F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
I sort of get Montreal and Ottawa.

Arizona, I do not get at all. Well, there will be a few years to figure it out, but it's not looking good for them tonight.

Oh, well, I am not going to worry about Arizona and just enjoy the sweet pick.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Him @ 6 seems like potential for really good value. Same With JV @ 30. Like this 1st round for DET. Seems like 2 players with really good value at the position fell into their lap so they went BPA instead of team need which is D.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I like what I've seen of Hayton after my initial shock wore off, but I still really wish we had grabbed Zadina. Congrats wing fans, you got a steal.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Montreal was caught between a rock and a hard place. They filled a need, but IMO, didn't pick the BPA. At the same time, hindsight 20/20, had they traded down to pick Kotkaniemi later, they'd have lost him to Arizona.

... If it were me personally, I would've taken whoever they preferred between Zadina and Tkachuk. There will be a lot of good centers next draft, and Montreal isn't turning it around between now and then and will have a top 10 pick. (No offense guys we'll be right there with you)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I couldn't be more than happy to see Zadina on the Red Wings, same with Veleno. Don't see Detroit being the best team in the league, but potentially a team that cracks playoffs each season but doesn't go too far.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Montreal was caught between a rock and a hard place. They filled a need, but IMO, didn't pick the BPA. At the same time, hindsight 20/20, had they traded down to pick Kotkaniemi later, they'd have lost him to Arizona.

... If it were me personally, I would've taken whoever they preferred between Zadina and Tkachuk. There will be a lot of good centers next draft, and Montreal isn't turning it around between now and then and will have a top 10 pick. (No offense guys we'll be right there with you)
I honestly think that Kotkaniemi and Zadina will have near identical numbers, but I'd like the bigger and younger player thats a center. Not to say that the Wings didn't get a great player, because they ABSOLUTELY did.

nickk382

Jun 11, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Don't get me wrong, I was just as livid as any Coyotes fan that we didn't take Zadina. Don't forget that there were moments when a lot of teams should've chosen Brandon Gormley and were pushed back to us for good reasons that are obvious now. I watched footage on all the players that were projected to be picked within top 20 and I have to say that from the footage itself, shows me zero enticement as to why Chayka chose him before Zadina and Walhstrom (who I absolutely love watching). However, we're tools who are members on a forum and they're NHL scouts and GMs, so let's just see what happens.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I couldn't be more than happy to see Zadina on the Red Wings, same with Veleno. Don't see Detroit being the best team in the league, but potentially a team that cracks playoffs each season but doesn't go too far.

To be fair, Detroit will suck for another 2-3 years to stack elite prospects...

Well run organisation that will find itself a contender in 5 years.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Nah... We're still gonna suck for a bit. As I said in another thread, we're a bit like the pre-McDavid Oilers.

Good young forwards (Zadina/Larkin/Mantha vs. Hall/RNH/Eberle) but a complete shit show on defense.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I mean within 4-5 seasons from now.

All gonna depend on how lucky they get in the lottery.

Say they win the lotto next year and take Hughes. You're looking at a potential top six of:

Zadina - Hughes - Rasmussen
Mantha - Larkin - XXX (Maybe Svech)

Even if they don't, they're gonna be in a position to pick up some real talent over the next few years, and I honestly believe they're only a second elite center and a top pairing defender away from being back in the thick of it.

Reactions: ThewThew

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Not overly happy with him going to Detroit, but it's better than Montreal and Ottawa. I was hoping Arizona would pick him, instead they reached.
Not sure what would be the best next year's scenario for Zadina. He said he wants to make the NHL, but Detroit will suck and likely contend for the 1st OV pick. I don't think that's ideal situation for him. I would like to see him play in Europe for a year, he himself said he would prefer to play pro league instead of QMJHL if NHL didn't work out.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seems like the wings may have got a legit elite prospect for the rebuild. I'm betting he gets 9 games, gos back to juniors and has a Marner D+1 esque season. D+2 he plays with Larkin on the wings top line

Reactions: Tube Skates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad