F Andrew Cristall - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2023, 40th, WSH)

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
It’s possible I haven’t seen enough of him, but I would call him more creative than exceptionally high IQ. I think a lot of people wrongly suggest hockey IQ is how creative you are. I think that’s wrong and a completely different category of the game. Hockey IQ is your decision-making, how you can anticipate plays, and being in the right place at the right time.

His fancy plays with the puck could turn out yielding points at the rate of Zegras or it could yield points at the rate of Milano. That type of game doesn’t guarantee success.

The player I would say has exceptionally high hockey IQ is Benson, not Cristall.
imo Sometimes fans just focus on his lacrosse goal last year, think skills like that were everything to him. But his passing, his quick decisions when he under the pressure are why he was the most productive 05-born player besides Bedard. This season, he looks like put on tons of individuals efforts because Colton Dach hasn't returned, his teammates besides Kydder and Szturc, can't finish his tremendous feed (yes, we're not a great team…)
That's just my opinion. No offense, I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
2g night, but it's a tough night for him… Colton injured, so that he might have to carry the team again.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Best part of this game is his effort led to his first goal, saved an icing, won the board battle. BUT BUT he still needs to work on his dzone play, is not very dynamic.
And it's another night Rockets scored all goals when cristall was on the ice.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Cristall is way more consistent producer what Bedard
and he doesn't have to rely on his shot,

Amazing passer with good scoring ability.

Laugh all you want, but, i'm still not 100% sold on Bedard,
obviously he is realllly good, but something about
his game tells me, don't touch

Cristall is more all around player, who can produce
as much as bedard.

opinions. also players rise, sometimes lot
Jesus dude give it up.

Reactions: Bubbles

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Cristall is way more consistent producer what Bedard
and he doesn't have to rely on his shot,

Amazing passer with good scoring ability.

Laugh all you want, but, i'm still not 100% sold on Bedard,
obviously he is realllly good, but something about
his game tells me, don't touch

Cristall is more all around player, who can produce
as much as bedard.
I like Cristall’s all around game. But, it’s not necessarily about total production at this level. It’s about raw tools and how much a players game will translate. I think Bedard will need to adjust his game for the pro level quite a bit, but his talent and attributes alone make him #1 or #2 in this draft.

I love the enthusiasm for Cristall. He is a great all around player who looks like he could have a high floor and he’s definitely rising in the draft rankings.

Reactions: FourQuarters

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Definitely getting to that next level. I'm happy to see he's embraced the role of primary offensive guy.
He has been the primary offensive guy. But team leans on him so heavily… He didn't have time to really improve his defensive play…

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
care to elaborate please?
I'm sorry I didn't explain it clearly, it was a greeat game, I just said points didn't mean he had his best performance, not really negative, but I think he could do better, be more dynamic in the ozone. His role in this game was not that big compared to his other games, partly because they spent a lot of time on PK.
Never mind, it's just my bar is so high😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad