F Dmitri Rashevsky - Dynamo Moscow, KHL (2021, 146th, WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Anyone know if Dynamo Moskva supposed to be good this year? Who will he be playing with? Is he on the first line? Thanks for any info.
They are supposed to be a solid playoff team but not a real contender. I don't think it's very likely they will get to the 2nd round of the PO. So pretty steep drop from last year when many thought they have a real shot at the cup.

Regarding Rashevsky himself, he has played all his games with Eric O'Dell and Ivan Igumnov so far on what should be probably called the 2nd line but his usage so far points to it being similar to the way he or Kirill Marchenko were used last season - minutes heavily favoring offensive deployment and not that much TOI overall. It will probably bounce around 10-15 minutes depending on how many PPs are in the game and such.

Reactions: WADEugottaBELAKthat

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don’t think it‘s that simple with Rashevsky.

He‘s too small and weak to play a checking line role. He’s kinda like Johnny Gaudreau.
Isn't that exactly what I and GermanSpitfire said? 🤔 Gaudreau is of course a pretty wild comparison, I'd think he's closer to Damien Brunner than Gaudreau but oh well. Semantics.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Isn't that exactly what I and GermanSpitfire said? 🤔 Gaudreau is of course a pretty wild comparison, I'd think he's closer to Damien Brunner than Gaudreau but oh well. Semantics.
At the time he signed in New Jersey, did you believe Brunner had star potential?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
At the time he signed in New Jersey, did you believe Brunner had star potential?
1) Do you mean at the time he signed with Detroit?
2) Do you think Rashevsky has star potential? I guess this is where we disagree.

At the time of his signing with Detroit, Brunner seemed to have a decent chance to be a top-6 player with some adapting and moderate improvement of his defensive game. Very same situation I think Rashevsky is in. Albeit Rashevsky has much more improvement to do but he is also much younger.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Heating up, 5 points in the last 3 games. Partially the product of playing together with O'Dell and Weal that are almost certainly 3 Dynamo's best offensive forwards.

Reactions: hn777

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
He's certainly making an impact on that top forward line with Dynamo, and showing he deserves it. I absolutely can't wait to see what he does when he comes over here.

Reactions: hn777

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Can anyone comment on what this player does well? Is he just putting up points in the KHL like a lot of people do or does he have skills that can translate to the NHL? Is he fast? Good hockey IQ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad