Player Discussion Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
No way the team didn't know exactly what they were doing here 6 weeks ago. Somewhat expecting a league investigation because that's how these things tend to go when Edmonton tries to bend the rules.

This report is also a black mark on the credibility of that podcast twitter account a lot of people have been posting lately.

Me too even though this exact scenario, to the letter, was green lit for the Lightning to take advantage of in 2021.

Still doesn't change that I'm sure they'll find some unique technicality that makes ours different that they'll seize on.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

X6pR.gif

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No way the team didn't know exactly what they were doing here 6 weeks ago. Somewhat expecting a league investigation because that's how these things tend to go when Edmonton tries to bend the rules.

This report is also a black mark on the credibility of that podcast twitter account a lot of people have been posting lately.
Is it bending the rules? You would think Kane’s entitled to get different doctors opinions and decide if / when he wants surgery in the off season.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Me too even though this exact scenario, to the letter, was green lit for the Lightning to take advantage of in 2021.

Still doesn't change that I'm sure they'll find some unique technicality that makes ours different that they'll seize on.

And gives Calgary a 3rd Round Draft pick

Is it bending the rules? You would think Kane’s entitled to get different doctors opinions and decide if / when he wants surgery in the off season.

JJ did say he was exploring non surgical remedies and 2nd opinions, which a player is allowed to do.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Sure it looks bad on 2 mutts, but this is the kind of stuff that helps them "VGK" the rules.

"Things were going great this summer, but there was a "setback". Surgery to take place Sept 1. Out "indefinitely"."

Reactions: Giggleplex

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Bonus points to Evander Kane waiting all summer to get the surgery, lol.
I’m sure he wants to look at every option and let it heal naturally. Once that isn’t possible he can go on LTIR right before the season and get his surgery sometime later.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

First and foremost, I hope that if he is injured that he actually fully recovers. Because I don’t think he was healthy from January through the playoffs.

But if was hurt, I don’t know why he wouldn’t get surgery sooner. Feels like theres a lot going on behind the scenes, I just hope both sides are on the same page.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’m sure he wants to look at every option and let it heal naturally. Once that isn’t possible he can go on LTIR right before the season and get his surgery sometime later.

Kane knows whats up. He prevents a buy out or trade, gets to spend a few extra months maybe chilling at a upscale rental in California, recovering from surgery and then comes back after the trade deadline, lol.

First and foremost, I hope that if he is injured that he actually fully recovers. Because I don’t think he was healthy from January through the playoffs.

But if was hurt, I don’t know why he wouldn’t get surgery sooner. Feels like theres a lot going on behind the scenes, I just hope both sides are on the same page.

This is exactly what the Oilers want to happen, I would say everyone is on the exact same page.

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The thing about 2 Mutts is that you deal with the information given you. So you have a good source that places him in some training, looking healthy. The Oilers decide to job the system and pull a Vegas and say..."Aw shucks it looks like surgery now." when every other avenue to cut salary fails.

Is that on 2 Mutts? Did they have good information? Could it have changed with a wave of Jeff Jackson's magic wand? All could be true.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I'd rather Kane be in top form come playoffs. Is this an injury that would have him remain on LTIR up to the TDL? It doesn't seem that way. It feels like this doesn't really help us. Someone would need to get injured right before the TDL for it to really matter.

Just get him the surgery/help he needs to come back at 100% and be damned with the posturing. If he misses a month or two, so be it.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
That idiot David Staples is posting pics of Kane at a swimming pool with his kids questioning how he can go on LTIR. what a POS.
The Oilers media is unreal. Can't get out of their own way.

#1 completely off limits to post or repost pics of players with their families.

#2 From experience, the pool with young kids does not stress the body one bit.

#3 why would you mess with whatever JJ and SB have planned?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Called it!

Seeing this get bumped, has there been any news on Kane getting surgery for his sports hernia?

I will continue to wear the tin foil hat and think they're deliberately delaying this until training camp.
So instead of him getting it dealt with in July and coming back after New Year's, Kane'll go under the knife in October with the expected timetable of him being ready to play by mid-April. Funny how that timing conveniently lines up with Game 1 of the playoffs. Literally ripping a page out of the Lightning's playbook from 2021.

Going into camp we'll hear something along the lines of "In the best shape of my life. After a summer of rest it's in a manageable spot." But then something will get tweaked during fitness testing and they'll "finally" decide surgery is the best course of action.

With Kane on LTIR until the start of the playoffs. that'd allow them to keep both Kulak and Ceci, plus leave about 2 to 3 mil for the TDL (depending on what Holloway and Broberg sign for).

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'd rather Kane be in top form come playoffs. Is this an injury that would have him remain on LTIR up to the TDL? It doesn't seem that way. It feels like this doesn't really help us. Someone would need to get injured right before the TDL for it to really matter.

Just get him the surgery/help he needs to come back at 100% and be damned with the posturing. If he misses a month or two, so be it.

Problem is with surgery this is closer to a 6 month recovery window vs. a month or 2.

I'd guess this is the main reason why he didn't opt for surgery this year. If he was told in December that he wouldn't be able to play until June and would likely miss the playoffs, I can see why him and the team would hesitate on taking that option.

Now the Oil and Kane get to choose their timeline. One that aligns with a late March / early April comeback and lets him take on a 2 week conditioning stint in Bakersfield right at the end of the season without issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad