F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Kucherov did a lot of mistakes on junior level, I remeber his play at WJC. I actually never expected him to become so dominant in NHL, my bad.
I personally remember being very impressed with his poise with the puck and decision making at the U18 and U20 WJCs (side note, he still owns the U18 WJC all time single tourney scoring record), in the Q, and in his early NHL days. But obviously this is very subjective.

Last edited:

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Whatched his recent game in MHL it looks comical, he should be playing against men. Just loan him to Sochi, or at least send him to VHL.

Reactions: LesCanadiens

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Between SKA’s pettiness and being run by a moron, the CHL import ban and the iihf ban this kid is getting a raw deal to showcase himself. Hopefully signs and comes to North America as soon as possible.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Half game played against Tayfun, Demidov already has 4 points

Yeah, finished the game with 1+4. So now he's 15+24, +32 after 22 games, leads SKA-1946 in scoring despite playing 12-17 games fewer than other kids.

Don't forget he played first two games injured, when he didn't score any points. So he's basically 2PPG, which is very rare in the MHL. As far as I remember the only other player who did it was Gusev back when he played with Kucherov, and Gusev was like 2 years older than Demidov.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal and Alex K

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Feasted on 2 bad teams, against better ones he is far from dominating. Playing in the chl or whatever is not a better option. There is no need to be dramatic here.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Feasted on 2 bad teams, against better ones he is far from dominating. Playing in the chl or whatever is not a better option. There is no need to be dramatic here.

All players feast on bad teams. Look at two last WJCs and Bedard and Celebrini... Bedard scored some points vs good teams too at least, Celebrini not a lot...

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
From Macklin Celebrini the unanimous No. 1 prospect in Bob McKenzie's mid-season draft ranking | TSN:

6. Ivan Demidov. The Russian left-shot winger is as smart, skilled and offensively gifted as any player in the draft. Two of the 10 scouts surveyed ranked him at No. 2, behind Celebrini, and he was top five in the eyes of another five scouts.​
Demidov is quite likely the only high-end Russian prospect in this draft class who has been seen in a live viewing by North America-based scouts and GMs, though it happened in the summer of 2022. Demidov, a late 2005 birthdate, was playing as an underage in the 2022 Hlinka-Gretzky U-18 tournament. Russians in this draft class have not been seen live by most scouts since then because of IIHF sanctions against Russia for invading Ukraine.​
The dynamic winger was No. 3 on our pre-season list, but Demidov missed the better part of two months (October and November) with a knee injury.​

JT3

May 27, 2013
You better tell it Kent Hughes, he might have different opinion
There was a report from someone in Habs media (maybe it was Grant McCagg? Can't recall) that a Habs scout talked to him about why they didn't like Michkov but that the org was very interested in Demidov. Obviously just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt, but yeah. I'd love to have him, he's the kind of forward talent Montreal needs to add to the core.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
There was a report from someone in Habs media (maybe it was Grant McCagg? Can't recall) that a Habs scout talked to him about why they didn't like Michkov but that the org was very interested in Demidov. Obviously just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt, but yeah. I'd love to have him, he's the kind of forward talent Montreal needs to add to the core.
Pretty weird to say the least, if that's true, considering that Michkov wanted to play in a big market which Montreal is. There's no guarantee that Demidov will be on the board for the Habs while Michkov was. But I can't complain since he's a Flyer) If Demidov ends up in Montreal it will be a crazy line with Caufield and Suzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad