yo) 1.88
Kucherov (18yo) 1.87
Michkov (17yo) 1.82 (!)
2nd best single season PPG in MHL history. Nikita Gusev had the highest back in 2011-12, was a year and a half older at the time. Gusev lead KHL in scoring this season [2023-24] by 12 points.

Reactions: cheechoo

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Ironically Kaprizov wasn't really considered a top prospect when he was draft eligible. Well, with the exception of some people in Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad