Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

F Isak Rosen (Buffalo Sabres): Looked dangerous in transition. Nifty release. Skating and tracking well to support the play and/or get. Perimeter speed in control was noticeable (though I would have liked to see him get to the interior more). One-timer on off-side flank on PP2 was dangerous throughout. He ran a little hot and cold, but he was still one of Sweden’s more threatening players and finished the tournament with a team-leading four goals.

Reactions: Fjordy

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Not anywhere near as flashy, but much more precise and calculated on the puck.

When his speed gets going, few can skate with him. Pretty good on the wall for the PP.

Nikolai Ehlers was the draft day comp, and I'd say style wise it's still true.

Maybe it's time Sabres get more of their Grade A prospects out of Europe and develop them on their own. Prokhor Poltapov is languishing but then again so is Kisakov and he's in the AHL

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Maybe it's time Sabres get more of their Grade A prospects out of Europe and develop them on their own. Prokhor Poltapov is languishing but then again so is Kisakov and he's in the AHL

How is Kisakov "languishing"?

And it's going to be tough to break Poltapov's current contract.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yeap, I remember reading a pre-draft report on some site and he was compared to Ehlers in terms of play style.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think he’s been very noticeable. Their PP1 seems solely designed on getting him the puck. His speed really pops too.
Haven't really seen him pop his speed in Roc yet like I did in the prospect tourney. No shade, he's young, finding his way, and having early success. You're right, he has been great on the PP, and a focus.

0/2 on this sentence.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
& there were QUITE a few board members who wanted him gone haha.

All razzing aside. I love to see this. Kid can rip cheese

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
& there were QUITE a few board members who wanted him gone haha.

All razzing aside. I love to see this. Kid can rip cheese

Him performing up to his capabilities will erase some of the doubters concerns in the same way that Mattias Samuelsson haters are now MIA.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Any chance he gets a call up this season?

i doubt it
buffalo doesn’t have much in terms of trade deadline moving pieces where spots coukd open late season.

i think there other players buffalo might want to call up first. I think Weissbach and Rousek are RFAs next summer. I think they might get called up first

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Can't say i'm surprised to see him finding success right away. He's a fast and mature kid mentally, despite atleast going into the year being a bit immature physically. (like most swedes)

We've all known he has speed, skill and ability to produce points.......but what separates him, imo, started with what we saw in rookie camp. The work ethic, leadership, guy desperately blocking shots to win a 3 on 3 game in july.It's amazing how players with those kind of intangibles end up being the ones that make it in the end.

That's the mindset and atmoshphere Adams has been fostering and I love seeing Rosen embodying exactly that.

Excited to see what happens with him and the sabres moving forward......they're begininng to run out of (future) roster spots with all the high end young talent they've assembled.

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Living with Weissbach and Cederqvist, besties with Kulich who he enjoys playing with, complements Kozak's play as his center.

Reactions: joshjull

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Can't say i'm surprised to see him finding success right away. He's a fast and mature kid mentally, despite atleast going into the year being a bit immature physically. (like most swedes)

We've all known he has speed, skill and ability to produce points.......but what separates him, imo, started with what we saw in rookie camp. The work ethic, leadership, guy desperately blocking shots to win a 3 on 3 game in july.It's amazing how players with those kind of intangibles end up being the ones that make it in the end.

That's the mindset and atmoshphere Adams has been fostering and I love seeing Rosen embodying exactly that.

Excited to see what happens with him and the sabres moving forward......they're begininng to run out of (future) roster spots with all the high end young talent they've assembled.
Just give him those premium american steroids and he'll be a beast like Näslund!

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Great move by Adams bringing this kid over, he's been great so far. Credit to the Amerks staff once again and very happy to see Rosen gain some confidence.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Fjordy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad