F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
I know Detroit isn’t going to be good again next season, but I don’t see what else he has to prove at the junior level. He already has a solid frame, too at around 200 lbs.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I know Detroit isn’t going to be good again next season, but I don’t see what else he has to prove at the junior level. He already has a solid frame, too at around 200 lbs.

I think he plays junior. The wings are gonna be absolute garbage plus theyre already going to be adding Rasmussen into their lineup who will play wing to start out. I dont think youll see 2 rookie wingers in the line up, unless Zadina comes in and absolute blows the doors off at camp. Hes that elite level of prospect that could make the jump, hes a big body already, but I think he'll play one more year of junior after a 9 game debut and be up the following season on Larkins wing on the first line

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Zadina is going to be an impact player. I wouldn't be surprised as soon as his rookie season. The Wings could not have drafted better, they sat back and players fell into their laps, they also picked the right players. If a team wanted to rebuild in one draft, this one may be a game changer for them, and they also stockpiled picks. Holland did very well.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
he's shot is beyond NHL ready, but even if he's 200lbs, he loses most of his 1v1 battle in the Q wich is pretty unacceptable to me, he'll play an other in the Q, go the memorial cup and probably play in the NHL next year!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

giphy.gif

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Habs fanbase is still split on Kotkianiemi over Zadina, I'm personally happy with the result. I'm glad we got out center and I'm glad Zadina slipped past the sens and coyotes and went to the red wings. The wings haven't had a rebuild in a long time, I think they deserve a quick seamless rebuild, they earned it after 20+ consecutive years of playoffs.

They're off to a good start with Rasmussen and now Zadina...this kid is going to be special, I hope he does great with the wings and becomes one of the best snipers in the league.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
“I was telling my agent, if they will pass on me, I’m going to fill their nets with pucks,” Zadina said. “I want to prove to Detroit that they make a pretty good decision.”

“I think I am going to help him do that,” Veleno said. “Our types of games are different — he is more of a scorer, and I’m more of a passer, so hopefully I can help him with that. But I mean, for any player who slides in the draft, obviously it kind of gets to you a little bit and you want to kind of shove it to the other teams that passed you.

“He is good guy, so if we play together, it will be awesome,” Zadina said. “He is a good center, so we could play well together. If he will pass me the puck so I can score the goals, it would be awesome.”

I f***ing love these two already. :laugh:

Reactions: Redwingsfan

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It’s borderline obnoxious these kids saying teams are going to regret passing on them and he’s gonna fill their net with goals....shows the immaturity. Noah Dobson ain’t saying stuff like that, be humble and proud.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It’s borderline obnoxious these kids saying teams are going to regret passing on them and he’s gonna fill their net with goals....shows the immaturity.

Yes. Much better to have the kids who don't give a f*** and are just happy to be in the league. :thumbu:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It’s borderline obnoxious these kids saying teams are going to regret passing on them and he’s gonna fill their net with goals....shows the immaturity. Noah Dobson ain’t saying stuff like that, be humble and proud.

He has a personality and isn't a robot. He is an offensive winger that puts lots of points on the board, he is going to do that to everyone. It was a funny quote and he means it, but he wants to score everytime he plays so what.

I mean we spend a lot of time talking about how bland some of these guys can be. Zadina seems to have some fire in him and a big personality. Hockey needs those guys in the game too, they attract certain types of fans even if they aren't your cup of tea.

Reactions: BinCookin

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He has a personality and isn't a robot. He is an offensive winger that puts lots of points on the board, he is going to do that to everyone. It was a funny quote and he means it, but he wants to score everytime he plays so what.

I mean we spend a lot of time talking about how bland some of these guys can be. Zadina seems to have some fire in him and a big personality. Hockey needs those guys in the game too, they attract certain types of fans even if they aren't your cup of tea.

There's a reason the majority of hockey fans were happy to see OV win the Cup.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

Fair enough! I think you guys got a real nice player!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Maybe, just reminds me way to much of Grigorenko when he came to Buffalo.
It depends on how you internalize it. But, anything that can get you motivated to put in that extra work to take the next step is good. Now, if you think you were entitled to be picked there, it is a different story.

For example, Crosby puts the picture up of the captain who won the Stanley Cup that year up as yearly motivation. Tom Brady can remember every single QB picked in front of him. Michael Jordan was notorious for remembering every tiny slight against him and using it as motivation (which made him almost impossible to deal with, but an insane competitor).

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
And they already gave him #11 in development camp? Damn. This dude is gonna slay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad