F Andrew Cristall - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2023, 40th, WSH)

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
I think I prefer him to Benson at this point, not to take away from how good Benson is. Cristall, pound for pound, is just having a better season at this point and I like the offensive upside a bit more here. Just an insane creator, I value people who create things when there seemingly isnt anything over all and Cristall is a definition of that. Ironically find him comparable to Schiefele.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Put on a clinic at the end of that period. Net front goal and then a nifty toe dag to backhand pass for a Dorey tap-in. Such a crafty player.

Reactions: Dominance

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
He sure as hell is fun to watch when he is playing well.

He shows plenty of Mitch Marner tendancies on the ice. Bad ones(sometimes loses from the picture when things get rough, turnovers at times) and good ones(excellent playmaking etc).

Can't quite figure out how high he should be placed on board but production is kinda hard to ignore.

Still betting he is the one to fall at draft day if his production dips even a little.

Last edited:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He sure as hell is fun to watch when he is playing well.

He shows plenty of Mitch Marner tendancies on the ice. Bad ones(sometimes loses from the picture when things get rough, turnovers at times) and good ones(excellent playmaking etc).

Can't quite figure out how high he should be placed on board but production is kinda hard to ignore.

Still betting he is the one to fall at draft day if his production dips even a little.
I'd think 7-12 range

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Since I don't follow Kelowna all that closely, how is it that their top 4 scorers are all listed as LWers?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Since I don't follow Kelowna all that closely, how is it that their top 4 scorers are all listed as LWers?
Cristall has played RW all season.

Szturc plays center.

Dach plays center, sometimes LW.

Kydd plays LW and RW.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
If everyone is available
Kydd-Szturc-Cristall
XXX-Dach-XXX

Sometime
XXX-Szturc-Cristall
Kydd-Dach-XXX
Because Dach needs some help.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
He's not Bergeron, but Cristall backchecks, causes turnovers, engages in board play, etc.

There isn't a lick of that in Michkov's game.
I know his defensive play is improving, but it's far from being an advantage. He did also make some mistakes which led to opponents' goals. He doesn't need to be compared to Michkov, it makes no sense. They have never been seen as players at the same tier…
Michkov has Michkov's glitter, Cristall has Cristall's magic. I love Cristall, but that doesn't stop me from admitting that Michkov is better at this point. If one day Cristall is more successful than Michkov, then I will be very happy. But now I can't come up with enough evidence to support this view.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He doesn't need to be compared to Michkov, it makes no sense. They have never been seen as players at the same tier…
EliteProspects just ranked Cristall at 5, one spot below Michkov.

Guess that's not true anymore.

I suspect other outlets will follow suit. There's just no way Cristall isn't in the top 5 conversation come draft day, and I've got him at 3 right now.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

I suspect other outlets will follow suit. There's just no way Cristall isn't in the top 5 conversation come draft day, and I've got him at 3 right now.
There's no one that thinks Cristall is a better prospect than Michkov that is employed in the NHL. Now if you're scared to draft Michkov because of what's going on in the world plus his contract status that is a whole different thing.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018

Obviously subject to change but Grant McCagg (although controversial, has quite a few NHL connections) said a majority of the people he’s talked to in NHL circles don’t have crtisall top 15, let alone close to Michkov. Corey Pronman reiterated similar.

Reactions: Babyhockey

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022

Buddy, no offense. But I don't know why you're so obsessed with rankings… Do you want hawks to draft him? Or you want your guy to be drafted high?
If he's 15OA, he's not going to be someone else. If he's first overall pick, he's not going to be guaranteed anything. Cristall is Cristall, no matter where he is. I just hope he could meet a great coach to help him refined his play.
You only make people into his haters by comparing him to others like this…

edit: I'm not trying to change your mind, it's just my opinion.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I would be really thrilled if Habs draft him even if they have already small prospects like Sean Farrell and Filip Mesar then Cole Caufield at 5"7. They can all play on different lines and make 3rd great different offensive lines, I would expect like that:

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield.
Cristall - Dach - Mesar. (Cristall is 5"10, Mesar is 5"9, but maybe 5"10 soon) play with a big C 6"4.
Heineman - Beck - Farrell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad