F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Crazy hot takes aside I know it is early but wow amazing to think he is scoring at a better pace than McDavid in his draft year excite to see where he ends up
He has a lot less help on his team than McDavid had in Erie, too.

I’m fully confident that Lafreniére is the best forward prospect since McDavid, and the most promising winger since Ovechkin. I also think that Byfield is looking like he would have not just challenged, but very possibly passed Matthews for first in 2016 and Eichel for second in 2015, and easily surpassed Hischier in 2017 and a Svechnikov in 2018. Such an amazing draft class.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Don't care for Lafreniére.

This is the most logical!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, there seems to be some people that think so, but you go ahead being "that person" that hangs out on discussion-forums typing "lol" in your answers like its 1999.

Just to be clear, I didn't see anyone refer to his skating as bad. I think a few of us said he's more of an average/slightly above average skater than the typical great skater you see out of most of the best players in the NHL. His skating isn't any worse than Kakko from the past draft.

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
Lafrenière broke his 10-game multipoint streak last game against Québec, being held scoreless (bust!). Apparently he decided to avenge it this afternoon, with a 5 pts game (1 G, 4 primary As) against the same team.

Had the Alexis Lafrenière hat-trick:
-A nice pass to Paré in front of the net at EV
-A nice pass to Paré in front of the net on the PP
-A nice pass to Paré in front of the net on the PK

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I’m fully confident that Lafreniére is the best forward prospect since McDavid, and the most promising winger since Ovechkin. I also think that Byfield is looking like he would have not just challenged, but very possibly passed Matthews for first in 2016 and Eichel for second in 2015, and easily surpassed Hischier in 2017 and a Svechnikov in 2018. Such an amazing draft class.

Are you by any chance Canadian?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Last year his centre had a 22 goal jump from his previous high from 18 to 40. This year his centre already has a career high of 18 besting last year's 17. He makes his entire line so much better, Pare is shooting at 22% mostly because he is being tee'd up in the slot so often.

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
He is going to miss a full month for the juniors. He will probably be in and around the 50 game mark. 120+ is realistic.

He went to the WJC last year and missed only 7 games. Barring injury, he should have around 60 games.
With that said, he shouldn't be expected to continue on that pace. 160 points is a lot; it' s roughly Crosby's totals in his draft year.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He went to the WJC last year and missed only 7 games. Barring injury, he should have around 60 games.
With that said, he shouldn't be expected to continue on that pace. 160 points is a lot; it' s roughly Crosby's totals in his draft year.

If I recall correctly, Crosby actually started slower that year and was "only" averaging like 2ppg at xmas and went on to average like 3 in the 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad