F Gavin McKenna - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Does it really matter the kid is emerging as an elite prospect at this point.
I’d be interested to see what he does against one of the prairie provinces, BC, Ontario or Quebec to be honest. Nothing against Nunavut or NWT but…. they‘re not the most competieve provinces.

I mean against those teams he made his linemates Jace Johnstone look like a superstar lol

I want to see Roobroeck vs McKenna selfishly

Reactions: wetcoast

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
McKenna saving energy for game 4.
he has been on and off standing in this 2nd period.

Sometimes skates full speed and making insane dekes and moves.

Yukon with 3 PP goals, i missed half the game, i assume Gavin has 3 points.
3-2 PP snipe was nuts-o

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
The Canada Winter Games tournament is severely underrated around here and everywhere quite frankly.

It will be interesting to see how McKenna will do against the top teams in Groups A & B, seeing as Group C are all the minnow provinces fighting for the top 2 qualifier playoff spots. Even facing one of Nova Scotia or New Brunswick will be a big step up from anyone in their group.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
8-2 loss for Yukon, McKenna with 2 assists.
But it was unfair schedule, so i don't think anyone should make haste conclusions

Newfoundland played 1 game in 19th, 2 games in 20th and 1 game in 21st
where as Yukon played 2 games in 20th and 2 games in 21st

Newfoundland had 24 hour rest prior to this game, but Yukon just over 7 hour rest
- also, Yukon had 2 exact same scheduled days; 9 00 and 19 30 games,
crazy little time of rest, no wonder they lost to Newfoundland

Yes, next game(s)* will be tough, but well rested Gavin McKenna and rest of the team also,
the favorites should not take this Yukon team lightly. - my opinion

*their next game is against B pool 4th placed team; Nova Scotia but the next game after that will be tough
(Newfoundland faces New Brunswick)

---

Gavin's production after 4 games

11 goals
13 assists
24 points

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What he is doing is impressive but you need to take the numbers with a grain of salt. It’s like if Connor McDavid participated for Iceland in the D2A’s.

The individual player is just too good for the level of competition he is playing.

Reactions: wetcoast

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
8-2 loss for Yukon, McKenna with 2 assists.
But it was unfair schedule, so i don't think anyone should make haste conclusions

Newfoundland played 1 game in 19th, 2 games in 20th and 1 game in 21st
where as Yukon played 2 games in 20th and 2 games in 21st

Newfoundland had 24 hour rest prior to this game, but Yukon just over 7 hour rest
- also, Yukon had 2 exact same scheduled days; 9 00 and 19 30 games,
crazy little time of rest, no wonder they lost to Newfoundland

Yes, next game(s)* will be tough, but well rested Gavin McKenna and rest of the team also,
the favorites should not take this Yukon team lightly. - my opinion

*their next game is against B pool 4th placed team; Nova Scotia but the next game after that will be tough
(Newfoundland faces New Brunswick)

---

Gavin's production after 4 games

11 goals
13 assists
24 points
While I agree on the schedule, it was a matter of time before Yukon would have to play a tough opponent, so I don't think anyone is going to hold it against him that he wasn't able to carry Yukon to wins in every game.

The fact they beat PEI was impressive enough, especially since without him that definitely does not happen

Should break the record still

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
What he is doing is impressive but you need to take the numbers with a grain of salt. It’s like if Connor McDavid participated for Iceland in the D2A’s.

The individual player is just too good for the level of competition he is playing.
Its still elite competition - all these kids are basically CHL draft picks

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Its still elite competition - all these kids are basically CHL draft picks

It is far from elite. Most of the kids on YK, NWT, Nunavut, PEI and NL won't play major junior or, if they do, will play minimal roles. There's little-to-no pro potential in Group C outside of McKenna. I would go even further and say that the majority of players in Group C won't even be major junior drafted. Jack Campbell of PEI led the 2018-19 tournament in scoring with 17 points playing against these teams and he was a fringe QMJHL player at best.

Not taking anything away from McKenna; just the reality.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad