F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Bobrov is a dunce. That idiot talks about character issues with Michkov, yet he drafted Kravtsov.

The only provable character mishap with Michkov is lockerrom incident with Sochi. Even then it was due to him caring too much.

That said, none of this has any relevance to Demidov.
Kravtsov wasn't known for a bad personality and also he wasn't like 5'9 and an average skater. Mitchkov wasn't even the Habs pick even if Reinbacher wasn't it, it was Leonard and rightfully so

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Because he played junior A. Even still, he didn’t look like he’d become what he is even in his D+1 and D+2 years in college. Development isn’t linear. Hutson and Buium both had better college years at the same age or younger than Makar did. Do you think they will be as good as him? Are they 1st overall talents?

If you want to say that Demidov may become the best player from the draft, sure go ahead, but it’s meaningless because you can say that about any player. But to emphatically say he’s a #1 overall talent right at the draft implies that he should’ve gone number one, which is ridiculous. He’s not a 1st overall calibre prospect, and he didn’t fall because he’s Russian. He “fell” because teams felt other players are/will be better.
Not true at all. Guy could have easily went first in a lot of drafts. Skill wise he is probably most skilled forward of any player this draft. Teams this year picked more so for need than best player. This kid is a stud.

Didn't have to look hard to find the same thing repeatedly said about Suzuki and Caufield.
Sour grapes. Hello.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Are you being serious ? If you disregard the geopolitical situation and his contract with SKA, he likely goes first in 7 out of 10 last drafts.

He destroyed his completion more than Bedard did, what do you how stock would be in a perfect world where there’s no politics, Russian factor and KHL contracts ?
Lol you’re off your rocker. Bedard put up 2.5 p/gp in a much, much stronger league than Demidov played in. Demidov put up 2.0 p/gp in the MHL - very impressive numbers, but nowhere near what Bedard did. What exactly have you been smoking? 😂

And the “geopolitical situation” has absolutely nothing to do with it. Russians are getting drafted just fine - Michkov wasn’t even the first Russian taken last year, but according to this narrative, he fell because he’s Russian, otherwise he would’ve went first 😂

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Lol you’re off your rocker. Bedard put up 2.5 p/gp in a much, much stronger league than Demidov played in. Demidov put up 2.0 p/gp in the MHL - very impressive numbers, but nowhere near what Bedard did. What exactly have you been smoking? 😂

And the “geopolitical situation” has absolutely nothing to do with it. Russians are getting drafted just fine - Michkov wasn’t even the first Russian taken last year, but according to this narrative, he fell because he’s Russian, otherwise he would’ve went first 😂
Do you have some reading comprehension issues? I’m talking about Michkov, not Demidov

mynameisvincent

May 15, 2022
I am happy they drafted him and i hope that the fact that they already have 2 recent high profile prospect along with him and likely starting his nhl career at the same time as reinbacher will allevite some of the unevitable pressure from the media and very passionate fans of the canadiens. I think people understood the process with slaf, hopefully they do the same with him

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He's so close to getting it
Oh I’m getting it, but you aren’t. You’re saying that Demidov/Michkov could end up being the best player of the draft; so what? You can say that about any high upside player.

I’m saying that as prospects, they aren’t 1st overall calibre, and neither was Makar. Those are two different things. What happens after the fact is irrelevant to where they were drafted or how they were rated as prospects.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

MHL is not weaker than WHL lmao. Michkov and Demidov would have tore up the WHL.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
The Habs screwed up with the Reinbacher pick and this time tried to make amends.

The problem for them is that Michkov is better than Demidov.
That's definitely an opinion.

Hard to say picking the best D of the draft last year was a screw up. Michkov was passed on by 6 teams before he was chosen #7.

Michov will be an electric player in this league I'm sure, but time will tell who the better Russian will be. Bias aside, mikov is more skilled but I genuinely like Demidov overall game better.

And I doubt Habs picked Demidov to make up for not picking michkov. Reinbacher was a great pick, there's nothing to makeup for there. As for Demidov they picked him because they like him. And he was available. Habs been eying Demidov since last year

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
The Habs screwed up with the Reinbacher pick and this time tried to make amends.

Many scouts, media, and hockey ppl disagree. Demidov is bigger, faster, more competitive, and a better 2 way player. The offense = both elite.

Screenshot_20240629_212957_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: HabsAddict

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Way too early to make such statements. Not a single one of them has played an nhl game yet.

With hindsight, I'm pretty sure the habs are even more happy to have picked Reinbacher because they still managed to draft an elite offensive talent in Demidov, and if they didn't have Reinbacher they would have a big hole at RD, which is a position that is hard to fill if you're not drafting those players high.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
MHL is not weaker than WHL lmao. Michkov and Demidov would have tore up the WHL.

It is imo, I do miss back when they had the CHL Remax Challenge between the Russian juniors vs each CHL league.

But yes Michkov and Demidov would have tore up the WHL, since they tore up the MHL and are highly skilled as any prospect in the dub I'd say (I haven't seen a WHL game the last 2 years, no Habs lately) Demidov broke the MHL playoff record for points for a U-19 skater and he now has the most playoff points in MHL history for U-19 skaters. Talent like that will stand out in any league.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Why is Michkov even being brought up?

I'm happy that the Hab's can't rush him in and allow him to play over his head and get a concussion. the Hab's always rush prospects and for once the decision is taken out of there hands.

• Haha
Reactions: jrom and waitin425

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad