F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Do you think it’s because he’s only signed with them for the next year and he won’t sign so they don’t really care what’s best for him? (Playing him MHL instead of VHL or KHL)
Probably a good chance of that if they tried to get him to sign the deal as Michkov and he said no because he wants to play in the NHL sooner.

Obviously tough to say without being in there, but SKA is run by an under-qualified idiot so it wouldn't be surprising.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
While this trio would be pretty wild, aren't you guys trying not to tank pretty aggressively?

They aren't doing the intentional tank, that's for sure. But with as bad as they are currently, I still think the Wild will be picking in the top 10.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
They aren't doing the intentional tank, that's for sure. But with as bad as they are currently, I still think the Wild will be picking in the top 10.

They are the 6th worst team right now and it doesn't look like they gonna improve their standing.

I'd even say there is a good chance Ottawa will outrun Minnesota soon. They have way better roster than the place they are at. Terrible coaching was killing them but now it's different and they look much better.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
While this trio would be pretty wild, aren't you guys trying not to tank pretty aggressively?
not really, no. I think that the team and management is doing the best they can to win, within reason, but it's just not working. They are certainly not selling the farm in order to compete, but that would be silly with everything arrayed against them, much of it self imposed.

It's a weird team. Hard to know what to make of it. It is, essentially, the same team that did pretty well in the previous two years.

JUst goes to show that if you aren't improving in this league, you're losing ground.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
They are the 6th worst team right now and it doesn't look like they gonna improve their standing.

I'd even say there is a good chance Ottawa will outrun Minnesota soon. They have way better roster than the place they are at. Terrible coaching was killing them but now it's different and they look much better.

Right now the Wild are 5 points better, but Ottawa has 2 games in hand. But they are only 2 pts worse than Arizona who is picking 10th. It's possible the Wild could finish with fewer points than either Ottawa or Columbus, but we'll see.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Maybe the Wild should've tried tanking though, as then their ability to not to succeed could bring the Cup.

Hard to intentionally tank when all the major players have NMC/NTC clauses in their contracts and don't want to be moved.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Right now the Wild are 5 points better, but Ottawa has 2 games in hand. But they are only 2 pts worse than Arizona who is picking 10th. It's possible the Wild could finish with fewer points than either Ottawa or Columbus, but we'll see.

Ottawa is 6-2-2 in the last 10 games, Minnesota is 4-5-1, the trend is obvious...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scored just one assist today, but he did it with style, gathered all 5 opponents on him and then passed the puck to a teammate who was all alone in front of a goalie...

Last edited:
Reactions: Guess and slumpy43

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the collection, I have little time to watch hockey this year unfortunately.

Any new personal insights on Demidov from his last few games? I know you used to speak candidly on the good and bad (mostly good) on his earlier performances.

I haven't seen his last few games, been taking a little break the last few days, it's easy to get burned out so you got to take some breaks when you can.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His situation isnt optimal, but its not that bad.
If he was Canadian or American he’d also be playing against kids in the CHL/USHL.
Not all. If he went CHL route he would. If he went college route he’d have been playing college this year.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
All the feedback about it is enthusiastic.The fact that he didn't play Senior bothered me. I feared a Podkolzin or Kravtsov but obviously he seems to be of Michkov caliber.Contract ended in 2025, everything indicates that he will join NA one year after the draft. Maybe even the reason why SKA doesn't want to invest in him. Potential 2nd pick currently.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Question for people who know about KHL/NHL contract rules...
Can the team that drafts Demidov this summer sign him right away to an ELC starting in 25-26 after his current contract (well let's say on July 1st 2024 if need be)?
This might impact his draft position if teams can "make sure" he can't be forced to sign a KHL extension.
Sorry if previously asked and answered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad