F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I’ve only just started watching prospects from this class, but from what I’ve seen I don’t understand why this guy isn’t in the conversation for #1 pick. The skill level is higher than Celebrini I think and when he was in the KHL I thought his all around game was pretty good.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't think Demidov will go second overall (due to geopolitics), but he should.
I could see 2 through 5 based on what teams need in their system but whoever gets this kid will be very, VERY happy.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
It looks like he doesn’t want to renew his contract and SKA doesn’t like it. I don’t find any other explanation, because he has clearly outgrown this level.

From SKA's point of view, why allocate a VHL roster spot to a player who is leaving at year's end?

SKA's priority is to develop the players who can help them in the future.

Any NHL team would do the same.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That will be scary if they find a way to fill the 14 other holes in their lineup
Drafting and cap space I reckon. I’m bullish on the young D on the roster and system. If they took this guy and he came close to his ceiling with Bedard that’d be two top line level forwards and then just need a couple more hits from the prospect pool which is less hard to do if your top two dynamo forwards are in place, and the cap space can fill in the rest.

Of course that all sounds great in theory, but we’ll see how it goes.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Those videos from today are bananas, dude is just completely toying with the competition.
From SKA's point of view, why allocate a VHL roster spot to a player who is leaving at year's end?

From what I can tell, he is signed for next season with SKA.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll be gobsmacked if he's not in the top 5. Really really talented player.

scouts will definitely take his level of competition as a con though

I won't be.

Celebrini is going 1.
Lindstrom will go ahead of Demidov.

It's not hard to see the defenseman Silayev, Dickinson and Levshunov going ahead of him as well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I won't be.

Celebrini is going 1.
Lindstrom will go ahead of Demidov.

It's not hard to see the defenseman Silayev, Dickinson and Levshunov going ahead of him as well.
You might be right. It's not like Deidov's competition is dog crap, though Lindstrom is more about projection, at this point. A guy like Parekh might not even got top 10, even though he is doing crazy things point wise as a Dman. Same with Buium, albeit in a different league.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

He still has another year on his contract after this year.

Rotenberg is a fool. That's all.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Demidov is the first kid in MHL history who scores at 2PPG in his draft year. Of course it's mostly because talented kids usually played in VHL and KHL in their draft years. But Kucherov played in MHL and had significantly worse statistics.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Demidov is the first kid in MHL history who scores at 2PPG in his draft year. Of course it's mostly because talented kids usually played in VHL and KHL in their draft years. But Kucherov played in MHL and had significantly worse statistics.

Mighty impressive either way, but more context on the Kucherov comparison - Kucherov had about 2 PPG in his D+1 in Russian Jrs, when he was only half a year older than Demidov is this year.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Mighty impressive either way, but more context on the Kucherov comparison - Kucherov had about 2 PPG in his D+1 in Russian Jrs, when he was only half a year older than Demidov is this year.

He still was 6 months older and played on the same line with Gusev who scored 76 points in just 34 games that season. As far as I remember, the best PPG in the MHL ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad